• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Red Wings, Leafs talking trade

Rate this topic

The rumour regarding Sundin supposedly is constituted of Sundin and Hal Gill to Detroit for either Filppula or Hudler, a top prospect, and a draft pick, which is ridiculous.

I see him doing this just to do something at the trade deadline (sorta like the 11 player trade in the NBA). Though there is someone else you can get involving Flip.

Guest Canadian Wings
The rumour regarding Sundin supposedly is constituted of Sundin and Hal Gill to Detroit for either Filppula or Hudler, a top prospect, and a draft pick, which is ridiculous.

Link to that article please.

true, but its not like that writer would no if that deals been discussed. it could be bulls*** either way, we'll never no thats what makes it so fun.

The players themselves totally debunked the rumor. None of them, including the coach, see him coming here.

Guest Canadian Wings
The players themselves totally debunked the rumor. None of them, including the coach, see him coming here.

debuncted the rumor of the players talking to holland, not the rumour of that sundin & gill proposal. but really what do u think babcocks gonna say, yah were in discussions for sundin?

You're kidding, right? This is Hal Gill we're talking about.

The guy is 6'7, yet is a soft as a goose down pillow. He never uses his size, has no offensive ability at all, and is absolutley horrendous defensivily. If you think Lilja is bad with the puck, you haven't seen anything until you've seen Gill. It's awful watching him.

Murphy and Macoun were a lot different than Gill. Each one of them had abilities they could bring to the table: Murphy was an offensive, puck moving guy, and Macoun was more of a physical, stay at home defenseman. They both were brought here because they addressed certain needs, and it helped that they could be brought in for cheap, and didn't have big salaries to pay either.

Gill is neither of those things. He can't put up points, and he's not physical either. He is the perfect example of the type of player that has, for the most, gone extinct in the new NHL, and that is the big, slow guy who can't skate, and has to maul opposing players down like a giant bear. Even in the pre-lockout NHL he was still terrible, and always has been.

People are being fooled by Gill's size. He's a terrible defenseman all around, and since he doesn't use his size at all, it would make no sense to have him here.

You should have just deferred to your signature to save yourself from writing all that. Geniuses have a way of summing things up rather quickly, you know. :sly:

Only way I could see us pulling the trigger is if he'd sign an extension with us. Though it's been suggested that he'd simply head back to Toronto and it seems like the obvious assumption. But you know, I'm just not sure. I wouldn't be shocked if Mats wanted to put in some time with a new team as opposed to just being a rental who tags his name on the Cup. That just seems to be the impression I get of him. If they could ensure that, I could see the Wings really pushing for this to go through and I think we'll have a definite edge over Anaheim in the matter. That's just a hunch though...as is everything for that matter...

That has Hossa written all over it. Doooooo it Kenny.

How? That was just another usual Ken Holland cliche article. How many times has he said the line "We may make a deal, but we may not. I'd like to, but we can't give up too much" in the past weeks leading up to the trade deadline? It really doesn't mean anything, because he says this sort of thing every year.

You should have just deferred to your signature to save yourself from writing all that. Geniuses have a way of summing things up rather quickly, you know. :sly:

Lilja is big too, though, so anything is possible. Right? :hehe:

Edited by Kp-Wings

How? That was just another usual Ken Holland cliche article. How many times has he said the line "We may make a deal, but we may not. I'd like to, but we can't give up too much" in the past weeks leading up to the trade deadline? It really doesn't mean anything, because he says this sort of thing every year.

Was referring to this ""We'll make a big move if it fits what we are trying to do in the short term and the long term," Holland explained."

oh goodness gracious. first we were thinking of Sundin, now talking perhaps a package deal with Hall Gill? does he have a NTC too?? why is Kenny trying to help solve all of Fletcher's troubles at once!

Maybe Rafalski can climb onto Gill's shoulders to make one mega voltron defender... :lol:

oh goodness gracious. first we were thinking of Sundin, now talking perhaps a package deal with Hall Gill? does he have a NTC too?? why is Kenny trying to help solve all of Fletcher's troubles at once!

Maybe Rafalski can climb onto Gill's shoulders to make one mega voltron defender... :lol:

What for, we already have Lilja?