195 replies to this topic

#161 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ February 28, 2008 - 05:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've lost your mind and you don't know anything about me. I watch every game and root my ass off every night I watch. I don't see where I stated that I don't hope for the best and that I don't support the team. You and the other homers here are acting like watchdogs accussing fans of not rooting for the Wings just because we're unhappy at what went down at the deadline.

clap.gif Excellent post my friend, superb!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#162 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:12 AM

Alright the first test to the credibility to this thread comes tonight

#163 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Never_Retire_Steve @ February 29, 2008 - 08:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Such bitterness, it sounds like that other thread where someone turned in their fan club card because Fedorov wasn't brought back, and now the Wings are doomed to crash and burn... Brendan Shanahan said once on trade rumors, there was a deal that the Wings didnt make, forgot who it was, but anyways, heres the quote....

SOMETIMES THE BEST TRADES ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE .

#164 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (2probert4 @ February 29, 2008 - 10:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Such bitterness, it sounds like that other thread where someone turned in their fan club card because Fedorov wasn't brought back, and now the Wings are doomed to crash and burn... Brendan Shanahan said once on trade rumors, there was a deal that the Wings didnt make, forgot who it was, but anyways, heres the quote....

SOMETIMES THE BEST TRADES ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE .

Bitter? I am definitely not bitter

#165 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ February 28, 2008 - 11:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
clap.gif Excellent post my friend, superb!

Yes. Go go defensively-pessimistic "I won't cheer for the Wings until they win it all---until that point, I'll be convincing myself and everyone else that they'll lose so that I can avoid any chance of being disappointed if that happens" team! Unite!

thumbdown.gif

#166 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Never_Retire_Steve @ February 29, 2008 - 07:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The test of the credibility of this thread will come in the first round of the playoffs.. and next year.

#167 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (RockyMountainWingGal @ February 28, 2008 - 08:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm we beat the Flames last year and they are about the same. We beat the Sharks and now Brian Campbell is going to suddenly have them kicking our a$$? We damn near almost beat the Ducks - and imo they have lost players since last year. OK they picked up Schneids, but lost MacDonald and Penner.

We played long series vs these teams last year - we banged them up just as much. Let's not chalk up any playoff losses until they actually happen....

Yeah, no joke. I wonder if people are just bumping this stuff from last season's posts. It's ridiculous--it looks as if they'll dredge up every last reason why we WON'T win, as if they WANT us to lose.

#168 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Never_Retire_Steve @ February 29, 2008 - 09:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it doesn't. Lidstrom, Rafalski, Cleary, and Chelios are still out.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#169 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

Can this thread die?

please?

Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#170 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

Im still wondering why people are panicing about this team right now.. Once were healthy and playoffs come along, were a dangerous team.. And I think this year we have more grit as well.. People just need to calm down.. GO WINGS thumbup.gif
IPB Image

#171 Sentonial Debut

Sentonial Debut

WE ARE THE D

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

the bottom line is that we are on par with all the top teams. the only 2 teams that scare me are the ducks and the stars. we've been known to manhandle the stars so that isn't that scary and while the ducks have gotten better this year we still have a great chance to beat them

#172 yankeebaddabing

yankeebaddabing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

My god again with these fair weather fans, Here's an idea, put a gun in your mouth an end your misery please, do us all a favor,

P.S I have plenty of bullets to help,

#173 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (yankeebaddabing @ February 29, 2008 - 03:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My god again with these fair weather fans, Here's an idea, put a gun in your mouth an end your misery please, do us all a favor,

P.S I have plenty of bullets to help,

Another option is not too make threads like this
But your method works too...

#174 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ February 29, 2008 - 12:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Go go defensively-pessimistic "I won't cheer for the Wings until they win it all---until that point, I'll be convincing myself and everyone else that they'll lose so that I can avoid any chance of being disappointed if that happens" team! Unite!

thumbdown.gif

I'm pretty sure no one here is not cheering for the Wings. There are many pessimists, but that doesn't mean they're not cheering. You're still getting those two things confused.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#175 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

Well, it seems as though if this team can't overcome the injuries they are going to fall down fast in the standings. Oh and get used to the calls like the one tonight against us in the San Jose game, cause it is going to happen more to us in the playoffs. It is a known fact that NHL refs have and always will hate the Detroit Red Wings. I hope they can overcome these injuries and start winning again, but they still need to somehow overcome the retarded calls made by these monkey's in stripes. I am afraid the tide has turned. In case you guys haven't noticed lately but other teams have somehow figured out to handle the ZDH line...which is a VERY VERY BAD THING sad.gif
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#176 jim3033

jim3033

Hossa knows kung-fu!

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

This thread is ridiculous. You gotta know who to be upset with. It's not the same NHL it used to be. The Wings played good tonight and got screwed over.

It's basically if they're confident enough because they have the skill. These calls are going to make them think they are playing worse than they are.

#177 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Salviaman @ February 29, 2008 - 09:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it seems as though if this team can't overcome the injuries they are going to fall down fast in the standings. Oh and get used to the calls like the one tonight against us in the San Jose game, cause it is going to happen more to us in the playoffs. It is a known fact that NHL refs have and always will hate the Detroit Red Wings. I hope they can overcome these injuries and start winning again, but they still need to somehow overcome the retarded calls made by these monkey's in stripes. I am afraid the tide has turned. In case you guys haven't noticed lately but other teams have somehow figured out to handle the ZDH line...which is a VERY VERY BAD THING sad.gif

Referees make bad calls against every team. The blown call tonight stinks, yes, but to think that referees have a personal vendetta against just against Detroit is going a bit too far there.

#178 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ February 29, 2008 - 09:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Referees make bad calls against every team. The blown call tonight stinks, yes, but to think that referees have a personal vendetta against just against Detroit is going a bit too far there.

I have to agree with you. This thread was started on pure bitter opinion, and should have died before it started.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#179 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Crymson @ February 29, 2008 - 02:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The test of the credibility of this thread will come in the first round of the playoffs.. and next year.

True enough, who girves a s*** what happes until April

#180 awingsincebirth

awingsincebirth

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Never_Retire_Steve @ March 1, 2008 - 12:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True enough, who girves a s*** what happes until April

Here here. As Wings fans, we've always known and lived by the mantra "The regular season doesn't matter." Obviously, we've historically said that to highlight the fact that our regular season success means nothing in the playoffs. This year, however, we may have to continue to cite this in reference to our lack of success. Everything starts over in April, and hopefully we can right the ship well before then.

Granted, we are still the best team in the league, as hard as that is to believe. Man, you honestly can't comprehend what a 17 point lead means until the team that had that lead takes an entire month off and still comes out on top. Redonkulous.

"I can taste another long run," Lidstrom said. "I can feel it in this room. The guys are getting that focused look in their eyes."