• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
homertime

Bitter Canuck fans

Rate this topic

Congratulations on your team being able to “slaughter” a team with 4 of 6 defencemen injured and a minor league goalie. You are the type of fan that hockey doesnt need the type that thinks someone should beat up someone else just for wearing an opposing teams jersey. You are pathetic.

Posted by Cole from Michigan on 02/25 at 03:56 PM Trini -- Thanks! But I must ask: is there such thing as an unhealthy Canucks obsession? I think we can leave the mental health worries to those lunatics who dare wear the Wings jerseys on the streets of Vancouver before a HNIC matchup.

As for the blue hair… that sounds like a dare. Hmmmm. Anyone wanna make a 2008 hockey bet? It’s been a while since I’ve done something truly stupid…

Cole -- I empathize with the Wings.Vancouver was missing most of its top-4 D through long stretches of this season, too.

But that’s not the point. The point is I was just joking and you’re taking it way too seriously. So don’t whine to me about “pathetic”.

Get a grip on yourself, man—your team has 89 points and still 18 games to go. Doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy beating them the ONE time it happens all year long.

Good grief.

Posted by Alanah from British Columbia on 02/25 at 04:04 PM You arnt “pathetic” because of the slaughter comment. You are pathetic because you said “Well, it was actually just their jerseys on a couple of random white guys apparently out looking for a beat-down… but still… *shudder*.”

That type of thinking is pathetic.

Posted by Cole from Michigan on 02/25 at 04:43 PM Holy, Cole. Chill. After all, you are reading a little blog called ‘Canucks and Beyond’. What do you expect? Her to cheer for the wings?

Posted by Laker from BC on 02/25 at 04:52 PM I have yet to find myself relating to any hockey/wings fan that thinks that someone in an opposing teams jersey is asking for a beat down you sound just like the leafs fans that pushed around and verbally assulted an 8 year old for wearing an opposing teams jersey.

Posted by Cole from Michigan on 02/25 at 04:57 PM Wowsa, tough crowd here. And just HOW many people have been ragging on the Canucks over the last few weeks (even their OWN fans) geez. Give us a break.

Posted by Rebecca from Vancouver on 02/25 at 05:04 PM I’ll give you a break when you stop acting like retards, Eh! Freakin canadians

Posted by Cole from Michigan on 02/25 at 05:09 PM and re:

You are pathetic because you said “Well, it was actually just their jerseys on a couple of random white guys apparently out looking for a beat-down… but still… *shudder*.”

In Vancouver I’ve seen some pretty scared folks wearing Red Wings jerseys say… after the Lidstrom shot ‘heard round the league’. I think Alanah was just alluding to the fact that this is one hockey-crazy town and we’re pretty happy our team was able to defeat the Wings especially since we’re coming off a slump ourselves.

Posted by Rebecca from Vancouver on 02/25 at 05:10 PM I’m willing to guess that Cole is an University of Michigan fan, thats how they all act. Unfortunately many of them are also Red Wing fans. Just ignore them. Keep up the good work Alanah.

Posted by Sp4r7an on 02/25 at 05:40 PM Cole,

We have online pharmacy’s here in Canada that are well equipped to supply you with all the Prozac you need. They are perfectly willing to ship across the line at deeply discounted rates vs. your local pharmacy. Please, do take advantage of it.

Alanah, please, no more attempts at humor. It brings out the weirdo’s. I think this one might be armed.

Posted by Laker from BC on 02/25 at 05:55 PM

It is a little bitter on both sides

Funny, but the title of your thread is "Bitter Canuk fans".

You are the definition of bitter, get over the fact that the Wings organization is far superior to the sorry Nucks.

I fail to see what's the big fuss about this? If you look around hard enough this kind of things happen everyday here about the goalies alone

Edited by Yemack

You are right but a title of "bitter canucks fans" gets more attention than "bitter hockey fans".

I understand. You seem like a decent person. I'm just a little tired of the attacks against the Canucks and their fans here. We're all fans and none of us hold the high road over the other, generally speaking.

I understand. You seem like a decent person. I'm just a little tired of the attacks against the Canucks and their fans here. We're all fans and none of us hold the high road over the other, generally speaking.

You should see how we talk about Blues fans. :P

I don't have a problem with Canucks fans... in fact, the only fans I really have a problem with are the fans of the other Central Division teams. It's one thing to not like the Wings, but some of the stuff these people say, namely Blackhawks and Blues fans, is just pathetic.

Edited by Kp-Wings

You should see how we talk about Blues fans. :P

I don't have a problem with Canucks fans... in fact, the only fans I really have a problem with are the fans of the other Central Division teams. It's one thing to not like the Wings, but some of the stuff these people say, namely Blackhawks and Blues fans, is just pathetic.

I had a vendor who is a blues fan tell me that because the Blues made the playoffs all those consecutive years, that made them the most successful team for the past quarter century. That didn't even deserve a response.

I had a vendor who is a blues fan tell me that because the Blues made the playoffs all those consecutive years, that made them the most successful team for the past quarter century. That didn't even deserve a response.

Exactly what I'm talking about. They made the playoffs 25 straight seasons, yet couldn't win a single Stanley Cup. Yet, in their minds, greatness has still been achieved. :rolleyes:

I hate those people so much. They are just the most clueless, idiotic, jealous fans I've ever seen.

Sorry I honestly didnt realize that there has been alot of Canuck bashing on this site. I wasnt trying to upset anyone.

Sorry I honestly didnt realize that there has been alot of Canuck bashing on this site. I wasnt trying to upset anyone.

Oh overall, there probably wasn't. I just got into it with some people on the Saturday GDT and feel there were some unnecessary comments made.

I apologize for barging in here and being a bit of a dick to you. Hope we can be friends.

Edited by One of the Few

Oh overall, there probably wasn't. I just got into it with some people on the Saturday GDT and feel there were some unnecessary comments made.

I apologize for barging in here and being a bit of a dick to you. Hope we can be friends.

Yeah, all I ever read in the GDT is the first post to find out lineups etc. the rest of it is just too long and too much of the same thing. So I didnt see any of the bashing.

Of course we can be friends but I dont want to kiss and make-up ok.

edit for grammar

Edited by homertime