• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

playoff concerns

Rate this topic

Campbell will be in a Sharks uniform by the deadline. Tried to get Redden, didnt work....now Campbell will be their much needed guy.
Yeah, I could see that happening.

Guest Canadian Wings
Campbell will be in a Sharks uniform by the deadline. Tried to get Redden, didnt work....now Campbell will be their much needed guy.

Or in a Flyers. They had a deal done with the Leafs for Kaberle but he wouldn't waive his no-trade.

Wooo! I would LOVE to see the Stars in the playoffs...Turco possibly playing 4 games at the Joe does not sound good for Stars fans. But that aside no team in the West makes me uneasy except for Anaheim...They are the only team I would like the Wings to avoid but I do believe that we can beat anyone in a seven game series. Anaheim as I implied would give us a very hard time though especially if we see them in the WCF.

Guest Canadian Wings
Carter for Campbell.... :scared:

they had carter and a 1st for kaberle but he wouldnt waive his no trade

although kaberle is a bargain for a couple more seasons so they wouldn't give up that much.

Campbell is so overrated. Sure, I'd take him on the Wings if the option was presented for not giving up much, but not at that asking price.

This is just proving more and more that the lockout did absolutley nothing for the NHL. From what I understand, it was supposed to stop player salaries from reaching such ridiculous Alexei Yashin-esque standards. Yet, instead, you got guys like Daniel Briere making eight million a season, and guys like Campbell asking for six million.

Oh well. I expect to see him playing for another team by the deadline, or at most, by next summer.

Edited by Kp-Wings

People who took this too seriously and got offended by it, don't be. JR's sense of humour is like that, and if he didn't know Cheli so well, he wouldn't have said it.

Only defenceman I would want from Buffalo is Ludman. Campbell at anything over 4 million is a ripoff.

But some team will pay it. After crying poor and bringing in the cap, some real geniuses will be there to inflate Campbell's salary like many others before him. I mean if Brian McCabe is making 6 million Campbell wants at least that, with no trade clauses (ie all the fixins) included of course.

People who took this too seriously and got offended by it, don't be. JR's sense of humour is like that, and if he didn't know Cheli so well, he wouldn't have said it.

Yeah, Roenick and Chelios are good friends, I think people jumped all over thsi without understanding what the point of the statement was. He was joking.

Guyz and galz, Roenick isn't cutting Cheli, he's just saying that if HE Roenick sticks around to shoot him...it's basically self-deprecation. Also, for those who say 'Hmm didn't know JR was playing this year' etc. he has been a force for the Sharks with something to prove and wears his heart on his sleeve every game, he has proved everyone wrong and is one of SJ's MVPs from a leadership and heart standpoint, Detroit could use a little of that some games.

Just like to point out a couple stats on Roenick, he is tied for seventh on the team in points with 9 goals and 22 points in 54 games, however he LEADS THE TEAM with 6 game-winning goals (technically tied w/ Michalek) and is second in shooting percentage. Anytime I watch SJ he plays tough, plays hard, plays like every game is his last, I guess that's the sort of attitude you gain when you are so close to being edged out of doing what you love. The other night against New Jersey Brodeur gave him some bull about bumping him and Roenick got right in his face and gave him a hard chest bump, the Devs all jumped him, 'twas great, loved it...it'll be too bad when he's out of the game. This is the sort of guy you love on your team.

Exactly. It was'nt meant as a cut-up.

JR is a load that should have been swallowed!

I'm sorry that some of you don't have the sense of humor (or class) to get this joke, but JR has the utmost respect for CHelios, and was in fact taking a dig at himself.

I've had nothing but great hockey conversations on these boards, and I still think they're some of the classiest, well spoken boards around. Some of you should take more pride in that and grow up a little.

As for the Sharks...yikes, we've really been stinking as of late... but seeing the passion, class and drive that ROenick gives, as well as seeing him score 500 ( I was there) is amazing. He adds so much to the Sharks it's unreal. Sadly nobody else seems to have that passion.

Edited by Defenseman13

Campbell is so overrated. Sure, I'd take him on the Wings if the option was presented for not giving up much, but not at that asking price.

This is just proving more and more that the lockout did absolutley nothing for the NHL. From what I understand, it was supposed to stop player salaries from reaching such ridiculous Alexei Yashin-esque standards. Yet, instead, you got guys like Daniel Briere making eight million a season, and guys like Campbell asking for six million.

Oh well. I expect to see him playing for another team by the deadline, or at most, by next summer.

Back in the day, Alexei Yashin was making $10m per season. The NHL's average salary was $41m, and the players' share of revenue was 75%. The NHL's total revenue was about $1.64b. Yashin made approximately 0.6% of league revenues personally.

The minimum revenue for the NHL to have a $10m man under the current CBA is $2.63b. That 0.6% figure? Yeah, that would be over $16m.

To further illustrate, the maximum player salary is 20% of his team's cap figure, which is in turn 1/30th of the players' revenue, which is again in turn a maximum of 57% of league revenue. So on the late-90s figure of $1.64b, the maximum player salary using the current CBA would have been about $6.25m..which wasn't even close to the top salaries in the league.

Nobody is reaching Yashin-like money in the respect that the league makes TONS more money now.

Campbell is a lot better than people are crediting him for....

I hate the Sabres, but I live in Buffalo and go to school in Rochester and my roommate is a Sabres fan so I see him play a lot.

He is very comparable to Mathieu Schneider in Offensive ability and a little bit more sound defensively than Schneider, and 10 years younger as well. He will get and deserves, every penny that Schneider got.