• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Holland Expected to be on 97.1FM at 5 PM

Rate this topic

...mixd bag of feelings on Fedorov? Aw, Kenny are you still mad he left in 03? Didn't offer him enough? Columbus accepted a low to mid level prospect for him!?!?!? This seals it, Holland is an idiot. So when it comes down to UFA time in July, they can sign him without giving up anything, will that be too much in his mind too?

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson
The Wings could of easily used Ryder or Jokinen....

Montreal was a buyer, not a seller.

Jokinen? PRICE!!!!!!

Guest Crymson
Someone please ask why the hell we didn't at least pick up a Satan or Fedetanko.

Why? Because the Islanders are buying, not selling.

FYI: Satan and Fedotenko are not quite equivalent.

...mied bag of feelings on Fedorov? Aw, Kenny are you still mad he left in 03? Didn't offer him enough? Columbus accepted a low to mid level prospect for him!?!?!? This seals it, Holland is an idiot. So when it comes down to UFA time in July, they can sign him without giving up anything, will that be too much in his mind too?

Didn't you give up your card?

Edited by Crymson

lol, "we can never have enough defensemen." That says it all. Moron

Are you saying that's not true?

Because all I have to do to prove you wrong is point you to the 06-07 playoffs.

What are you so bitter about, anyway? Sure, I would've liked a scorer too but there was no one out there that was really appealing aside from Hossa.

Edited by ARice89

Guest Crymson
You can't say the Wings are playoff favorites

I think everybody besides you and other Wings fans probably disagrees.

...mied bag of feelings on Fedorov? Aw, Kenny are you still mad he left in 03? Didn't offer him enough? Columbus accepted a low to mid level prospect for him!?!?!? This seals it, Holland is an idiot. So when it comes down to UFA time in July, they can sign him without giving up anything, will that be too much in his mind too?

Please see Post #21, some of the players and THE COACH didn't want Fedorov here.

no offense but,

who cares who is the favorites?

the Wings were favorites against the 8th seeded Oilers back in 06.

its so cliche but so true anything really can happen in the playoffs so im not worried if the Ducks are the favorites or if people here want to hand the Cup to sidney crosby right now.

Who cares? Let Anaheim and Dallas have all the pressure. We won the Cup in 1997 and 1998 as 3rd seeds. Out of all the times we finished 1st in the Conference, we've only won the Cup once.

no offense but,

who cares who is the favorites?

the Wings were favorites against the 8th seeded Oilers back in 06.

its so cliche but so true anything really can happen in the playoffs so im not worried if the Ducks are the favorites or if people here want to hand the Cup to sidney crosby right now.

I second that... also what is the obsession with Crosby. Malkin quietly leading the pens and almost the league in points right now. What is up with the hype? He is good, but so many young players get overlooked and Crosbey is already crowned the next Gretzky, who isn’t even close to be…

good. its better like this. i would rather:

1. not be the favourite and win, then be the favourite and lose.

2. not be the favourite and win, then be the favourite and win.

I don't care what the cost is or isn't regarding federov. If the coach and players don't want him here neither do I. I don't have to play on a line with him, they do. I am not sure some people would be so hard on Kenny right now if we didn't have all the injuries and a tough stretch as of late.

Stuart is a solid pick-up. Maybe a little safer than Kenny has been in past years, but we will see.

Why? Because the Islanders are buying, not selling.

Didn't you give up your card?

...which part of that post says that I support Holland and the Wings upper brass still? They are ALL assess! We all know that Fedorov would have helped our secondary scoring, and so did some of them but not everyone was on board with address the secondary scoring? Whomever that was, whether it was Jim Nill, Develllano, Holland or even Gods gift to Homerism Steve Yzerman THEY SHOULD BE FIRED!!! Holland felt they wanted too much for Feds? WTF did Holland offer? So personal feelings outway the better of the team? Holland is an idiot, whoever nixed the deal should be fired...

...get it right Crymson, handing in my card doesn't mean I cannot comment on the idiot and the idiot organization for keeping him around. I am not gonna suck Holland like you and other folks on here. If you can't handle opposing opinions because you refuse to take your goggles off, then YOU stop reading and posting here. I can handle criticism (I'm not sure if I can spell it) LOL! But, anyhow, turning my card in doesn't mean I don't have opinions. Will I cheer for this team, no! Will I support Holland? No! Will I laugh my ass off when they lose in the 1st round, yes! If they go on to the 2nd or further, will I pretend I never handed my card in, NO! I will not re-new my Red Wings membership (support them) until Holland is GONE! And if that is never, then so be it, but I will ALWAYS have an opinion!!! If you can't handle it, then take a hike yourself...

Edited by LeftWinger

...mixd bag of feelings on Fedorov? Aw, Kenny are you still mad he left in 03? Didn't offer him enough? Columbus accepted a low to mid level prospect for him!?!?!? This seals it, Holland is an idiot. So when it comes down to UFA time in July, they can sign him without giving up anything, will that be too much in his mind too?

Actually they offered Feds more money than Anaheim did.... Sergei wanted to be the man, and it wasn't happening in Detroit while Yzerman and Shanahan were around.....

...which part of that post says that I support Holland and the Wings upper brass still? They are ALL assess! We all know that Fedorov would have helped our secondary scoring, and so did some of them but not everyone was on board with address the secondary scoring? Whomever that was, whether it was Jim Nill, Develllano, Holland or even Gods gift to Homerism Steve Yzerman THEY SHOULD BE FIRED!!! Holland felt they wanted too much for Feds? WTF did Holland offer? So personal feelings outway the better of the team? Holland is an idiot, whoever nixed the deal should be fired...

...get it right Crymson, handing in my card doesn't mean I cannot comment on the idiot and the idiot organization for keeping him around. I am not gonna suck Holland like you and other folks on here. If you can't handle opposing opinions because you refuse to take your goggles off, then YOU stop reading and posting here. I can handle criticism (I'm not sure if I can spell it) LOL! But, anyhow, turning my card in doesn't mean I don't have opinions. Will I cheer for this team, no! Will I support Holland? No! Will I laugh my ass off when they lose in the 1st round, yes! If they go on to the 2nd or further, will I pretend I never handed my card in, NO! I will not re-new my Red Wings membership (support them) until Holland is GONE! And if that is never, then so be it, but I will ALWAYS have an opinion!!! If you can't handle it, then take a hike yourself...

FAIRWEATHER FAN"S opinions is like blue on black, they mean nothing!!!

Please see Post #21, some of the players and THE COACH didn't want Fedorov here.

If that's true, sounds like some people value there own feelings over what's best for the team. Which is exactly what alot of posters get accused of around here. (not just with Feds, but on many other topics) So you mean to tell me that Kenny Holland is going to put himself on the line cause some players feelings might get hurt? Also are these the same players welcoming in Mac (which is a move I'm in favor of) with open arms? Seems to be sending a bit of a mixed signal if that's the case. No Fedorov would'nt alone bring the cup, but he sure would help that 2nd line and 2nd PP. I really hope that the Wings haven't become some elitest group who would nix a deal for some help because there feelings were hurt. If that's the case, how the hell did Bertuzzi end up on the Wings? He wasn't exactly a fan or player favorite here in Detroit if i remember correctly. Forsberg would be simply loved here huh? I think the more realistic way of looking at it is Columbus didn't want to trade with the Wings, but hey, that's not as entertaining as a conspiracy full of "No way Kenny, I'M not playing on the same team as him....hmmmmpphhh." If true I'd like these players to step up and state there stance as to why they would turn away desprately needed 2nd line scoring help. Are they intending on picking up the slack? Are they planning on doing it all themselves this year, cause apperently they don't need help if there willing to veto a trade (thought kenny was the g.m.?) and any player that would have a problem would've had to have played with him, and those guys aren't going to be around much longer Lids included so they better win it all soon. Unless Dats hates the thought of another Russian on the team. If true this was a "team" desicion that they are good enough to do it by themselves. If that's the case I better start seeing some stepping up from alot of guys, cause right now this is a one line team. And they better look at who's signing the checks, cause Illich still likes Feds from all accounts, Bowman still likes the guy and speaks highly of him, I can's see Stevie being blinded by emotion and I'm sure Illich would like the g.m. to explain why he's letting players and staff make his decsions for him.

Honestly I didn't give it too much thought (this deadline) and it shook out about the way I thought it would, but not for the reasons posted above. I would've liked to seen some help on forward, but didn't want to part with flip or franzen and knew the others would'nt fetch much of anything. but still with the soap opera bulls*** about the guy even when he has nothing to do with it is silly. Gotta admitt no matter what your stance is, it's pretty odd if this is true that there are still such strong feelings against the guy, while players like Bertuzzi are welcomed. BTW, what a punishment, now he only gets to play with the best player in the game.

...funny thing is, if you listened to Holland's voice he sounded as if he knew he was a screw up today. "You can never have enough defenseman." Moron! "Calgary beat us in 2004 because they were better than us, they beat us 1-0 in both games 5 and 6." Hello? Holland, do you think, "never haveing enough defensemen" addresses that problem? No. Wait we did re-sign McCarty... There's our top 6 player...