• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Hasek and Rafalski on IR - Ericsson & Hartigan Called Up

Rate this topic

Hasek, Rafalski put on IR to facilitate Ericsson, Hartigan call-ups

Posted by George James Malik February 20, 2008 14:19PM

According to DetroitRedWings.com's Ryan Doehrty, the Wings have put Brian Rafalski and Dominik Hasek on the injured reserve list, retroactive to their respective injuries, in order to create roster space to recall Jonathan Ericsson and Mark Hartigan from Grand Rapids:

February 20, DetroitRedWings.com: Red Wings Assistant General Manager Jim Nill just told me that both Brian Rafalski and Dominik Hasek have been put on IR. Forward Mark Hartigan and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson have been called up from Grand rapids, and are already on their way to Detroit. Nill also confirmed that both Hartigan and Ericsson will practice with the Red Wings tomorrow before leaving for Calgary.

Well you shouldn't be worried .. Ralf skated today in practice but left when they got into physical play ... Dom is old .. putting them on IR isnt a bad thing .. The wings just need roster spots to bring up Hartigan and Ericksson..

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/02/mo...nwall_clos.html

MLIVE is stating Kronwall might be available for the Calgary game on Friday.

Brian Rafalski skated for about 15 minutes at the beginning of practice and then left the ice. Niklas Kronwall looked good shooting the puck, and he also participated in the scrimmage at the end of practice.

Yeah Rafaski and Hasek were both listed as day-to-day and coming back "soon". I'm not sure how the backdated IR works - someone enlighten us? I think that means they can still come off and play soon - but temporarily call up the back-up Ds.

Rafaski is sorely needed back - Cheli can pick up extra minutes - he played great the other night.

How about trade for Feds and put him on D?? ;)

Why is Hartigan called up? Which other forward is hurt?

Normally a team carries 2 goalies, since we had called up Howard we had 3, now that dom is on the IR that leaves a spot open. Therefore, we now have the normal 2 goalies so we called up a forward.

I think IR is retroactive to the date of their injury. The can be placed on IR after sitting out X number of games and come off IR Y days from their injury even if they were placed on IR the day prior. I'm not sure how long you have to be on IR though. Hope this helps.

February 20, DetroitRedWings.com:

Red Wings Assistant General Manager Jim Nill just told me that both Brian Rafalski and Dominik Hasek have been put on IR. Forward Mark Hartigan and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson have been called up from Grand rapids, and are already on their way to Detroit. Nill also confirmed that both Hartigan and Ericsson will practice with the Red Wings tomorrow before leaving for Calgary.

There's been no indication as to whether a forward is hurt, but you don't recall Hartigan to sit. It's also worth noting that Rafalski and Hasek are on the IR retroactively, so they don't have to sit for another week--they can return whenever they're healthy.

Hasek, Rafalski put on IR to facilitate Ericsson, Hartigan call-ups

Posted by George James Malik February 20, 2008 14:19PM

According to DetroitRedWings.com's Ryan Doehrty, the Wings have put Brian Rafalski and Dominik Hasek on the injured reserve list, retroactive to their respective injuries, in order to create roster space to recall Jonathan Ericsson and Mark Hartigan from Grand Rapids:

February 20, DetroitRedWings.com: Red Wings Assistant General Manager Jim Nill just told me that both Brian Rafalski and Dominik Hasek have been put on IR. Forward Mark Hartigan and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson have been called up from Grand rapids, and are already on their way to Detroit. Nill also confirmed that both Hartigan and Ericsson will practice with the Red Wings tomorrow before leaving for Calgary.

I'm very interested in seeing what Ericsson has to offer. I hope he gets the call for HNIC on Saturday against the 'Nucks.

Guest Agalloch

I hope not... I wouldn't give Ericsson straight up for Sundin. If he was involved in a trade for Hossa, sure.

I hope not... I wouldn't give Ericsson straight up for Sundin. If he was involved in a trade for Hossa, sure.

I was just listening to the radio, they mentioned Filppula for Hossa. I don't if they were meaning straight up or anything else, but would you pull the trigger on that deal if it were to come up?