• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cboth686

MIA : Secondary Scoring

Rate this topic

As such, he's sure to be absolutely worthless as trade bait.

Exactly.

But... I'm still hoping the Wings get rid of Hudler, even if it's for nothing but a low round pick, or future considerations. Let's face it: if the Wings are going to depend on Hudler for secondary scoring in the playoffs, and he plays then like he's playing now, the team is in trouble.

Hudler is too small and weak. Unlike other successful small players in the NHL, like Cliff Ronning, Brian Gionta, Theo Fleury, etc., Hudler has no upper body strength at all. He get's pushed off the puck by even the smallest of players. In a series against the Ducks, he'd be an open target.

How's he going to score points from the IR? Did Holland invent a time machine for him or something?

Wow! How could you say such a thing about Feds!1!!1

:D

Anyone else notice the lack of production from Hudler, Sammy, Franzen, etc? It's brutal, I've watched there last two games, CAL & VAN and our offence looks impotent. I know I know, Lids and Rafalski not being on the point is huge. But I mean c'mon guys! Chip in a few bangers or "ugly" goals. Draper? Maltby? Still alive there guys? I know their specialty is killing penalties, but bang one home! PLEASE!

I sure hope Ken makes a move soon here. We really REALLY need to adress our seconday scoring. Yeah, we ARE in the top of the league for goals for, but Datsyuk and Zetterberg look beat, they can't carry an entire teams offence on their shoulders alone.

I still say detroits problems started with Dan Cleary going down;best defence is offence. He was good at both.

The thread could be retitled "MIA : Scoring"

Injuries may have played a part, but the team is still a one-trick pony. Well two tricks really. First trick is DHZ line.

The second trick is that just about every other player on the regular roster is a special teams player, leaning heavily on the PK.

Scoring seems like it was a Field of Dreams plan. If you build it goals will come. Too bad Holland's not Kevin Costner. If he was the plan might work.

Cleary getting hurt really hurt us. He was the secondary scoring, the rest of the guys are barely third liners on most teams (Sorry, but Filpula, Hudler and Samuelson ARE NOT good 2nd liners)

I'm sorry Filpula is more than a third liner , how many third liners have 16 goals.

just go out and offer the Slovak leagues top scorer a short contract for the playoffs.

Zigmund Palffy is now the scoring leader of the Slovakian Extraligue with 65 points (27goals 38asists) in 43 games.

Still only 35, maybe worth a risk if he wanted to come back. He never did play on a top side whilst over

here.

...problem is, these teams are all vying for a playoff spot. So people are saying don't worry, the Wings will be fine when the playoffs start, well, don't you think the #7 seed will be trying just as hard to upset the #2? You read it right, #2 seed because Dallas is now only 6 points behind us and if Holland doesn't make a major move along with minor ones, we'll be lucky to hang on to #2!!! Right now, nobody should be untouchable excpet Hank/Dats/Homer/Lids/Raf...

...Hossa/Fedorov/Foote/Glenn Murray...

Guest Crymson
...problem is, these teams are all vying for a playoff spot. So people are saying don't worry, the Wings will be fine when the playoffs start, well, don't you think the #7 seed will be trying just as hard to upset the #2? You read it right, #2 seed because Dallas is now only 6 points behind us and if Holland doesn't make a major move along with minor ones, we'll be lucky to hang on to #2!!! Right now, nobody should be untouchable excpet Hank/Dats/Homer/Lids/Raf...

...Hossa/Fedorov/Foote/Glenn Murray...

I don't care if they trade Hudler , Filpula and Samuelson. They are doing nothing for the team. We need players with Heart and Soul who are willing to go out and get the job done. I am not trying to be mean towards Hudler, Filpula, and Samuelson, but I do not think that they are the kind of players that the team needs right now.

How many third liners get second line minutes? Mind you I think he can be a second liner.

...problem is, we have a #1 line and a whole team full of 3rd/4th liners. Hence I will re-say, as I said at the beginning of the season, a 38 year old Fedorov is still better than most of our team!

It's not completely unheard of that a young player doesn't continue producing the entire season. Inconsistency is the main problem with most young players. I still wouldn't trade Flip because I believe he is more of a "playoff" player anyway. He has that extra mode once playoffs start and hopefully we will see him pick it up like he did last year. I really wish we still had a "shutdown" line to put out against other teams top lines so Z and Pav didn't have to do EVERYTHING. They're expected to shutdown and score and it's starting to take its toll.

just go out and offer the Slovak leagues top scorer a short contract for the playoffs.

Zigmund Palffy is now the scoring leader of the Slovakian Extraligue with 65 points (27goals 38asists) in 43 games.

Still only 35, maybe worth a risk if he wanted to come back. He never did play on a top side whilst over

here.

So he's out of retirement then?

I wouldn't mind Palffy. Always liked him during his Islander days.

Any talk about Brad Richards this way?

I hope you're not being serious. His salary would handcuff the Wings for years to come.

While Hossa would make something of a comparable if the Wings got him and re-signed him, Hossa is a much better player than Richards. I have nothing against Richards, but he's more of a 3-4 million dollar player, not an 8 million dollar.

While Hossa would make something of a comparable if the Wings got him and re-signed him, Hossa is a much better player than Richards. I have nothing against Richards, but he's more of a 3-4 million dollar player, not an 8 million dollar.

Not to derail the thread, but $3-4 million for Richards? I'd say $5-6.5 is a reasonable amount for him. Feaster gave him that big contract because of his Conn Smythe in '04.

I'm at least seeing ppl agreeing that Filp, Huds, Sammy etc aren't producing enough. I always kinda feared this was gonna happen.

Some good points have been brought up about our Dmen being hurt is to blame. They do after all set up beautiful outlet passes and quarterback the PP. Unfortunately though, I think we can blame the forwards cause at the end of the day. A forwards basic job is to score. A defenceman's is to defend.

I know, in hockey they kinda go together but UGH! I just wanna see some more production. I live in Calgary, and let me tell ya, watching the Flames games I feel like they are more of a threat to score with their top 3 lines than is Detroit.

Good point. Forget secondary scoring -- scoring, period. Which is perhaps even more troubling.

The Wings lead the league in scoring and as far as it coming from the top line, only about 30% of the scoring is from the DZH line. You should check your facts before you post things that are completely wrong.

Incidently the team with the LOWEST GFA in the league - the Mighty Ducks. But everybody wants to give them a free pass.

You should check your facts before you post things that are completely wrong.

You should back the f*** up and realize I'm talking about this streak, not the season at large, when I say scoring in general is a problem.

Peace out, folks. See you d-day. :sly: