• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salviaman

Another early exit is near

Rate this topic

Indeed. Sure we still have some dead weight but we got rid of Lang and Bert's lazy asses (still don't understand what happened to Calder, he started out so well :confused1: ) and our youngsters are a year older (of course the grandpa's are older as well but you know what I mean :lol: ). Now we added Stuart to add depth to defense, the lack of which killed us last year after the injuries to Kronner and Schneids.

I would have loved to add a scoring winger as much as the next guy but I believe in this team and you gotta make the best of what you have.

I agree. Better to take what's available and a fit then force what isn't there to work. Clearly this was a fit and I don't see the scoring winger we "let get away."

Guest Jeremy88

Because we weren't able to get a good 2nd line forward...guys like Flipulla, Hudler, Samuelsson, and Franzen MUST step it up. We've got DZH who can lead the team in scoring, Cleary is perfect for secondary scoring...but Cleary seems to be our only consistent secondary scorer. If ZDH is shut down in the playoffs, we're bascially relying on one guy to get it done.

The wings NEED the team to step it up. We know Filp can step it up...Huds is a maybe. Sammy...well, he's Sammy. I don't really expect that much offense from Franzen

Wings went far last year with a similar line-up...Schneider has been replaced by Rafalski and Bert didn't do jack... Now Stuart will replace Markov (hopefully). I don't see a problem. Staple Lilja's or Lebda's ass to the bench everytime they screw up... The main concern is injuries... The second line will show up...

This thread is absurd. Armchair GM's make me want to vomit. Again, this thread is absurd.

you are so wrong we should fire Holland and have all the people on lets go wings be the gm we would have a bigger payroll then the yankees and be able to get anyone. hell we do it on nhl 2006 on ps2 whats the difference

This thread is absurd. Armchair GM's make me want to vomit. Again, this thread is absurd.

I'm with you but not to worry. Alot of people on this week are part-time "fans". They just came here to ***** because we didn't get the players that THEY wanted us to get. These people will go back to watching basketball until the middle of May. Then they will come back when the Wings are in the 3rd round or so. They will ride the bandwagon until after our Stanley cup parade. The first week in July they will come back again and ***** about what free agents that we didn't sign.

It's as predicatble as the changing seasons.

I don't worry about it though, I'm a year round Wings fan and an optimist. I watch almost every Wings game and I'm on the bandwagon for good. I'm not to worried about all the defensive pessimists. According to ALL the "experts" we are in the top 5 of teams that could win the cup. I really don't care what the basketball fans think or the pessimists because we won't know the results until June.

GO WINGS!

people here are unreal...6 regulars are out of the lineup (Cleary, Hasek, Lidstrom, Chelios, Rafalski, and Kronwall), we lose a few games while they're out, and all of a sudden we're going out in the first round??? WOW...get a freaking life...watch this team turn around once everyone is back and healthy

Edited by detroitdan

Wings went far last year with a similar line-up...Schneider has been replaced by Rafalski and Bert didn't do jack... Now Stuart will replace Markov (hopefully). I don't see a problem. Staple Lilja's or Lebda's ass to the bench everytime they screw up... The main concern is injuries... The second line will show up...

LOL! I love your screen name! I haven't called anyone a 'dicksmack' since grade school!

Great username!

:thumbup:

Schneider was even out of the line-up in the WCF and we came close to beating the Ducks and going to the finals - pretty much the same time - minus Bertuzzi who was more of a hindrance anyways....

It's time to stop whining (topic starter) and hope for the best. It might even benefit the Wings if we are not the 1 seed - kind of under the radar. that might even pit Stars vs Ducks in a potential second round matchup. I'm going to stay positive and hope things work out....

I think we're going to like what Stuart does for the team, and I am optimistic about the Wings in the playoffs if they are really close to 100% healthy. My main concern is that Stuart is an UFA this summer who will probably be looking for more money than his current $3.5 mill. Hopefully Stuart plays well enough that the Wings want to keep him, and that they can come to terms. Otherwise, it's another rental, which I thought Holland was opposed to this time around.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
The thing is... everyone seems to forget that the playoff aren't even next month... they're two calander months away.

What if we got Hossa and he went cold (like he seems to do) during the playoffs? Flipp may pick up his game come post-season and (touch wood) all our injuries will be healed. I think with the addition of Stuart the best D in the league just got a little stronger and I'm happy with that.

If we get a good result tonight then our form should pick up but we need some hard work and support! The playoffs aren't here yet... just need to keep going.

GO WINGS!

Good post but the ducks have a far stronger D than us.

Lidstrom>Pronger>Niderymayer>Rafalski>Scheinder>Beauchimen>Kronwall>Stuart

I'm with you but not to worry. Alot of people on this week are part-time "fans". They just came here to ***** because we didn't get the players that THEY wanted us to get. These people will go back to watching basketball until the middle of May. Then they will come back when the Wings are in the 3rd round or so. They will ride the bandwagon until after our Stanley cup parade. The first week in July they will come back again and ***** about what free agents that we didn't sign.

It's as predicatble as the changing seasons.

I don't worry about it though, I'm a year round Wings fan and an optimist. I watch almost every Wings game and I'm on the bandwagon for good. I'm not to worried about all the defensive pessimists. According to ALL the "experts" we are in the top 5 of teams that could win the cup. I really don't care what the basketball fans think or the pessimists because we won't know the results until June.

GO WINGS!

I totally agree with you on that one about part-time/fair weather fans. They always seem to show up when Detroit is in a slump. Time after time again we have all heard people bitching about Holland being a terrible GM yet we still seem to be one of the most consistant teams in the NHL. Yeah we had a few early exits but at the same time we might have avoided making some trades this year that could have hurt the team down the road. Who knows what players we might have had to give up for a rental that is uncertain about their own future. Stuart was a pickup I was sure we would get and realistically I didn't assume much more. Wings are in a slump now and hurting with injuries. Still it's better than the start of the playoffs, at least they had such a killer start that we basically had a playoff spot somewhere around Christmas. We have a few months to heal and thats really what we need. The grit factor moves up a little more with Stuart bringing the hits, and I am sure McCarty will be dressed and ready to go when we play teams like Calgary or Anaheim.

Guest Crymson
How does anything I said have anything to do with me liking Burke, whom I hate?

Because you're lobbying against the Wings and blasting them.

I think that we have the best D in the league and here's why........

Shots against per game: Detroit ---- 23.9

Anaheim -- 27.6

Goals agaist per game: Detroit ------ 2.15

Anaheim ---- 2.38

Also if we throw in offensive stats in the mix here's what we get:

Anaheim 136 points

Detroit 165 points

I just don't see why some people say that Anaheim's defense is far better when the team stats definitely say the opposite, now I realize stats don't tell the whole story but the fact of the matter is that Detroit dominated all the defensive categories before their current skid and still are first in these last ten games.

I think we have a better defense than ANY other team.

Guest Crymson
Good post but the ducks have a far stronger D than us.

Lidstrom>Pronger>Niderymayer>Rafalski>Scheinder>Beauchimen>Kronwall>Stuart

Way to go out of your way to try to prove this point. Why? What could convincing others that we're not as good as any other team this possibly accomplish?

In any event, I disagree. We allow the least shots per game, we have the two highest-scoring defensemen in the league, and, before the injuries, we had the three top d-men in +/-.

While you're at it---the next time you choose to try to elevate another team above the Wings, make sure beforehand that you know how to spell their names correctly.

Edited by Crymson

Holy Mother of Frogs!!!!

What a wwwweird and wwwacky group of fans!

A couple of months ago there was a slew of "the season is toooo easy, we need some adversity." Thank Heavens those people have finally STFU!!!

Now, with half our top two lines out with injuries, people are predicting doom and gloom.

You take away a leading baseball team's entire outfield, an infielder and catcher as well as half of their starting rotation and are surprised the teams slumps, but then you find it impossible to imagine they will once again be a top team when those players return?

Ken Holland is the envy of the manager league. People who think he needs to go should be careful what they wish for...they may someday get it. :scared:

First you say "Use a different forum. Good bye!" Then you have to add this comment? NICE!! Does it make you feel better to insult others? Does it make you feel like a real man? If so then keep them coming buddy cause I enjoy reading your senseless posts. Oh and enjoy living in that that s**thole called Southern California. I hope a Hispanic steals your job at In-N-Out Burger you prick. :lol:

Wasn't it fun watching the Wings blow yet another game tonight? What is our record the past 10 games? 1-7-2? Hurray! Now maybe this team can just lay down so Dallas can take the #1 spot.

This site is called "letsgowings.com" not f*** the wings when they are losing. I dont have to try and feel like a real man, because I am. I am a true hockey fan, dips***. If you want to attack me for living in southern California, thats fine. It's seventy-five ******* degrees there right now. Whats your weather like? And for my job at In n Out burger, sorry I do eat there, because it's really good! But for my job, I am retired at the prime age of 32 dickhead! Sold my business last year, that I built by myself. I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house on a golf course.

I am a true hockey fan that travels the country and Canada to watch games. Right now I am in N.C. saw the Canes play lastnight.

So now that you have all of my pertinent info, why dont you go play hide and go f*** yourself!

I am a true hockey fan, dips***. If you want to attack me for living in southern California, thats fine. It's seventy-five ******* degrees there right now. Whats your weather like?

A true hockey fan would take cold and s***ty over 75* anyday, and just wear a hoody outside. I'm kidding.

But really, I'll take cold and s***ty weather over 75*