#1 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...511&hubname=nhl

so let the talks begin....

I respect his decision, and this will add much more heat to the Hossa contention.

Edited by FunkedUp, 24 February 2008 - 10:23 PM.

#2 Redwingsfan18

Redwingsfan18

Enemies, then teammates, now enemies again for the next 12 years

• Silver Booster
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Well this closes that chapter. Time to focus on Hossa Kenny!
In Kenny I trust.

#3 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#4 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

Good for him.

While it is definitely natural for people of any career/profession or professional athletes to work and make a living in different cities throughout their lifetimes, I respect stay pat and playing in one city/honoring one organization for all or the majority of your career.

If Sundin is most happy in Toronto even if they don't make the playoffs or struggle, more power to him.

#5 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (rwfan007 @ February 24, 2008 - 10:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HaHa! I hope so!

BTW, f*** You Anaheim! biggrin.gif

Edited by esteef, 24 February 2008 - 10:20 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#6 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

At least that takes Anaheim out of the picture.

I dont think the Ducks can afford Hossa, can they?

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#7 p.datsyuk13

p.datsyuk13

Lucky 13

• PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

although i am disappointed i do respect his decision.... his response was very classy.

" I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June."

#8 scotvm

scotvm

RedRover

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

much respect Mr Sundin, much respect
"I knew your father before you did, and I don't think he'd be too proud of what you're doing right now. "

-Scotty Bowman

#9 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Meh.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#10 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

Respect.

#11 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:21 PM

And in Atlanta theres one man with a huge smile on his face, Don Waddell. The price for Hossa just went from huge to massive, in which case, i think in all honesty we can all but officially eliminate the Wings chances at getting him. If Holland thought the price was high before, its gonna be insane now...
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#12 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 24, 2008 - 10:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least that takes Anaheim out of the picture.

I dont think the Ducks can afford Hossa, can they?

Not unless they only want him for three months.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#13 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Lou_Siffer @ February 24, 2008 - 10:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And in Atlanta theres one man with a huge smile on his face, Don Waddell. The price for Hossa just went from huge to massive, in which case, i think in all honesty we can all but officially eliminate the Wings chances at getting him. If Holland thought the price was high before, its gonna be insane now...

Yup...

Wings will probably get Prospal at this point I think.

#14 Agalloch

Agalloch

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Respect? Are you kidding me? This guy is a joke. He'sf****** the Leafs over hard. I didn't want him (as I have stated in numerous threads; Hossa makes much more sense), but at least the Ducks don't get him. Seriously though, the guy is a dick. He could've helped the Leafs out so much.

#15 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ February 24, 2008 - 10:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not unless they only want him for three months.

I think the Ducks have proven they don't mind having players for a couple months... hehe.gif

#16 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Agalloch @ February 24, 2008 - 10:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Respect? Are you kidding me? This guy is a joke. He'sf****** the Leafs over hard. I didn't want him (as I have stated in numerous threads; Hossa makes much more sense), but at least the Ducks don't get him. Seriously though, the guy is a dick. He could've helped the Leafs out so much.

blink.gif The Leafs gave him a NTC...he IS the Maple Leafs...he had the right to stay there as the Leafs gave him that right...how is he a dick...

#17 Canadian Wings

Canadian Wings

bullocks

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Lou_Siffer @ February 24, 2008 - 10:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not necessarily, only one team was gonna get Sundin. Most of the teams after Sundin are after Hossa too. They were waiting for Sundin to make his decision. It doesn't really change much.

#18 jmonte345

jmonte345

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (russianswede919293 @ February 24, 2008 - 10:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif The Leafs gave him a NTC...he IS the Maple Leafs...he had the right to stay there as the Leafs gave him that right...how is he a dick...

I wouldn't call him a dick but I don't understand why he would want to stay with a team that doesn't want him. I'm all for loyalty but it's a two way street. Why would he stay loyal to a team that wasn't loyal to him.

Edited by jmonte345, 24 February 2008 - 10:28 PM.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

How can you not respect Sundin's decision? It's honorable.

The only questionable thing is: Why didn't he say right off the bat he would stay?

The price of Hossa just went through the roof, I doubt the Wings can afford him now, and I'm betting the chips start falling now as people hurry to follow through with Plan Bs before someone else does.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

Tons of respect for Sundin.

I'm glad Anaheim won't be getting him. I don't see how this really drives up the price for Hossa, either. If Sundin were to be traded, I doubt his list of teams would've been that big.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.