• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salviaman

Another early exit is near

Rate this topic

I'm still fairly confident with this roster headed into the playoffs. I'll definitely take the move Holland made over mortgaging the future for a rental like Pittsburgh did.

Sure I'm disappointed that we didn't get some scoring help, but there is a reason this team has done so well when healthy. And I don't get why a lot of people think Hudler was such great trade bait, if barely anybody on this site wants to keep him, why would some other team want him?

IF the Wings are healthy we have a great shot.

What confuses me is that our team dominates for 5 months, we get a good player in Stuart which only makes us better, and now because we have a rough febuary, mainly due to Injuries we will not get past the first round?

WTF!!!!!

It's pathetic isn't it? Last years Wings team was great, but I think this years roster is even better. They are all around better this time around, especially physically. The injuries the Wings have been dealt with is downright ridiculous. Having 4 outta your top 6 D out, and missing the best player on the second line, is gonna do some damage to the team. The second they all start getting healthy everything will be fine.

Those doubting are a bunch of bandwagoners, but the second the Wings start winning again, you better believe they'll be singing a different tune. Sad, but true.

BTW, I'm not saying everyone should be a bunch of homers. *i'm not even like that* it's just horrible when some are calling out the team and saying we are going to lose in the first round when the playoffs haven't even started, and the second they win they act as if they were behind the team the entire time.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

A real fan might have his or her doubts, but would still hope for the best and support the team. You, on the other hand, do your best to convince other people that this team has no chance.

You've lost your mind and you don't know anything about me. I watch every game and root my ass off every night I watch. I don't see where I stated that I don't hope for the best and that I don't support the team. You and the other homers here are acting like watchdogs accussing fans of not rooting for the Wings just because we're unhappy at what went down at the deadline.

I'm going to assume we won't have as many injurys when the playoffs start. (knock on wood)

So, if I were to predict how we are going to do in the playoffs, I would look at a span of games where we had only 1 or 2 injurys, and try to get an idea of how we will do. After doing this I can see that we should do fairly well in the playoffs. :)

This is only my method, what is yours thread starter? Look at the span of games where our top 4 dman are out?

Anaheim is arguably bigger, stronger, and better than last year. Detroit is smaller and softer. If you think the wings are banged up right now, wait until they play a seven game series against the Ducks, Sharks or Flames. Plus, with Z's back situation, it certainly would be nice to have another forward that can bury the puck in the net.

Hmmm we beat the Flames last year and they are about the same. We beat the Sharks and now Brian Campbell is going to suddenly have them kicking our a$$? We damn near almost beat the Ducks - and imo they have lost players since last year. OK they picked up Schneids, but lost MacDonald and Penner.

We played long series vs these teams last year - we banged them up just as much. Let's not chalk up any playoff losses until they actually happen....

You've lost your mind and you don't know anything about me. I watch every game and root my ass off every night I watch. I don't see where I stated that I don't hope for the best and that I don't support the team. You and the other homers here are acting like watchdogs accussing fans of not rooting for the Wings just because we're unhappy at what went down at the deadline.

:clap: Excellent post my friend, superb!

Alright the first test to the credibility to this thread comes tonight

Such bitterness, it sounds like that other thread where someone turned in their fan club card because Fedorov wasn't brought back, and now the Wings are doomed to crash and burn... Brendan Shanahan said once on trade rumors, there was a deal that the Wings didnt make, forgot who it was, but anyways, heres the quote....

SOMETIMES THE BEST TRADES ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE .

Such bitterness, it sounds like that other thread where someone turned in their fan club card because Fedorov wasn't brought back, and now the Wings are doomed to crash and burn... Brendan Shanahan said once on trade rumors, there was a deal that the Wings didnt make, forgot who it was, but anyways, heres the quote....

SOMETIMES THE BEST TRADES ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE .

Bitter? I am definitely not bitter

Guest Crymson
:clap: Excellent post my friend, superb!

Yes. Go go defensively-pessimistic "I won't cheer for the Wings until they win it all---until that point, I'll be convincing myself and everyone else that they'll lose so that I can avoid any chance of being disappointed if that happens" team! Unite!

:thumbdown:

Guest Crymson
Alright the first test to the credibility to this thread comes tonight

The test of the credibility of this thread will come in the first round of the playoffs.. and next year.

Guest Crymson
Hmmm we beat the Flames last year and they are about the same. We beat the Sharks and now Brian Campbell is going to suddenly have them kicking our a$$? We damn near almost beat the Ducks - and imo they have lost players since last year. OK they picked up Schneids, but lost MacDonald and Penner.

We played long series vs these teams last year - we banged them up just as much. Let's not chalk up any playoff losses until they actually happen....

Yeah, no joke. I wonder if people are just bumping this stuff from last season's posts. It's ridiculous--it looks as if they'll dredge up every last reason why we WON'T win, as if they WANT us to lose.

Im still wondering why people are panicing about this team right now.. Once were healthy and playoffs come along, were a dangerous team.. And I think this year we have more grit as well.. People just need to calm down.. GO WINGS :thumbup:

the bottom line is that we are on par with all the top teams. the only 2 teams that scare me are the ducks and the stars. we've been known to manhandle the stars so that isn't that scary and while the ducks have gotten better this year we still have a great chance to beat them

My god again with these fair weather fans, Here's an idea, put a gun in your mouth an end your misery please, do us all a favor,

P.S I have plenty of bullets to help,

Another option is not too make threads like this

But your method works too...

Yes. Go go defensively-pessimistic "I won't cheer for the Wings until they win it all---until that point, I'll be convincing myself and everyone else that they'll lose so that I can avoid any chance of being disappointed if that happens" team! Unite!

:thumbdown:

I'm pretty sure no one here is not cheering for the Wings. There are many pessimists, but that doesn't mean they're not cheering. You're still getting those two things confused.

Well, it seems as though if this team can't overcome the injuries they are going to fall down fast in the standings. Oh and get used to the calls like the one tonight against us in the San Jose game, cause it is going to happen more to us in the playoffs. It is a known fact that NHL refs have and always will hate the Detroit Red Wings. I hope they can overcome these injuries and start winning again, but they still need to somehow overcome the retarded calls made by these monkey's in stripes. I am afraid the tide has turned. In case you guys haven't noticed lately but other teams have somehow figured out to handle the ZDH line...which is a VERY VERY BAD THING :(