• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tubaguy

You've gotta love TSN!

Rate this topic

So, I was looking around TSN this morning when I saw the article about last night's game. It spoke about how amazing Kipper was, but if you were reading the article and had no knowledge of the Wings current injuries, you would think they were just missing a couple players. You've gotta love how the Canadian media really makes the Flames look better by trying to elevate last night's win by implying that they beat the Red Wings team that is running away with the West, when in reality, they faced an extremely young team missing the heart and soul of its identity.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230351&hubname=

Hell, if my team beat the wings i would be tooting my own horn as well. I wouldn't mention just how many guys were hurt or that those are players that truly are the hart and soul of the team. I would do this to first build some excitement about my team, to try and see buts in the seats and to try and give my team a little confidence.

Thats just me though.

Guest nutz2u

I don't even read the Canadian sites anymore because they are so biased just like the Refs. Every time we play the Canadian teams it's an uphill battle with the penalty calls. ******* Phaneuf hit should have been called. Nothing but a dickwad as far as I'm concerned.

So, I was looking around TSN this morning when I saw the article about last night's game. It spoke about how amazing Kipper was, but if you were reading the article and had no knowledge of the Wings current injuries, you would think they were just missing a couple players. You've gotta love how the Canadian media really makes the Flames look better by trying to elevate last night's win by implying that they beat the Red Wings team that is running away with the West, when in reality, they faced an extremely young team missing the heart and soul of its identity.

Don't even worry about them.

If there's one thing I have done over the past few years with regards to sports and media, whether it is watching the Red Wings or my other favorite teams like the New Orleans Saints or my alma mater or LSU Tigers, is to not take the opinions of media and sports writers so seriously.

I know the Red Wings situation right now, I know they are still a good team, I know the Flames are a good team as well capable of making noise in the playoffs. That's enough knowledge for me, why complicate things further or make myself become pissy trying to find out if other sources are disrespecting the Red Wings or whatever else. I go to sports sites now almost exclusively only for box score/AP recaps, injury statuses and the latest trade updates.

Injuries are a reallity but not an excuse and the Wings did not score a single goal last night while the young defense fill ins allowed one. It seems to me the front end needed to step up to support the back.

At the end of the day the team on the ice is the Dertoit Red Wings and were beaten. Tonight the team they face will be an equal test and if they do not score goals on the best goalie in hockey they will not win...whether that is perceived as CDN media thinking or not it is reality.

My god, TSN is so pro-Canadian teams. It can be sickening (to some, However, for me im also a habs fan by relation. So I don't Mind hearing about the habs erasing a 5-0 deficit. :satisfied:) . Though, TSN-Sportscenter hosts normally do a good job at evening it out. Well, at least the weekday guys.

The Canadian media are not Idiots. They are catering to their fan base. For all the Toronto/Calgary/Vancouver etc. people they are talking to, do you really think those fans want to hear how much the wings are kicking their :censored: .

Its would be like a wings fan going to read an Avs newspaper. Do you really think the Avs are going to make it fair?... hell no.

Take it for what it is. If you like their articles, read them. If not, try ESPN, or hell, even DetroitRedWings.com . :thumbup:

You must have been reading this article at the same time you we're watching Jerry Springer. TSN quoted Alex Tanguay in regards to we are missing Lidstrom and Refalski due to injuries. Later in the article they brought up the other Wings that are injured, but I guess you didn't get that far. I thought they we're on the money with their reporting. The only problem I seen is they failed to recognize the fact that the Red Wings and the Flames both had the number "18" on their helmets, not just the flames.

I don't even read the Canadian sites anymore because they are so biased just like the Refs. Every time we play the Canadian teams it's an uphill battle with the penalty calls. ******* Phaneuf hit should have been called. Nothing but a dickwad as far as I'm concerned.

a dickwad that we would love to be in the red/white :hehe:

This just in! The Canadian media hates the Red Wings!

Come on guys, this is old news, so don't take them too seriously. They're biased, they're idiots, and they're jealous of the Wings' success over the last 15 years.

It's also sickening to hear that the CFL is better than the NFL, and has better athletes. Whatever.

You must have been reading this article at the same time you we're watching Jerry Springer. TSN quoted Alex Tanguay in regards to we are missing Lidstrom and Refalski due to injuries. Later in the article they brought up the other Wings that are injured, but I guess you didn't get that far. I thought they we're on the money with their reporting. The only problem I seen is they failed to recognize the fact that the Red Wings and the Flames both had the number "18" on their helmets, not just the flames.

I strongly dislike the Flames, but I did think it was nice of Tanguay to acknowledge Lids and Raf. I also thought it was nice that he noted that his goal was a fluke, rather than just being silent about that part of it.

I didn't know the Wings had 18 on their helmets as I only heard the game rather than seeing it. Thanks for passing that on.

They acknowledged the Wings' injuries on a couple occassions... sorry bud but no one but Wings' fans feel sorry for the injuries, the NHL is going to move on. The Flames won against the #1 team in the NHL, you want the media to cancel all interviews because the Wings weren't 100%? A win is a win is a win is a win is a win, etc... No one should feel sympathetic for a team that can't stay healthy, get over it.

Guest nutz2u
What? Why wouldn't anyone want a punishing physical defenseman with a cannon for a shot? Especially now with our depleted defense?

No, he is dirty and makes me want to puke just like Donger.