• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

The Official "Pierre McGuire's a Jerk" Thread.

Rate this topic

Listening to TSN's trade deadline coverage.

Just thought I'd like to outline some of McGuire's anti-Wings comments:

- "If there was any team that NEEDED Mats Sundin, it was Detroit. They're in BIG TROUBLE right now"

- " Mark my words, in 2009, Detroit will sign Ryan Miller. They need a goalie in a big way. And Jimmy Howard's NOT the answer"

- plus, everyone submitted a list of their top 5 Stanley Cup favourites. Detroit was on every list except McGuire's.

I'll update this thread as we go.

edit: can someone please change the spelling on this thread.

Edited by rick zombo

you have to be a huge homer to think those comments are completely false. i think they have alot of truth to them.

in the end, i dont like pierre mcguire. but everyone seems to ignore the facts because of his stupid delivery of his comments. pierre mcguire is a smart hockey mind, and usually has good things to say.

p.s. comments like "DOUBLE DION" made it hard for me to say that

Edited by 34Legace34

I can't stand him.

It's not like some of the things he says aren't legit. For some reason he does come off as extremely biased against the Wings, no matter who they're playing. The other team takes a penalty and it's a soft call. The Wings take a penalty and it's a great example of the league's zero tolerance on hooking and obstruction. Eddie Olczyk even ends up correcting some of Mcguire's comments about the Wings because he overstates them.

you have to be a huge homer to think those comments are completely false. i think they have alot of truth to them.

in the end, i dont like pierre mcguire. but everyone seems to ignore the facts because of his stupid delivery of his comments. pierre mcguire is a smart hockey mind, and usually has good things to say.

How the hell does McGuire know that Howard's "not the answer"?

Answer me this. And call me a homer.

I have to agree. I think McGuire is being harsh when he says the Wings are in 'Big Trouble' but I'm not convinced that Howard is the answer or that we don't need secondary scoring.

But I'm hard pressed not to agree that McGuire isn't a dick. I hate the way he yells into the microphone, I hate his stupid "MONSTER!" comments and I think he has an unhealthy crush on Phaneuf.

And I hear he smells.

And I hear he smells.

Yep, like Fromunda Cheese. :)

No doubt about it.... he's a talking penis, but he does have some legit points. I don't see Hossa coming to Detroit, and I'm not sure anyone else out there can solve the scoring issues that continue to plague us. Face it, yes, our D is young and inexperienced as they hit the ice today, but they aren't the ones causing us to lose 1-0. If you can't score, you can't win... even in today's Nu-NHL.

Dallas looks to be my new favorite in the West... though Anaheim is a close second. The Detroit of February 2008 is in shambles and are, in talking-penis' words, "in alot of trouble". Frick.

How bout we make this the official "Pierre McGuire is RIGHT" Thread

I dont know how he could make that comment about Howard...although I sure as hell wouldnt mind Miller here...but lets take a look at the facts.

Dallas needed scoring - BRAD RICHARDS

Anaheim needed scoring - TEEMU SELANNE

San Jose needed a #1 PP QB - BRIAN CAMPBELL

Not only did ALL of your biggest competitors bulk up, but they did it in a BIG WAY.

The only way the Wings could keep pace with these folks is MARIAN HOSSA

And seeing as how thats pretty much not going to happen, then yes.

McGuire is right. The Wings are in trouble.

its true...he didnt need to say that Howard WASNT the answer, i think he just got all excited about making a Ryan Miller comment. Either way, annoying as he is, hes not a complete idiot like some of the guys on these networks making dumb comments

its true...he didnt need to say that Howard WASNT the answer, i think he just got all excited about making a Ryan Miller comment. Either way, annoying as he is, hes not a complete idiot like some of the guys on these networks making dumb comments

Glen Healy gets my vote for dumbest hockey commentator. I hate that guy.

Listening to TSN's trade deadline coverage.

Just thought I'd like to outline some of McGuire's anti-Wings comments:

- "If there was any team that NEEDED Mats Sundin, it was Detroit. They're in BIG TROUBLE right now"

- " Mark my words, in 2009, Detroit will sign Ryan Miller. They need a goalie in a big way. And Jimmy Howard's NOT the answer"

- plus, everyone submitted a list of their top 5 Stanley Cup favourites. Detroit was on every list except McGuire's.

I'll update this thread as we go.

edit: can someone please change the spelling on this thread.

Pierre Maguire is a dick, but I see nothing terribly wrong with what he said -- aside from the Howard comment, but even that has some merit.

If the Wings don't make a move, they are in trouble. And as far as his Cup favorites...the last time this team went all the way was '02. Completely different league, completely different Wings team. Thus far, the post-Yzerman Wings have 0 Cups and a string of big disappointments to their name.

So becasue he said something truthful about the wings he is a dick?

Even though he is correct.

<_<

No. A lot of commentators have insightful comments about the Wings that are less than flattering.

With McGuire though, it's constant and often overblown. My main problem is having to listen to him during games. That's when he's falling all over himself to praise other teams and rarely finds anything positive to say about Detroit. Like I said, the last game I watched Eddie actually challenged him on a couple of the more ridiculous comments he made and sort of corrected him.

Has anyone else noticed that when they do the segments with Pierre and Dutchyshen standing away from the rest of them, it looks like they are split seconds away from making out? You could cut the sexual tension with a butter knife.

No. A lot of commentators have insightful comments about the Wings that are less than flattering.

With McGuire though, it's constant and often overblown. My main problem is having to listen to him during games. That's when he's falling all over himself to praise other teams and rarely finds anything positive to say about Detroit. Like I said, the last game I watched Eddie actually challenged him on a couple of the more ridiculous comments he made and sort of corrected him.

Ya, the Dallas game way ridiculous. But did you watch the game against the Kings in late December or early January (I can't remember). Wasn't he all about the Wings during that broadcast??

I question this "good hockey mind" that people are talking about. My 10 year old brother also said that the Wings were a great team when they were constantly winning, and now that they are on a losing streak, he says that they suck. Isn't that exactly what McGuire does. When we start winning again, he will be right back on the Zetterberg, Dats, Homer, Lidstrom, Rafalski, Hasek/Osgood, Babcock, Holland etc etc etc bandwagon.

I disagree. Sure he gets carried away sometimes, but just cause a guy says the Wings are in trouble doesn't mean he is a dick. He has a lot of valid points.

He is better then Glen Healy, thats for sure.