• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cirov19

Stuart Interview

Rate this topic

You could tell he was a upset to have to leave his family, but I LOVE how he perked up at the end when talking about being on a for sure playoff team. I liked when he said the positives outweigh the negatives of having to move. He also seemed pretty excited to be paired up with Kronwall, he likes that Kronwall is a smooth skater and offensively minded and he feels like they will compliment each other out there. Hopefully after he gets a few games under his belt and our regulars start returning he'll be even more comfortable.

Good stuff. I'm really liking the second pairing of Kronwall and Stuart. I'll be excited to see how they work out tommorrow.

Also, I checked out the Cleary interview beside it. Good to know he's about to start skating again. He's clearly a super important part of our team. Gotta love the guy.

he also seemed positive that he could provide the much needed secondary scoring that we so desperately need this time of year. With Stuart on Zetterbergs wing, we shouldn't be losing 3 or 4 games in a row by the score of 1-0 throughout the playoffs.....oops, Stuart is a defensman? Well, he should help us hold the opposion to 1 or 2 goals per game, that'll help in the playoffs. Can Hasek score from the net?

my question is 'does he look like he wants to resign with us this summer?'

I think the answer is close to being 'no' at this moment

I was thinking the same thing. He didn't look very excited to me! Of course he's gonna say it's a positive experience and he's excited and whatnot. What else would he say "i'm pissed off & i hate it here"!? :lol: Of course not. I hope that he really does want to be here, but he didn't seem too convincing to me.

he also seemed positive that he could provide the much needed secondary scoring that we so desperately need this time of year. With Stuart on Zetterbergs wing, we shouldn't be losing 3 or 4 games in a row by the score of 1-0 throughout the playoffs.....oops, Stuart is a defensman? Well, he should help us hold the opposion to 1 or 2 goals per game, that'll help in the playoffs. Can Hasek score from the net?

If you're so against Holland acquiring Stuart, why is it that you were calling for him to get Adam Foote -- a guy that is much less offensively inclined than Stuart?

If you're so against Holland acquiring Stuart, why is it that you were calling for him to get Adam Foote -- a guy that is much less offensively inclined than Stuart?

...I am not against Stuart. If you read, I said that should help keep the opposing goals down. But, the need was for a stay at home hard hitting Defensman and a top 6 winger/scorer. He didn't get either in Stuart. Stuart is much like Kronwall. Sure he can hit pretty good and chip in some points. I am happy with the aquisition of Stuart. But they better hope Hasek can score a goal or two because teams have figured out ZDH if you haven't noticed and nobody else seems to want to step up their game. So expect us to lose alot of one goal games in the playoffs something that could have been addressed at the deadline (along with Stuart) for the price of barey anything, if not for a personal vendetta...

...I am not against Stuart. If you read, I said that should help keep the opposing goals down. But, the need was for a stay at home hard hitting Defensman and a top 6 winger/scorer. He didn't get either in Stuart. Stuart is much like Kronwall. Sure he can hit pretty good and chip in some points. I am happy with the aquisition of Stuart. But they better hope Hasek can score a goal or two because teams have figured out ZDH if you haven't noticed and nobody else seems to want to step up their game. So expect us to lose alot of one goal games in the playoffs something that could have been addressed at the deadline (along with Stuart) for the price of barey anything, if not for a personal vendetta...

The Wings scored enough in the playoffs last year prior to the injury of Schneider. That's when their offense went dry. They were also without Kronwall for the whole post-season. In the Wings' system, the defense generates the offense. Stuart gives the Wings four legitimate point men on the PP (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Stuart). Last year going into the playoffs, the Wings only had two (Lidstrom and Schneider).

The Wings scored enough in the playoffs last year prior to the injury of Schneider. That's when their offense went dry. They were also without Kronwall for the whole post-season. In the Wings' system, the defense generates the offense. Stuart gives the Wings four legitimate point men on the PP (Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Stuart). Last year going into the playoffs, the Wings only had two (Lidstrom and Schneider).

...and for Wings fans sake, I hope he helps. He should, but I am just tired of hearing Holland's crap. But, hey, bottem line, what do I know? If I knew, I'd have a different career...

I just read his wife is pregnant guess that explains alot. anyone knows how many month she is into?

anyway hope they work it out and he will also be able to focus on getting us the Cup :stanley:

Personally, I'm glad to have him. A lot of the talk here about 1-0 games should begin to evaporate with Kronwall and Stuart in the lineup. Both are huge offensive upgrades to what we've had on the ice recently. Obviously, the offense won't be the same until Lids and Raf are back, but I don't think there is any denying that once they are, we have a top four that any team (perhaps save Ana) would be jealous of.

It's true he didn't look too excited, but, let's face it, hockey players aren't typically known for their on camera charisma.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Uncle Danny

Hopefully his play is not as monotone and meloncoley as his interview skills. LOL!

I am looking forward to having him here but I do not expect him to stick around. he is very family oriented it seems and from what I hear his wife has no intrest in living in MI.

Good stuff. I'm really liking the second pairing of Kronwall and Stuart. I'll be excited to see how they work out tommorrow.

Also, I checked out the Cleary interview beside it. Good to know he's about to start skating again. He's clearly a super important part of our team. Gotta love the guy.

Yeah, the Cleary interview was actually a bit more exciting for me. Glad to see him talking again.

I think by his body language at times showed he wasn't thrilled to be in Detroit. But you have to think all the adjustments on and off the ice would be tough to get use to. Once they start winning, I think everything should work out well. I don't think there should be a whole lot of stock put into any of this though until after he plays with us awhile. That's the real indicator to if he has interest to sign with us in the offseason IMO.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Riddle me this leftwinger, Why are you a redwings fan?????

You are so against the upper brass, the system that we play and the players that we have, I mean you whine and cry about every thing this team does.

On the TD you were crying about picking up Stuart, now you like him and just to tell you nobody "has figured out ZDH if you haven't noticed and nobody else seems to want to step up their game". (Ridiculous)

The main reason why we are not scoring as much is obvious, all of our offense is playing more defense due to the fact that maybe we don't have our top 4 defensemen right now!!! DUHH

So now goalies are supposed to score, Really get a clue or maybe you should invest your time in baseball...

You are a hater and or a troll, either way nobody likes that so show some respect to the team we all come here to talk about, eh

And for the record Stuart was a great pickup for the price, Oh and that's why I'm glad we did not sell the farm for Hossa. what a great 1st game he had huh, DEE DA DEE

My 2 cents

Riddle me this leftwinger, Why are you a redwings fan?????

You are so against the upper brass, the system that we play and the players that we have, I mean you whine and cry about every thing this team does.

On the TD you were crying about picking up Stuart, now you like him and just to tell you nobody "has figured out ZDH if you haven't noticed and nobody else seems to want to step up their game". (Ridiculous)

The main reason why we are not scoring as much is obvious, all of our offense is playing more defense due to the fact that maybe we don't have our top 4 defensemen right now!!! DUHH

So now goalies are supposed to score, Really get a clue or maybe you should invest your time in baseball...

You are a hater and or a troll, either way nobody likes that so show some respect to the team we all come here to talk about, eh

And for the record Stuart was a great pickup for the price, Oh and that's why I'm glad we did not sell the farm for Hossa. what a great 1st game he had huh, DEE DA DEE

My 2 cents

Yankeebaddabing,

You put too much stock into the opinion of a fair weather fan and a band wagoner. If the Wings win the cup he will be back here with a new login and a new attitude, if some other team wins it he will be on that team's board.

But other than that you bring up some great points about Stuart, he will be a great fit for this team.

All of the posters that were screaming about Sammy on the Point now have to give up on that mantra and find a new theme because as soon as the D is healthy Sammy will be off of the pp.

So not only does Stuart take the 2nd pp, he gives this team depth at D (something that cost the wings last year dearly), a guy who does not shy away from hitting in the least, usually a very healthy guy, is 28, 6'2 215.

The only real downside I see to him, and this is being really picky, is that he is another lefty.

I am not sure I can remember a team so lefty heavy as this wings team!

But they better hope Hasek can score a goal or two because teams have figured out ZDH if you haven't noticed and nobody else seems to want to step up their game. So expect us to lose alot of one goal games in the playoffs something that could have been addressed at the deadline (along with Stuart) for the price of barey anything, if not for a personal vendetta...

I agree with Leftwinger ... we have to hope hasek can score a bunch... We are a one line offensive team. Sure we can get "some" scoring from our depth forwards once in a while but to keep Z and D off the Goal side of the score sheet is a pretty much given that we will lose the game.

Sucks but thats the reality of it... and has been the result of our early exits... blame the goalie all you want for the losses, but doing the same thing (blaming and getting different goalies year in and year out) and expecting different results (a win maybe) is nothing short of insanity.

We failed to get that scoring touch we needed unless D-mac and Stuart will raise their games by 5000%.

Edited by OsGOD

OSGOD!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU !!!!

You posted something negative about this team without once doing any of the following:

Having an aneurysm

Giving up on the team

Yelling and screaming for the death of Holland

Torching Flip and Huds

Bashing Sammy and Lilja

Throwing Kronwall or Lebda under the bus

and instead you made a logical well thought out post!!

DAMN YOU!!!

Seriously though,

I think secondary scoring will be an issue just as it was last post season, however I still contend that is was not secondary scoring that lost the WCF, not that secondary scoring really helped at all. I think solid secondary scoring could have saved a game or two (damn only needed it to save one game).But with a healthy Schneids and Kronwall you don't have so many untested D men, nor do you have two guys (Cheli, Lilja) logging important minutes that would have probably been Kronwall or Schneids minutes.

As we have seen with this years team a lot of offense comes from the passing from the back end. A guy like Schneids, Lids, Rafalski, get this teams offense flowing through the neutral zone, which is were Dats, Z, Flip and others get the play started (Other than PP). From there the play develops. That puts a lot of pressure on a guy that is used to logging 8-12 minutes a night and not being the primary passing option out of the zone.

Now you put Lilja in a spot where every pass he makes is 10x's more important, unfortunately we saw why Lilja will never be a top 4 d-man. He does well as a 5-6, put is not cut out to be a top 4. Now that may sound like a dig, but I don't mean it that way, my point is he was put outside of his comfort zone (for lack of a better term) and was not ready for it. Maybe if the same were to happen this year he would do better in that position seeing as he is filling in for Lids right now(sad, sad statement).

Also I think Holland's hands were tied as far as getting a top 6 forward, the only true top 6 forwards moved really came out of the central. Dupuis was a part of the Hossa deal so to say the wings could have got him is a stretch to say the least.

Other than that there was Hossa and Richards, to expensive and truly are top 3 forwards.

You are right though at some point in time if the wings don't look to get one true top 6 forward or develop one or two they will be in a world of hurt. Dats and Z are some how managing to put up great numbers (when the team is healthy) but as with any one line team that will get shut down. I guess the beauty is that Babs can do a lot of things with the forward lines when Cleary is back.