• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NHLrules?

What happened, Holland? Cap space for what?

Rate this topic

...same s*** is gonna happen on draft day and then on July 1st! This guy has to go, I am officially handing in my Red Wings card, this team is doomed as long as Holland is in charge...

the name on the front of a jersey is more important than the one on the back. or in this case, the name on the GM door.

until you realize this, you will 'hand in your Red Wings card' every few days or so.

get over it, he know's what he's doing.

...he brought us ZERO stanley cups. Those cup winning teams were built by Bryan Murray and Scotty Bowman. Holland has done NOTHING of significance for this team, besides let UFA"s slip through his fingers and watch as other teams give up virtually nothing for something he says we need!!! All cause he is in love with Hudler!!!

...even if we do get Hossa, that's not gonna win us a Cup. Holland a buster and he needs to be shown the door!!!

Right. Thats why he is considered one of the best GM's in hockey. Please refrain from being a moron. Its really seeming like letsgowings 90210 in here today. So many drama queens coming out of the woodwork.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
...we trust this guy? He's brought us DISAPPOINTMENT every year!!!

...if he thinks that just landing Hossa will give this team a Cup he's an bigger idiot than I thought! He hasn't even landed Hossa yet!!!!

...Fedorov, Foote, Salei all players we could have gotten EASILY and he lets them go! I know what he's gonna say, "We were'nt prepared to give up what they were asking." BULLs***! If you f*cking think that your team is better off holding on the crap like Hudler and Filuplla and Sammy and whoever else isn't on the first line, then you need to check into a psycho ward, bastard!!!

...EVERY F*CKING YEAR HE DOES THIS TO US!!! We need a top6 scorer we need a big defensman, we need this, we need that!!! What do you we get? DARREN F*CKING MCCARTY!!!!!! F*CK YOU!

...this team will end up in the 3rd seed of the playoffs and lose in the first round!!! When the F*CK are we gonna stop believing that this guy is a good GM!?!?!?

...same s*** is gonna happen on draft day and then on July 1st! This guy has to go, I am officially handing in my Red Wings card, this team is doomed as long as Holland is in charge...

...Avs will make the playoffs, prolly play us in the first round and whoop the s*** out of us!

...Feds to Caps? You f*cking think Ovechkin is a scoring machine now? Wait till he has Fedorov setting him up?!?!

Holland is an idiot!

Let's just take a breath already. And then let's have the following comments you made stricken from the record as they are inflammatory and baseless and shouldn't be used against Ken Holland.

1. Foote had a no trade clause and it was said he'd only waive it to go to Colorado. Much like Forsberg, he wanted no part of being a Detroit Red Wing. Also, there's the possibility Columbus did not want to deal in division.

2. Fedorov, again the possibility that Columbus did not want to deal in division. Of the trades that were made thus far, how many were made by teams in the same division? Do your homework first next time.

The only other name you mentioned was Salei. Maybe he was on our radar, maybe not.

Yes, we need a top 6 scorer and we need a big, rugged defenseman. Have you noticed who got moved thus far?

Removing Foote and Feds from the equation let's see how many top 6 forwards and big, rugged dmen got moved.

Rob Davison? He could never play in our system, he's not good enough.

Brad Richards? He would've cost us Howard, Filpulla and another player.

Wade Belak? Guy would never see playoff time. He'd be another Brad Norton.

Bryce Salvador? Again, inter division rival not likely to deal direct with Wings.

Probably the only decent names Holland missed out on were:

Vaclav Prospal and Jim Vandermeer. And Vandy is borderline anyway. I think he could play the 6th role in Detroit and provide toughness but that might be wishful thinking.

At the height of our success, when we were running away with the league there were a few of us that said the Wings were not good enough. That we needed to be bigger and tougher or we'd faulter in the playoffs. Well, other teams are addressing needs and the Wings haven't done much.

But.....

If you really look at the players who moved, there isn't much out there that Holland could've wanted or even gotten. So please don't bring up Fedorov and Foote. Hell, the Jets just let Johnathan Vilma have permission to seek a trade to any team in the league EXCEPT....the Patriots. There's a reason you don't deal within your own division.

Anyway, some of us new where this team was even when we only had 11 losses. So you aren't going to find me screaming and hollering and crying because we don't make moves. Why? Because Ken Holland, if you've followed his career, doesn't like to throw away alot of assets on rental players nor does he like to overpay. All that s*** stopped a couple years ago and that philosophy was solidified under the cap era.

I applaud Ken Holland for not picking up useless players. I don't slam him because he didn't get players he had little hope of getting in the first place (Fedorov, Foote).

I applaud him for putting out a competitive team every year without mortgaging the future.

I knew we'd have trouble in the playoffs from day 1. When everyone gets healthy we will have a good shot.

I wish we could nab Hossa or Stuart or some others and that'd really make me feel like we've got a shot. But at this point, I don't know what the asking price is for those players. And giving up too many roster ready players for 1 big name is not an improvement, many times its a lateral move at best.

To be honest, there was only 1 thing I wanted to see Holland accomplish today and that was to get rid of Jiri Hudler.

For every Shanahan and Hull, we get Lang, Bertuzzi, Calder, ect. He's kind of 50-50

I'm thinking the reason Hossa hasn't been traded yet is that Kenny is in on that deal, and Stuart as well. we'll see.

trade in your wings card, dude.. I would prefer that ignorant SOB's go follow a different team.. Hey, I have an idea.. Why dont you buy a card for whoever wins the cup every year? That way you have nothing to ***** about..

good riddance

...he brought us ZERO stanley cups. Those cup winning teams were built by Bryan Murray and Scotty Bowman. Holland has done NOTHING of significance for this team, besides let UFA"s slip through his fingers and watch as other teams give up virtually nothing for something he says we need!!! All cause he is in love with Hudler!!!

...even if we do get Hossa, that's not gonna win us a Cup. Holland a buster and he needs to be shown the door!!!

Please explain how Fedorov was going to bring us a Cup and Hossa is not. This should be interesting.

...if he thinks that just landing Hossa will give this team a Cup he's an bigger idiot than I thought! He hasn't even landed Hossa yet!!!!

...Fedorov, Foote, Salei all players we could have gotten EASILY and he lets them go! I know what he's gonna say, "We were'nt prepared to give up what they were asking." BULLs***! If you f*cking think that your team is better off holding on the crap like Hudler and Filuplla and Sammy and whoever else isn't on the first line, then you need to check into a psycho ward, bastard!!!

...EVERY F*CKING YEAR HE DOES THIS TO US!!! We need a top6 scorer we need a big defensman, we need this, we need that!!! What do you we get? DARREN F*CKING MCCARTY!!!!!! F*CK YOU!

...this team will end up in the 3rd seed of the playoffs and lose in the first round!!! When the F*CK are we gonna stop believing that this guy is a good GM!?!?!?

...Avs will make the playoffs, prolly play us in the first round and whoop the s*** out of us!

...Feds to Caps? You f*cking think Ovechkin is a scoring machine now? Wait till he has Fedorov setting him up?!?!

Holland is an idiot!

Sounds like somebody needs a nap. Just because certain players are moved for a certain "price" does not mean the price would be the same going elsewhere. Holland is probably the best GM in this league, period.

Take a pill dude.

Epic Failure Of A Topic.

I fully agree, the user who started this topic should have his account baned, or let him post things but only he can see it and nobody else on here has to deal with his B/S. And calme down with the vulgarities.

Every year around this time I am reminded why other fans think we are spoiled little brats as Wings fans. Playoffs every year. Quality players and prospects. Best record in the League.

And people whine because we didn't trade the farm for 'insert flavor-of-the-day name here' right at the deadline. JEBUS!

Holland is an idiot!

LOL! You are a happy guy aren't you. You should be GM. . I'm sure if you were GM you would've f*cked us up at tha @$$ ten times by now so stop complaining and wait.

Don't forget to come back and tell us how rooting for your new team is in 3 years when they suck and the wings are still a powerhouse!!!

BUt don't come back here if the wings win a cup, I would rather you loathe the wings than bandwagon your ass back over here. Don't type s*** unless you mean it!

Sorry to see you go leftwinger but you said it yourself:

same s*** is gonna happen on draft day and then on July 1st! This guy has to go, I am officially handing in my Red Wings card, this team is doomed as long as Holland is in charge...
Edited by Opie

Guest Crymson

My goodness.

He "hasn't even landed Hossa yet"? Wow. What a comment. Hit the road, you.

Want to hand in your Red Wings card? Do us all a favor and make good. Thanks.

Fedorov? Ever consider that the Jackets may not have wanted to trade him within the Central, or that he didn't burn bridges to the nth degree when he left here the last time? I'd have liked to have seen him here for nothing as well----but were that possible, Holland would have pulled it off.

Holland has forgotten more about being a GM than you will ever know. Were he to have thrown out prospects and draft picks like you'd want, we'd not have a team on which more than 50% of the players are people whom we drafted.

For the record, Holland built the teams in '98 and '02.

Please make good on your threat to go and root for another team. Want a good one? Try Fletcher and Toronto.

I move that this thread be pinned for posterity, so that all can see what happens when one becomes utterly spoiled. Holland is not perfect, but he's as close to perfect as GMs come. There are few, if any, who are better, and those who would like to complain about this team would do well to consider if there's any team that has been more successful than the Red Wings over the past decade. The answer? No.

Edited by Crymson

Dear Leftwinger,

Both your gutter language and your ill-founded logic need some serious help. I won't waste my time defending Ken Holland whom most people agree is a great GM.

Does turning in your card mean that we won't have to read your vitriol again?!

My goodness.

He "hasn't even landed Hossa yet"? Wow. What a comment. Hit the road, you.

Want to hand in your Red Wings card? Do us all a favor and make good. Thanks.

Fedorov? Ever consider that the Jackets may not have wanted to trade him within the Central, or that he didn't burn bridges to the nth degree when he left here the last time? I'd have liked to have seen him here for nothing as well----but were that possible, Holland would have pulled it off.

Holland has forgotten more about being a GM than you will ever know. Were he to have thrown out prospects and draft picks like you'd want, we'd not have a team on which more than 50% of the players are people whom we drafted.

For the record, Holland built the teams in '98 and '02.

Please make good on your threat to go and root for another team. Want a good one? Try Fletcher and Toronto.

I move that this thread be pinned for posterity, so that all can see what happens when one becomes utterly spoiled. Holland is not perfect, but he's as close to perfect as GMs come. There are few, if any, who are better, and those who would like to complain about this team would do well to consider if there's any team that has been more successful than the Red Wings over the past decade. The answer? No.

He did not have to do anything for 98'. We had the core already built any GM could of won with that team.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Let's just take a breath already. And then let's have the following comments you made stricken from the record as they are inflammatory and baseless and shouldn't be used against Ken Holland.

1. Foote had a no trade clause and it was said he'd only waive it to go to Colorado. Much like Forsberg, he wanted no part of being a Detroit Red Wing. Also, there's the possibility Columbus did not want to deal in division.

2. Fedorov, again the possibility that Columbus did not want to deal in division. Of the trades that were made thus far, how many were made by teams in the same division? Do your homework first next time.

The only other name you mentioned was Salei. Maybe he was on our radar, maybe not.

Yes, we need a top 6 scorer and we need a big, rugged defenseman. Have you noticed who got moved thus far?

Removing Foote and Feds from the equation let's see how many top 6 forwards and big, rugged dmen got moved.

Rob Davison? He could never play in our system, he's not good enough.

Brad Richards? He would've cost us Howard, Filpulla and another player.

Wade Belak? Guy would never see playoff time. He'd be another Brad Norton.

Bryce Salvador? Again, inter division rival not likely to deal direct with Wings.

Probably the only decent names Holland missed out on were:

Vaclav Prospal and Jim Vandermeer. And Vandy is borderline anyway. I think he could play the 6th role in Detroit and provide toughness but that might be wishful thinking.

At the height of our success, when we were running away with the league there were a few of us that said the Wings were not good enough. That we needed to be bigger and tougher or we'd faulter in the playoffs. Well, other teams are addressing needs and the Wings haven't done much.

But.....

If you really look at the players who moved, there isn't much out there that Holland could've wanted or even gotten. So please don't bring up Fedorov and Foote. Hell, the Jets just let Johnathan Vilma have permission to seek a trade to any team in the league EXCEPT....the Patriots. There's a reason you don't deal within your own division.

Anyway, some of us new where this team was even when we only had 11 losses. So you aren't going to find me screaming and hollering and crying because we don't make moves. Why? Because Ken Holland, if you've followed his career, doesn't like to throw away alot of assets on rental players nor does he like to overpay. All that s*** stopped a couple years ago and that philosophy was solidified under the cap era.

I applaud Ken Holland for not picking up useless players. I don't slam him because he didn't get players he had little hope of getting in the first place (Fedorov, Foote).

I applaud him for putting out a competitive team every year without mortgaging the future.

I knew we'd have trouble in the playoffs from day 1. When everyone gets healthy we will have a good shot.

I wish we could nab Hossa or Stuart or some others and that'd really make me feel like we've got a shot. But at this point, I don't know what the asking price is for those players. And giving up too many roster ready players for 1 big name is not an improvement, many times its a lateral move at best.

To be honest, there was only 1 thing I wanted to see Holland accomplish today and that was to get rid of Jiri Hudler.

Excellent post man! :thumbup: