• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Chelios has small chip in fibula, could be out a few days.

Rate this topic

Cheli

"It's stiff, as expected, because of swelling,'' Chelios said. "Mostly, it's the swelling that's prohibiting me from using my muscle in that leg. Just up and down the center of the nerves and the ligaments. Just a big bruise. It's way stiffer today than it was yesterday. That's normal, because of swelling.''

I am beginning to believe that our D-men are cursed or something, we keep losing them to injury. Hopefully once the playoffs start the injury bug will go after some other team. The Ducks would be a good choice.

I heard from a source the Chelios will be out longer than just a few days, quite possibly 2-3 weeks. SWF4

:P

Obviously kidding folks, just poking fun at Mr. Eklund with most of his rumors that go wrong and him being off-base on Lidstrom's injury. ;)

Well, we can look at it this way - ALL of our top defencemen (and forwards...let's not forget the forwards, too) will be back in plenty of time and well-rested for the playoffs, after sitting out for at least a few games with their various injuries.

Cracks me up, though, that Lilja is the most experienced d-man in the lineup right now. If it wasn't for him, it'd be Lebda. Yikes. :scared:

I can't believe that Lilja is our top defenseman. This is like being in a nightmare that you cannot wake up from.

but maybe Lilja and Lebda will surprise me and play brilliantly and help the team get a win.

I heard from a source the Chelios will be out longer than just a few days, quite possibly 2-3 weeks. SWF4

:P

Obviously kidding folks, just poking fun at Mr. Eklund with most of his rumors that go wrong and him being off-base on Lidstrom's injury. ;)

Jack, do not cause trouble! :lol:

Seriously though, if it is just chipped, I wonder if they will put him in a cam walker or cast just for a couple days even.

Jack, do not cause trouble! :lol:

Seriously though, if it is just chipped, I wonder if they will put him in a cam walker or cast just for a couple days even.

Any bone takes 4-6 weeks to fully heal. A primary matrix can be laid down as soon as 2 weeks though. If it's wrapped/supported properly he should be able to play pretty soon.

Great. Now we're gonna lose just because you said that. Thanks a lot bro. <_<

JK...we're gonna lose because my grandmother is more experienced than our top defenseman.

SHHH! Don't let that out or people will want to trade Sammy for her. You don't really want Sammy for a grandmother, now, do you?

I'm not seeing a definate victory over Edmonton, but at least our GR boys have a game or two under their belts.

I have to wonder if it isn't easier for them, on some level, to come into the league being paired with a defenseman with whom they are familiar. Not only do they know that person's habits and tendancies, but they also don't have the pressure of being paired with a living legend like Nick or Cheli.