• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Flyers acquire Prospal from Tampa

Rate this topic

ok NOW if someone can prove me wrong? haha

I really couldnt say, you'd think they couldve gotten more but then again, i dont know anything about Picard other than he does have alot of points for a defenseman (granted, its for the Phantoms...) and is only 22 i think.

You know, I was tossing it around in my head that the reason no big trades had been made yet was because GMs were really standing firm on not throwing their futures away for a rental.

You know, all those Hudler, Sammy, and a 1st rumors might have some credence now..

We can only hope...

Prospal would have been a nice addition and the price is great, however the Wings would have had to give up a first round pick for the same deal. It kind of makes me wonder if we're going to look at a second tier play like Feds or Lapointe, or if we are really working on Hossa. As far as the D goes I think it will be Stuart or Blake if he decides he wants to come here. It seems that the prices are within reason.

Prospal would have been a nice addition and the price is great, however the Wings would have had to give up a first round pick for the same deal. It kind of makes me wonder if we're going to look at a second tier play like Feds or Lapointe, or if we are really working on Hossa. As far as the D goes I think it will be Stuart or Blake if he decides he wants to come here. It seems that the prices are within reason.

How do you figure they wouldnt had to give up a 2nd? Philly isnt out of the playoffs. Theyll have a 15 and up pick...Thats not much different than what the Wings might end up with. The draft is determined by your playoff performance now, not your final regular season seed..

EDIT: Turns out the pick is conditional, a 2nd at most, probably a 3rd if he doesnt re-sign. Detroit couldve had this deal. Makes me wonder if we've got something bigger in the works..

Edited by YoungGuns1340

This is what upsets me, it seems Prospal was one of the few players on the cheap. Philly got him for next to nothing, which is what we shoulda did.

I am rarely dissapointed in kenny, but Ottawa and Phillys trades make me dissapointed in him.

I think Cammaleri and Staios should be our targets now.

I fear we aren't getting the forward we need....

I think the GMs around the league recognize that Prospal plays with St. Louis and Lecavalier, and therefore has inflated stats. He can finish with those guys setting him up, but so could any number of wings that we are consistently calling to be trading. Clearly TB didn't get much offered for Prospal, because GMs know what he is and is not capable of doing. Frankly, he's not an impact player. He adds no size up front and isn't physical. Detroit needs guys who can score 5 on 5 and who can grind to make plays. Prospal is just like many of the players we already have, so I don't think we should lament seeing him traded elsewhere.

That being said, not a bad trade by the Flyers. They need to shake things up more than Detroit right now!

This is what upsets me, it seems Prospal was one of the few players on the cheap. Philly got him for next to nothing, which is what we shoulda did.

I am rarely dissapointed in kenny, but Ottawa and Phillys trades make me dissapointed in him.

Right, be mad at Holland because he is one of the 28 GM's that hasn't made a trade today. Good call.

I'm hoping it means Kenny's pushing hard for at least one big name.

...coughHeWhoShallNotBeNamedcough...

Plenty of time left bud, dont lose it so soon.

Plenty of time left bud, dont lose it so soon.

Right, be mad at Holland because he is one of the 28 GM's that hasn't made a trade today. Good call.

I am not mad, I am disapointed he hasn't made a great cheap move like Philly did.

You know what, I don't care what you think. You do nothing but complain about what I post, and you never get what I am saying. I have no interest in trying to comunicate with you.

I am not trying to be confrontational or anything, but I ignore you on a daily basis for talking down to me.

I am sooooooo sorry about thinking that getting Prospal for a prospect and a second rounder would have been a great move for Holland to make. I should have known not to dare to have an opinion on a message board.

I can understand the frustration in not getting Prospal at what seems to be a steal. But we need to have some patience with Kenny. We will be okay. We all have opinions but there are way to many people who get agitated and such when Kenny is in an apparent state of stasis.

DETROIT DOES NOT TRADE WITH CAROLINA.

You cant get mad at Holland for not making a trade that he can't make. Illitch and Karmanos hate each other, and therefore dont trade with each other.

Not to mention, how is it do you think that Holland could make that same trade. Its not like we can just substitute any two random players for Corvo and Eaves and have it make sense for Carolina.

General managing 101 people!

Cant we all just get along!

Cmon guys I know we are all getting antsy about the deadline

But lets just wait till Holland does a move and we all have these on our faces :)

And if he doesn't.........................................................................

SCREW U ALL!!!

I am not mad, I am disapointed he hasn't made a great cheap move like Philly did.

You know what, I don't care what you think. You do nothing but complain about what I post, and you never get what I am saying. I have no interest in trying to comunicate with you.

I am not trying to be confrontational or anything, but I ignore you on a daily basis for talking down to me.

I am sooooooo sorry about thinking that getting Prospal for a prospect and a second rounder would have been a great move for Holland to make. I should have known not to dare to have an opinion on a message board.

Maybe he needs that to make a bigger deal for Hossa who has agreed to sign a 7-year extension with us at $1.1 million plus a box of Wheaties per year. You don't know. You don't know what Tampa wanted/needed. Kenny's not stupid despite what so many seem to believe. If it weren't for the "so many" spoken of, maybe people would be more tolerant of your disappointment of the matter as the disappointment of everyone else. It gets old. Fast. And it's a message board. Who cares?