• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFan19

Red Wings acquire D Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

WELCOME TO THE TEAM, STUART!

I don't get why no one is mentioning this on TSN or any other site?

That is because he didn't pan out in recent years so he isn't a big name anymore.

He will be again, he fits the system and has talent. Thusly he will play better for us then anyone else.

Anaheim

neider - prongger

schneider - beauchemin

Doesn't matter only on Defense

I mean whole team in general

Anaheim, Dallas, Colorado and SanJose all got Better Detroit has Samuealson and Hudler, Lilja Lebda and u think they r gonna compete for the prize

That's the worst reasoning I ever heard.

You listed our worst players and compared them to their best.

I guess we don't have Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Nick Lidstrom, Dominik Hasek, Chris Osgood, Brian Rafalski, Chris Chelios, Dan Cleary, Valtteri Filppula, Brad Stuart, or Tomas Holmstrom. Just a bunch of craptacular losers.

You don't need to put red-colored glasses on. You just need to put your eyes in your head.

You don't have to wait - I'll do it for you right now. "At the end of the day there was nothing out there that made sense to us. Plus, with Cleary coming back before the playoffs, we felt that was equivalent to adding a player at the deadline. I like our chances going forward..."

"...and we did pick up Stuart plus remember McCarty has playoff experience."

Wow, Crymson and members like you, looks like more and more, folks are just as mad as me! Should they all be banned? What do you say Opie? Should they? That would make for a great forum!

I can see it now:

Homer #1: 'Cool, Red Wings Rock Dude!"

Homer #2: "Holland is God"

Homer #1: "Hudler is the second coming"

Homer #3: "Aren't the Wings the bomb dude?"

Homer #2: "Like totally"

...that would be fun to read!

Anadeim added selanne and Neidermayer

San Jose added Campbell

Colorado Forsberg and Foote

Then the big Detroit Move Stuart

Good Job Holland Samuelsson and Hudler will carry our Second Line

That's the worst reasoning I ever heard.

You listed our worst players and compared them to their best.

I guess we don't have Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Nick Lidstrom, Dominik Hasek, Chris Osgood, Brian Rafalski, Chris Chelios, Dan Cleary, Valtteri Filppula, Brad Stuart, or Tomas Holmstrom. Just a bunch of craptacular losers.

You don't need to put red-colored glasses on. You just need to put your eyes in your head.

What

Guys, we need to make room on the bandwagon. Everyone who jumped off the last couple hours will be trying to get back on.

do we have to let um on they can go to pittsburgh or anehiem

Jesus Christ - When did Wings fans become such whiny *******? THE SKY IS FALLING EVERYONE!!!!

Don't ******* forget that this team is the closest you can get to unbeatable when healthy, which they're expected to be for the playoffs. On top of that, they improved on defense. My money's still on the Wings come playoff time.

Kronner has to get moved up to the first Dline with Lids and Ralf the second with Stuart. Kronner and Stuart together scares me. They are too young to not have a vet looking out for them.

Stuart has the same amount of experience as Rafalski FYI.

Anaheim

neider - prongger

schneider - beauchemin

Doesn't matter only on Defense

I mean whole team in general

Anaheim, Dallas, Colorado and SanJose all got Better Detroit has Samuealson and Hudler, Lilja Lebda and u think they r gonna compete for the prize

Anaheim is a close 2nd, but not better break it down one by one

Lidstrom > Niedermayer

Rafalski > Schneider

Lilja < Pronger

Kronwall < Beauchemin

Stuart > O'Donnell

Chelious > Bergeron

thats 4 to 2... simple math - oh and reserves - Ledba > Huskins

you're so hung up on 4 guys, thats all you know how to say, Lilja will now drop to a number 5, making him more effective in his role, Sammy will never be what we need him to be - agreed there, Hudler is a 4th liner playing on a 2nd line and Lebda is a number 7

Guess what, those 4 are a SMALL part of the team

Detroit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anaheim

period.

Stuart's an upgrade on Lilja or Lebda, and as long as we've got most of our D back for the playoffs, we're fairly solid. Not the best in the league, but we didn't have the advantage of cheating the cap by having our two best players take half the year off, either.

After seeing how much Hossa went for, there's a damn good reason Kenny didn't go after him harder. As for all of you crying that he's a failure, I'd love to see any of you do a better job. That also doesn't mean I think Kenny's some genius either, but at least he doesn't trade our whole third line away for a rental we'd have NO chance of re-signing.

Assuming they're healthy (or at least mostly healthy) when the playoffs start, I think they can make the final four again, at which point they'll likely be beaten by the Michelin Man and his mighty goon squad, but as I said before, we don't have the cap-cheating advantage that the Ducks did. Burke's crafty, even if he cries too ******* much. That said, you have to actually play the games. I'll repeat that for those of you that don't seem to understand it: you have to actually play the games. You wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass! They are who we thought they were.

Anadeim added selanne and Neidermayer

San Jose added Campbell

Colorado Forsberg and Foote

Then the big Detroit Move Stuart

Good Job Holland Samuelsson and Hudler will carry our Second Line

Selanne and Neidermayer were gonna be on the Ducks from the beginning of the season.

San Jose barely had a defense to start with

Forsberg...who even knows if he can play anymore. Foote is just not that great anymore

Stuart fills the role of a 4th D-man that we've been needing all year.

Now, I'm as disappointed as you are that we didn't add any secondary scoring, but Holland did fill a needed hole. The only thing we can hope for is that our slumping secondary scoring comes out of its mass slump sometime soon.

Edited by al48

"...and we did pick up Stuart plus remember McCarty has playoff experience."

Wow, Crymson and members like you, looks like more and more, folks are just as mad as me! Should they all be banned? What do you say Opie? Should they? That would make for a great forum!

I can see it now:

Homer #1: 'Cool, Red Wings Rock Dude!"

Homer #2: "Holland is God"

Homer #1: "Hudler is the second coming"

Homer #3: "Aren't the Wings the bomb dude?"

Homer #2: "Like totally"

...that would be fun to read!

The names you mentioned are the ones who got me banned for a long ass time over the summer because I was one of the "we need a tough guy, and then sign Downey" people. Needless to say they did not agree, and post after post I proved my point with raw stats, and what not. Eventually I try to log in and was banned, then the day I became unbanned, before I even got a chance to post they did it again. They are definitely fickle about their censorship of opinion here, thats why I just try to steer clear.

Not before but they r now

Just being honest

OK, so if they are "as good" as the Wings now, how does that equate to this:

Seriously there is no way Detroit can compete with Colorado, Dallas SanJose and Anaheim

Just being honest No Ppoint in even renewing playoff tickets Just look forward to next year

"No way we can compete"??? Even if those teams are now "just as good" as the Wings are (which they are not), you have to admit you've gone WAY overboard in your pessimism.

It would've been a better trade if we'd given up a 2nd, a 4th and Samuelsson for Stuart.

But....OklahomaWingNut on Abel to Yzerman made a good point.

Stuart might play the point on the 2nd PP unit; which will hopefully get sammy off it. So at least there's that. At least he put up pretty good fantasy numbers a couple years ago running SJ's PP for a bit (as I recall).

And who won the Stanley Cup last year? And who did they beat to get to the Finals? Oh, that's right... :thumbdown:

yea, missing Kronwall and Schneider - those guys are healthy and you replay the scenario and you have a different cup winner my friend.

defensive depth just added that. oh yea, and a guy named Rafalski...