Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Hasek on ice; Kronwall to return Tuesday

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...n_ice_kron.html

Hasek back in gear, on ice; Kronwall to return on Tuesday

by Ansar Khan

Friday February 22, 2008, 2:49 PM

Update from the morning skate in Calgary: Goaltender Dominik Hasek was back on the ice for the first time since the Feb. 9 game in Toronto. Hasek, who has an inflamed hip flexor, tested his movements on the ice and took some shots toward the end of the session. He said he felt good and hopes to start practicing with the team shortly. But he wouldn't speculate on when he might return.

Coach Mike Babcock said defenseman Niklas Kronwall (sprained clavicle) will return to action in Tuesday's game in Edmonton, but Brian Rafalski (strained groin) won't play on this three-game western Canada trip.

General manager Ken Holland said he will offer Darren McCarty a contract prior to Tuesday. He hasn't been able to connect with McCarty's agent, Pat Morris, who also represented Mickey Renaud, the Windsor Spitfires player who collapsed and died at his home on Monday.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...n_ice_kron.html

Hasek back in gear, on ice; Kronwall to return on Tuesday

by Ansar Khan

Friday February 22, 2008, 2:49 PM

Update from the morning skate in Calgary: Goaltender Dominik Hasek was back on the ice for the first time since the Feb. 9 game in Toronto. Hasek, who has an inflamed hip flexor, tested his movements on the ice and took some shots toward the end of the session. He said he felt good and hopes to start practicing with the team shortly. But he wouldn't speculate on when he might return.

Coach Mike Babcock said defenseman Niklas Kronwall (sprained clavicle) will return to action in Tuesday's game in Edmonton, but Brian Rafalski (strained groin) won't play on this three-game western Canada trip.

General manager Ken Holland said he will offer Darren McCarty a contract prior to Tuesday. He hasn't been able to connect with McCarty's agent, Pat Morris, who also represented Mickey Renaud, the Windsor Spitfires player who collapsed and died at his home on Monday.

thanks for the update

I want Kronnic back now. I have a feeling this guy is gonna come up huge for us in the playoffs.

I was about to say as long as he is *something*. But I caught myself at the last second before I was about to say it, no way I jinx that.