• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFan19

Red Wings acquire D Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

It's hilarious how once we all hoped on the Feds wagon, he's shipped to Washington :lol:

People should stop crying over Fedorov... he might have helped us with all the injuries BUT the fact that Brian Burke shipped him out of Anaheim a few years ago should tell you all you need to know about where his career has been heading.

“I talked to his agent a lot this summer when he was a free agent,†Holland said. “In the end, he’s married to a girl from California and he ended up signing a one-year deal with LA. So he’s been someone that we’ve liked.â€

For all those people who keep saying "why didn't Holland sign Stuart as a FA?" - this is your answer! Obviously we wanted to sign him but he had personal reasons why he signed with the Kings.

I already did. Look at post 154:

heralded player in the same sense Griogenko (sp?) was? I mean I understand the guy can play the game, I just dp not see any way people can argue that this was a good day for the wings. He is a role player, I mean if we wanted the physical d-man who could move the puck why the heck didn't we sign Markov with the extra money we DIDN't spend today.

It doesn't matter which one you match up with the other it is a split Lidstrom is better then both Pronger and Neidermier, and both Neidermier and Pronger are better then Lilja. Chew on that, you poor thing.

What's your point? Rafalski and Lidstrom are better than any of Anaheim's third pairing defenseman too.

I'm not saying top four overall, I'm saying he's a defenseman that can play in pretty much any team's top four group of defensemen.

oh yea, that I agree with. Thought you meant top 4 in the league....heh.

heralded player in the same sense Griogenko (sp?) was? I mean I understand the guy can play the game, I just dp not see any way people can argue that this was a good day for the wings. He is a role player, I mean if we wanted the physical d-man who could move the puck why the heck didn't we sign Markov with the extra money we DIDN't spend today.

No, because Stuart is an established NHL player.

Markov couldn't have been signed because he would've had to have passed through waivers.

You probably wouldn't have considered this a good day unless Holland acquired Hossa, Campbell, and Yzerman.

People can argue because they´re smart and know the game on this board. You, on the other hand, come off as more and more of a ****** bag with each post you make.

As for Markov not signing, he wanted a MULTI YEAR CONTRACT, something that Holland wasn´t wiling to give. He also wanted more than he was worth. Why do you think 29 other teams passed on Markov too?

What's your point? Rafalski and Lidstrom are better than any of Anaheim's third pairing defenseman too.

In head to head comparisons as Krause was doing he had Lidstrom > Neidermier and Pronger > Lilja. Which I agree with . When I re did the comparisons is switched Neidermier and Pronger by accident, but it didn' t make a inkling of difference in the final tally USING THAT COMPARISON METHOD.

Edited by sticknmove

People can argue because they´re smart and know the game on this board. You, on the other hand, come off as more and more of a ****** bag with each post you make.

As for Markov not signing, he wanted a MULTI YEAR CONTRACT, something that Holland wasn´t wiling to give. He also wanted more than he was worth. Why do you think 29 other teams passed on Markov too?

Know the game? Haha, ya. Like yourself, I take it you "know the game" better then me? I think not you nit. In fact I think it is safe to say I have forgotten more about the game then you will ever know. I remember you, you were one of the anti fighting cry babies lobbying about how much of a waste it would be to bring a fighter in. Yup, that was you.

As for you thinking I am a ****** bag, sweet. Seeing as though I don't particularly like you in the slightest, the fact I am annoying/upsetting you really causes me no worries. Now if it were a member of the forum who I respected, which is about 95% of the members including half the people I am arguing with, who said I was acting in that way I would apologize via pm or just stop. But you're punk a*s, not a chance.

i Hate to bear the Bad News but i just heard that Datsyuk, zetterberg, holmstrom, hasek, franzen, and FLIP FLOP and undisclosed injuries are out for the remainder of the season and Playoffs

i Hate to bear the Bad News but i just heard that Datsyuk, zetterberg, holmstrom, hasek, franzen, and FLIP FLOP and undisclosed injuries are out for the remainder of the season and Playoffs

haha?

STUART?!?!?! THAT'S IT?! I know I'm late to this game, but damn. Not only was he NOT a first choice on defense, it's not even a position that we really NEED someone for. It's nice to know we can have even more backlog on defense while the offense continues to not score.

Brad Stuart, D, Los Angeles: Plays physical and has offensive ability. He'll likely be purely a rental, and will return to Los Angeles, but he can add veteran depth to a team.

From detnews.com

He better not be a damn rental!

I like Stuart and all, but I fail to see how adding to an already pretty stacked defense really changed the equation in the West at all.

As far as I see it, Colorado, Dallas, and Anaheim got more scoring AND even tougher (and they already were physical), wheras Detroit just got a tiny bit deeper on defense and still suffers from lack of scoring and passion.

Hm...I still feel we will win the Cup, but today sure didn't make the trip any easier, did it?

As long as Stuart can break up Anaheim's cycling plays, we'll be in pretty good shape against those three teams.

We added quite nice effort according these stats:

Shot blocking:

Andreas Lilja 91

Brad Stuart 88

Brian Rafalski 64

Nicklas Lidstrom 62

Niklas Kronwall 55

Chris Chelios 41

Brett Lebda 26

Derek Meech 14

Hits:

Andreas Lilja 109

Brad Stuart 82

Niklas Kronwall 67

Chris Chelios 45

Brett Lebda 38

Brian Rafalski 26

Nicklas Lidstrom 22

Derek Meech 14

I really like him.

He better not be a damn rental!

I like Stuart and all, but I fail to see how adding to an already pretty stacked defense really changed the equation in the West at all.

As far as I see it, Colorado, Dallas, and Anaheim got more scoring AND even tougher (and they already were physical), wheras Detroit just got a tiny bit deeper on defense and still suffers from lack of scoring and passion.

Hm...I still feel we will win the Cup, but today sure didn't make the trip any easier, did it?

As long as Stuart can break up Anaheim's cycling plays, we'll be in pretty good shape against those three teams.

If that's the case Holland overpaid IMO...