2462 replies to this topic

#141 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Grim @ February 24, 2008 - 10:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance our old #13 Slava Kozlov is available? he would be absolutely sick cleaning up Datsyuk's passes!

The Wings were supposedly interested in Kozlov over the summer but he re-signed with Atlanta. I doubt they re-signed him to fairly long deal just to trade him in the off-season. I don't think he's what the Wings are looking for, anyway.

QUOTE (sverige @ February 24, 2008 - 10:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if this has already been answered, but is there any way we could get Danny Markov back from Russia? I don't really understand how the transfer agreement works, could we just pay his current Russian club a lot of money or something? I miss that crazy Russian.

Markov would have to clear waivers if the Wings were to sign him, so he won't be returning.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#142 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 24, 2008 - 10:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holland and the Wings brass were watching the Oilers/Avs game in Edmonton tonight. Not speculating anything, just saying he was there.

If he was scouting, Stoll, Moreau and Staios looked good thumbup.gif

Yay? Now, on the other hand, I heard Pitkanen was on the block....

Seriously though. Moreau is a heart and soul guy and Staios would be a great fit, but Stoll...he doesnt interest me in the least bit. I have a feeling hed be a grittier Jason Williams, and getting just as much flack here on LGW as Jason did. Pass..
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#143 sverige

sverige

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

Markov would have to clear waivers if the Wings were to sign him, so he won't be returning.
[/quote]

DAMN! How come Salami didn't have to clear waivers when he decided to get off his lazy ass? I was talking to some Kings fans, what about getting Cammalleri and Stuart from LA. They were suggesting Kindl, Kopecky and a #1. Get 'er done Kenny!

#144 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ February 25, 2008 - 04:35AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Wings were supposedly interested in Kozlov over the summer but he re-signed with Atlanta. I doubt they re-signed him to fairly long deal just to trade him in the off-season. I don't think he's what the Wings are looking for, anyway.

true... but the Thrashers were bonafide contenders last year. moving kozzie might free up enough funds so they can keep Hossa. Slava Kozlov would have made a sweet linemate for Dats. oh well.

I'm starting to think Kenny is thinking way, waay out of the box. uh oh scared.gif

#145 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 24, 2008 - 11:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holland and the Wings brass were watching the Oilers/Avs game in Edmonton tonight. Not speculating anything, just saying he was there.

Moreau would be such a great addition. As would Staios.

#146 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

Bob McKenzie just announced that Ottawa and Montreal are in the lead to get Hossa. Although many think Ottawa is just in it to up the prices for Montreal...
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#147 WiNgSowN

WiNgSowN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Man only 2 more days getting so anxious....What time is the deadline on Tuesday like 2 P.M. or something?

#148 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 25, 2008 - 01:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moreau/Staios, & possibly Fedorov are more realistic acquisitions than Hossa.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#149 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ February 25, 2008 - 01:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob McKenzie just announced that Ottawa and Montreal are in the lead to get Hossa. Although many think Ottawa is just in it to up the prices for Montreal...

Wouldn't surprise me 1 bit for opposing GMs entering a bid just to raise the price dry.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#150 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 25, 2008 - 01:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thumbup.gif Yepp, I'd give up Hudler & Kopecky for Moreau. I know how much people covet them on here, but straight up for Moreau would be a great deal for the Wings. Staios... I dunno what Edmonton would want, maybe a young d-man and a pick.

#NOMOREKINDL

#151 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ February 25, 2008 - 01:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hossa hated being in Ottawa before, for one thing, and the management didn't exactly mind getting rid of him. I really can't see why they'd want him back.

#152 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (WiNgSowN @ February 25, 2008 - 12:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man only 2 more days getting so anxious....What time is the deadline on Tuesday like 2 P.M. or something?

3pm.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 25 February 2008 - 01:14 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#153 Canadian Wings

Canadian Wings

bullocks

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 24, 2008 - 10:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd take Stoll and Staios. But Staios is locked up til' 2012 i dont really like that. Stoll is ok, i don't see why we'd need Moreau he wouldn't give us any scoring touch that we lack.

#154 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Canadian Wings @ February 25, 2008 - 02:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd take Stoll and Staios. But Staios is locked up til' 2012 i dont really like that. Stoll is ok, i don't see why we'd need Moreau he wouldn't give us any scoring touch that we lack.

Moreau brings other qualitys. He always finshes his checks, great penalty killer, leader, fighter, Canadian tongue.gif. Plus, for a 3rd liner, he's got better offence then most. Franzen, Kopecky, Draper, Drake, Maltby, He's a better scorer then them.

I'd take all 3 actually, Stoll brings a good 2-way presence, with some size and is good at faceoffs. Staios is tough as nails and has a pretty good shot for a defensive defenseman.

#NOMOREKINDL

#155 HenryMalredo

HenryMalredo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Kp-Wings @ February 25, 2008 - 12:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moreau...............eh, good player, but this team has enough 3rd liners. Staios would be nice, but his contract is too big for what he brings to the table.

#156 Canadian Wings

Canadian Wings

bullocks

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

Well Moreau got injured tonight so everybody can drop his name now

He's just another draper, malts, drake type player anyways!

#157 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (sverige @ February 25, 2008 - 06:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DAMN! How come Salami didn't have to clear waivers when he decided to get off his lazy ass? I was talking to some Kings fans, what about getting Cammalleri and Stuart from LA. They were suggesting Kindl, Kopecky and a #1. Get 'er done Kenny!

Selšnne was without contract to any league = no waivers.

Markov is contracted to Russian club.

user posted imageuser posted image

#158 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:56 AM

Saleai may still be an option!!

Posted Image

#159 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:54 AM

All this talk about trading with Edmonton, Id like to have Hossa or Ollie, as long as the prices is not to "High", What is a High price for Hossa, Hudler? I would gladly trade a struggling Hudler for a guy who will produce NOW and with all our defensive woes right now Id have to think a Minor deal will be made for a mid-range d-man When Nick Comes back and Rafalski gets healthy and Chelli is good to go we will be awesome again with Kronwall back in on tuesday so to spend a lot of time on D-Men to me would not be a good chioce to make right now our problem Isnt D Its lack of offense, Losing 1-0 1-0 come on !! cant score ONE GOAL so Deadline deals for me would be this

Hudler,(other comp.) for Hossa
and possibly a middle of the road D-Man aquisition

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 25 February 2008 - 08:56 AM.

#160 FirstSamuel1745

FirstSamuel1745

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:29 AM

Just wanted to float something out there -

"The Fourth Period" is reporting that the Islanders are taking offers for Satan, Fedotenko, and Comrie.

http://www.thefourth.../nyi080225.html

Any of these guys strike you as worthwhile additions? I've always like Fedotenko - he's always struck me as a Dan Cleary-type, and let's not forget he played a big role in Tampa's Cup run. Just thinking out loud.