• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Son of a Wing

Articles on Meech and Babcock on Stuart

Rate this topic

Link

Khan(!)’s also got a little contract chatter: Cleary deal for 2.5/year still on the table. Lilja’s agent and Holland might not be the BFFs they were a year ago, as they haven’t spoken lately. Recommendation here is that Kenny wait as long as possible on that situation, and this: Chris Chelios will be offered another one-year deal.

Among Stuart’s duties will be manning a point on the power play and helping to kill penalties. Stuart and Babcock date to their days in Red Deer, Alberta, and to the Western Hockey League.

“North American kid, skates well, can move the puck, can play physical, solidifies our top four,†Babcock said when asked to assess Stuart. “I’ve known the kid for a long, long time, and I think he’ll be a real help to us.â€

Also here's a link to a must read Avs article for a good laugh.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and their Hole-in- the-Wall Gang are riding together again, some for the first time.

As a trio, Sakic, Forsberg & Foote were as talented as Crosby, Stills & Nash.

I'll take the good Foote and the bad foot over the left feet that were available at trade time.

Welcome home, Peter, Adam, Joe and the Iceboys.

Guest CaliWingsNut

ohh and I enjoyed reading your articles too... just didn't have anything to express about personal opinion upon them.

Good. Re-sign Cleary, re-sign Chelios, re-sign Stuart, and let Lilja walk. If all that comes to place, I'll be happy with the situation. The Wings would have a great defense locked up, and also have their one full-time charecter guy under contract as well (who, the Wings can't seem to win without, so they better not let him leave). Cleary's impact to this team most certainly deserves him a contract.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Interesting how Babcock pointed out that Stuart is a North American...

On a sidenote, Chelios should retire. He looks quite lame out there and Quincey need ice time in the biggs. I hate to see a solid prospect defenseman not get a shot because Chelios figures he'll stick around forever. Quincey is the future not Chelios.

On a sidenote, Chelios should retire. He looks quite lame out there and Quincey need ice time in the biggs. I hate to see a solid prospect defenseman not get a shot because Chelios figures he'll stick around forever. Quincey is the future not Chelios.

Agreed.

It's impressive that Cheli can still contribute at this age, but it's really come to the point where he's taking time from the kids. Even though they'll make some mistakes Chelios wouldn't have, they have a future (hopefully) with the team, and he doesn't.

Chelios is the present, Quincey MIGHT be the future, or he might be another career AHLer.

Chelios has played great as a 5th D-man. He and Lebda and Lilja have all struggled when put in a 1-2 position which has been required of them lately.

Patience is a virtue, Cheli will more than likely be back next year, Stuart maybe, Lilja doubt it, even though the team said they want to sign him. Quincey and Meech are expendable due to the fact that Ericsson and Kindl are waiting in the wings.

Ralf is around for another 4 years, Lids 2, Kronwall 4, Lebda 2 that only leaves 2 spots one will probably go to Cheli and the other will be Ericsson or Quincey or Meech or Lilja or Stuart or some other UFA.

Quincey and Meech while talented will struggle to break this roster, much like Ellis, Hartigan, and with the talent that is coming up behind them I don't see them around for too long. Especially when you consider that Quincey will be RFA at season's end.

I can see the wings trying to deal Meech or Lebda in some off season deal.

But this is all my opinion so I could be completely wrong!

I'm just excited RB is back! Where have you been?

As for Cheli, I can see your point. The thing about him is he'd be great to keep as insurance, but there's no way in hell he'd go for that. He gets mad enough that Babs benches him for b2b's. Personally, I like having Cheli around if the Wings brass feels guys like Quincey and Meech aren't in their future plans. The problem there though is if they're not part of our future plans why are we not moving them for guys that should be part of the future?

As for Cheli, I can see your point. The thing about him is he'd be great to keep as insurance, but there's no way in hell he'd go for that. He gets mad enough that Babs benches him for b2b's. Personally, I like having Cheli around if the Wings brass feels guys like Quincey and Meech aren't in their future plans. The problem there though is if they're not part of our future plans why are we not moving them for guys that should be part of the future?

I was gonna say something as well but decided not to. He's much better than these "new-age" posters.. :lol: just kidding guys.....

the past week or two, meech has really stood up and he has proven that he can play in the NHL. Cheli is still solid, but I think the team would benefit more from people like meech, quincey, and ericsson. Drop Lilja and Cheli for Quincey and Meech and we would have a top 7 of Lids, Raf, Kronner, Stuart, Lebda, Meech Quincey

Edited by rwfan007

I originally had "Where the hell have you been?!" in my first post, but decided to stay on topic and deleted it. :lol:

That's why you make sure and post something regarding the thread as well. :sly:

All is forgiven if you stay on topic yet throw a shout out to a poster we haven't heard from in a while.

Edit: (Kelsey) Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Agreed.

It's impressive that Cheli can still contribute at this age, but it's really come to the point where he's taking time from the kids. Even though they'll make some mistakes Chelios wouldn't have, they have a future (hopefully) with the team, and he doesn't.

I can live with a few mistakes in the regular season, especially from the kids still adapting to the NHL, but let's not kid ourselves -Chelios is far from perfect despite being the definition of a veteran.

Hey, thanks! Well I have been around from time to time, but not posted a whole lot. It's been a little tougher to find the time once I finished school and started working full time and all. I'll try my best to be more active again and stir things up! :lol:

I can live with a few mistakes in the regular season, especially from the kids still adapting to the NHL, but let's not kid ourselves -Chelios is far from perfect despite being the definition of a veteran.

Absolutely agree.

even if it's a wash, or the kids aren't quite as good as Chelios, considering they have a future, I'd rather live with their mistakes next year.

and it's good to have ya back!

That article proves how stupid the divealanche media and fans are. They've been over-inflating their importance for years, and the sad thing is that they actually believe that nonsense. Whoever wrote that article should go cover baseball games or something, because he doesn't know jack about hockey.

Hinting at something there...? :P

The Wings need more North Americans. I really wonder that, if Babcock put an imput at Holland to get some more, he'd actually listen.

Hinting at something there...? :P

The Wings need more North Americans. I really wonder that, if Babcock put an imput at Holland to get some more, he'd actually listen.

*waiting for the race war* :unsure:

:P

Honestly I don't care where there from, but there's really no denying that if you have a North American hockey player who is 6'3" and 225 lbs, and you have a European player who is 6'3" and 225 lbs, more often than not the North American kid plays a more physical game.

It's just how they grow up playing hockey.

Guest Crymson

If there's any good that might come out of Cleary's injury, it's that his price will come down. I hate to say it, because the guy works so hard and deserves a lot, but it's probably true.

I'm glad Holland and Lilja's agent aren't speaking.

If there's any good that might come out of Cleary's injury, it's that his price will come down. I hate to say it, because the guy works so hard and deserves a lot, but it's probably true.

I'm glad Holland and Lilja's agent aren't speaking.

I see it differently. Cleary's absence has shown how much the Red Wings lack consistent scoring from their forwards after Dats, Zetts, and whoever is fortunate enough to be playing with those two. Cleary may be the highest energy player on the team ... a complete pest for opposing teams. He raises the bar for the entire team by his intensity every game. I hope they resign him and not insult him by playing hardball in the negotiations.

i hope cleary and Chelios re-sign

I'm not that keen on Cheli's re-signing since we have a good number of up-and-coming defensemen close to being NHL-ready. That said, Cheli's experience is invaluable and he still plays alright in a limited role.

That article proves how stupid the divealanche media and fans are. They've been over-inflating their importance for years, and the sad thing is that they actually believe that nonsense. Whoever wrote that article should go cover baseball games or something, because he doesn't know jack about hockey.

the person who wrote that article would be none other than woody paige. the jackass on around the horn, and those of u who are familiar with him, hes been writing articles like this for the avs and insulting the wings for years