• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FunkedUp

OFFICIAL: Sundin Staying Put

Rate this topic

Good for him.

While it is definitely natural for people of any career/profession or professional athletes to work and make a living in different cities throughout their lifetimes, I respect stay pat and playing in one city/honoring one organization for all or the majority of your career.

If Sundin is most happy in Toronto even if they don't make the playoffs or struggle, more power to him.

although i am disappointed i do respect his decision.... his response was very classy.

" I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June."

And in Atlanta theres one man with a huge smile on his face, Don Waddell. The price for Hossa just went from huge to massive, in which case, i think in all honesty we can all but officially eliminate the Wings chances at getting him. If Holland thought the price was high before, its gonna be insane now...

And in Atlanta theres one man with a huge smile on his face, Don Waddell. The price for Hossa just went from huge to massive, in which case, i think in all honesty we can all but officially eliminate the Wings chances at getting him. If Holland thought the price was high before, its gonna be insane now...

Yup...

Wings will probably get Prospal at this point I think.

Guest Agalloch

Respect? Are you kidding me? This guy is a joke. He's ******* the Leafs over hard. I didn't want him (as I have stated in numerous threads; Hossa makes much more sense), but at least the Ducks don't get him. Seriously though, the guy is a dick. He could've helped the Leafs out so much.

Respect? Are you kidding me? This guy is a joke. He's ******* the Leafs over hard. I didn't want him (as I have stated in numerous threads; Hossa makes much more sense), but at least the Ducks don't get him. Seriously though, the guy is a dick. He could've helped the Leafs out so much.

:blink: The Leafs gave him a NTC...he IS the Maple Leafs...he had the right to stay there as the Leafs gave him that right...how is he a dick...

Guest Canadian Wings

Not necessarily, only one team was gonna get Sundin. Most of the teams after Sundin are after Hossa too. They were waiting for Sundin to make his decision. It doesn't really change much.

:blink: The Leafs gave him a NTC...he IS the Maple Leafs...he had the right to stay there as the Leafs gave him that right...how is he a dick...

I wouldn't call him a dick but I don't understand why he would want to stay with a team that doesn't want him. I'm all for loyalty but it's a two way street. Why would he stay loyal to a team that wasn't loyal to him.

Edited by jmonte345

How can you not respect Sundin's decision? It's honorable.

The only questionable thing is: Why didn't he say right off the bat he would stay?

The price of Hossa just went through the roof, I doubt the Wings can afford him now, and I'm betting the chips start falling now as people hurry to follow through with Plan Bs before someone else does.

Tons of respect for Sundin.

I'm glad Anaheim won't be getting him. I don't see how this really drives up the price for Hossa, either. If Sundin were to be traded, I doubt his list of teams would've been that big.

Not necessarily, only one team was gonna get Sundin. Most of the teams after Sundin are after Hossa too. They were waiting for Sundin to make his decision. It doesn't really change much.

True dat. And I think everybody was already giving him to Anaheim anyway.

Haha, I think youre overestimating this quite a bit. If there are 8 teams that were looking at Sundin and Hossa, there would still have been 7 teams looking at Hossa if Sundin went to a team. It would be one thing if there were 4 or 5 Sundins and they all said no, but lets be realistic here. The percentage hasnt changed that much.

Not to mention, Brad Richards is now officially being shopped. Then theres also Tanguay and Jokinen.

And to top it all off, now that Anaheim didnt add Sundin, maybe a team like San Jose will instead turn their focus from, say, Hossa and Stuart, to the bigger fish in Brian Campbell.

And finally, as someone else said, Hossa does in effect have some control over where he lands. If a team is only willing to make an offer for me under the condition that he re-signs with them, and he knows he doesn't want to go with that team, all he has to do is refuse to sign longterm with him, and that team will have to look elsewhere.

Exactly. Now that Sundin is eliminated, the price for Hossa shoots up even more as he's now the only huge name left. Supply goes down, demand goes up.

Which one are you? Dumb or stupid? The Leafs gave him a ntc and it is his decision to not move on the basis of that clause that was given to him. The Leafs are nothing without Sundin and he should not have to help the organization out as such. His job is to play hockey not work as a self functioning trading chip. I never ever wanted to see Sundin play for Detroit because of my blinding hatred for the Leafs but you cannot say enough about Mats and how loyal he is to an organization. Ask any educated Leaf fan if they think he is a dick and see the response...