#41 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

the price for hossa just went up a great deal

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#42 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (irishtemper14+25 @ February 24, 2008 - 10:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the price for hossa just went up a great deal

yep

Posted Image

#43 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

Let me be blunt and say, Sundin's a loser in more ways than one. He's totally screwed over the Leafs, and I can't believe he has no drive in him to win a Championship at this stage in his career.

Leaf fans SHOULD be angry, and Sundin SHOULD be booed at the ACC now. Sundin has every right to say no, but the guy should realize how he can help the team by being traded.

TWO BIG thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif from me to Sundin.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#44 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Barrie @ February 24, 2008 - 10:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me be blunt and say, Sundin's a loser in more ways than one. He's totally screwed over the Leafs, and I can't believe he has no drive in him to win a Championship at this stage in his career.

Leaf fans SHOULD be angry, and Sundin SHOULD be booed at the ACC now. Sundin has every right to say no, but the guy should realize how he can help the team by being traded.

Who screwed over who? Toronto manhandled him and exposed him to all this just to get a few picks for them to totally screw up with two years from now. He's been virtually betrayed by everyone (including the fans). It's funny when all the respect comes from fans of OTHER teams who wanted him just as bad as his fans wanted to trade him.

Leafs fans suck. If you needed any more proof, you're crazy.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#45 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

Just to be clear on this whole "most of the teams who were after Sundin are after Hossa too", those "teams" include the likes of Anaheim and Ottawa, who canNOT get into a bidding war with teams who want to sign Hossa longterm as they do NOT have the cap space next year to do so.

I think people need to learn not to believe everything they read. Just because somebody prints out a report that says "Ottawa and Anaheim are intersted in Hossa" doesnt mean its true. This crap has been printed left and right, and yet no one seems to stop and think about the logic of it. Hossa to Ottawa or Anaheim?
not if Hossa wants to go longterm. Blake to Anaheim? Yes, cause they need another Dman, and one from their biggest rival no less. :rollseyes: Brad Richards to Detroit? Yes, please, cause we can afford that contract for the next 4 years. Mats Sudin and Hal Gill to Detroit? He didnt even waive his clause....

It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#46 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:53 PM

What would wings fans do if we were in the same situation and Holland asked Yzerman to waive his NTC? I guarantee you the vast majority of fans would be outraged if Steve decided to leave.
RIP #24

#47 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ February 25, 2008 - 03:50AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leafs fans suck. If you needed any more proof, you're crazy.

Like when they booed (whoop whoop) Larry Murphy? classless.

#48 awingsincebirth

awingsincebirth

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Barrie @ February 24, 2008 - 10:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Sundin truly refused to waive it for the reasons that he gave, that he doesn't want to win a cup as a rental and that you should be there for the whole season, than cummon! It sure as f*** isn't his responsibility to compromise his beliefs to clean up the mess that JFJ created. He tries his ass off night in and night out, that's enough, that's his JOB.

Sure, the Leafs fans have every right to boo every night, but not Sundin. They have a right to boo the ownership and everyone involved in creating this massive trainwreck that they call an organization. If Sundin is greeted to a chorus of boos at the ACC, that will say a lot about the class of the fans.

"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."

#49 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Thank God. I did not want him anyway.

I gotta give him props though for staying with them even though they kinda screwed him over.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#50 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

My buddies have declared tomorrow Mats Sundin jersey day. laugh.gif Point being, the Leaf fans will still love the man. Take it easy Barrie.

#51 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

wow... damn you sundin i was sooo focused on what u where going to do i forgot to watch my ducks game just wow... not to mention seeing teemu get a hattie... i missed that to see that he is not getting traded... weak

Edited by Duck Guy, 24 February 2008 - 11:01 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#52 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Ozzie30 @ February 25, 2008 - 03:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guarantee you the vast majority of fans would be outraged if Steve decided to leave.

And if at the time were scrapping the bottom like the Laffs are now? maybe not.

#53 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:03 PM

Come on Hossa BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#54 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

I can't believe Mats is not going to be traded!!!

Posted Image

#55 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

For all you people bashing Sundin (and like Ozzie30 said)...

Imagine we never won our Cups in '97, '98 and '02. Imagine that our team wasn't going anywhere by 2004. Imagine that Ken Holland would give Stevie Y a shot at going to a contender to try and capture that elusive trophy. And imagine Stevie Y said no, declined to waive his NTC and insisted on staying with the Wings.

Would he be a dick? Would he be selfish?

Or would we praise him for his loyality?

Then again, knowing how fickle Wings fans are... dry.gif

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#56 jmonte345

jmonte345

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (superstarsingh @ February 24, 2008 - 10:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean they are not loyal to him. They asked him to waive it and they wont think anything of him not doing so as he is within the rights of his contract. Sundin is loved in Leaf Nation, trust me I live in it. It is not as if Fletcher was shopping him, the deal(s) were offered to Fletcher. Give your head a shake bud.

My head is just fine. I'm sure the offers did come in, but if the Leafs weren't interested in a trade they would have never asked Sundin to waive the no trade. They were offered something they wanted more than Sundin and were ready to get rid of him. To me, that shows they don't have much loyalty.

#57 Turkey

Turkey

NI!

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

This really does not surprise me. Sundin is known for his character and I'm pleased to see him sticking with what he thinks is right and not succumbing to the pressure that was surely being put on him. He'll fight it out with the Leafs to the end of his career and that's just how it should be.
We shall say 'ni' to you again if you do not appease us!

#58 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

i'm glad he's staying because of if he waived it and we got him, I don't feel as though itd' be the mats sundin anyone knows. I think his heart just wouldn't be there playing for a different team and therefore would make him considerably less effective.

#59 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

Something tells me that the Leafs had a deal wrapped up with a team that Sundin just would not play for ( cough, cough Ducks?). Yeah, if I was a fan of the Leafs I might have been a little ticked off if it could help their future, but I think Sundin is being true to his team and himself. Respect him for that.

#60 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yay. Now the Wings won't overpay to get him. The only bad thing that comes out of this is the price for Hossa just went up hugely.

Watch now as Sundin is villianized in Toronto for not waiving it. The next Leafs home game should be... interesting, to say the least.