• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Who should we sign this summer?

Rate this topic

Who do you think the Wings should target this summer as a free agent? With making a run at Hossa pretty unrealistic, I like Vrbata or Huselius for some secondary scoring. I think either of them would be a good signing and could probably come around 3.5mil which we can afford. I wouldn't mind Kalinin on defense if we lose Lilja and Stuart. Other possibilities? Thoughts?

Huselius

No thanks on Huselius.

He shows some good talent and flashes great offensive instincts, but he's not good defensively and he disappears too often.

For me:

Cleary and Filppula come to mind.

I'd have to take a look at a list of UFA's to get a better idea of who'd be available.

But the first goal is to sign Cleary and Filppula, along with Zetteberg, then see where we stand financially.

Then we can decide who to bring in and how much room to leave.

Fedorov.... I would like at least one more cup... and his curse to be broken.

and to keep him from retiring... Roenick.... yeah boi!

Edited by OsGOD

i'd like to see federov,....but as was reported at the deadline,..some people in the wings orginsation were hesitant to trade for him. Will see.

i'd also love to see hossa if we can afford him. Stillman would be great to if he doesn't re-sign in carolina.

Who do you think the Wings should target this summer as a free agent? With making a run at Hossa pretty unrealistic, I like Vrbata or Huselius for some secondary scoring. I think either of them would be a good signing and could probably come around 3.5mil which we can afford. I wouldn't mind Kalinin on defense if we lose Lilja and Stuart. Other possibilities? Thoughts?

I don't see us going after anyone that's over $3M. Holland would rather give that money to Cleary and sign our own RFA's. And he'll more than likely want to store some cash for next years deadline and to resign Zetts the year after.

I don't see us going after anyone that's over $3M. Holland would rather give that money to Cleary and sign our own RFA's. And he'll more than likely want to store some cash for next years deadline and to resign Zetts the year after.

Yeah and I agree to that. Sounds quite reasonable.. and I want to keep Cleary too!

I say screw next year's deadline.

Re-sign Filpulla, Cleary, Chelios, Hudler, and Downey. Let Lilja go. Hasek to retire.

Sign Brian Rolston and a UFA Defenceman, Ron Hainsey:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filpulla - Rolston

Sammuelson - Franzen - Hudler

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Downey

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Hainsey

Chelios - Ericsson

Lebda

Osgood

Howard

?

I say screw next year's deadline.

Re-sign Filpulla, Cleary, Chelios, Hudler, and Downey. Let Lilja go. Hasek to retire.

Sign Brian Rolston and a UFA Defenceman, Ron Hainsey:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filpulla - Rolston

Sammuelson - Franzen - Hudler

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

Downey

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Hainsey

Chelios - Ericsson

Lebda

Osgood

Howard

?

I'd LOVE to have Rolston on this club. :thumbup:

Is this thread some kind of a joke? We just got done with the deadline where we realized that all our wishful thinking was for nothing since Holland didn't do s*** to improve our scoring. I'm not even going to fantasize anymore about players that we might have our should have, since it'll probably never happen.

Is this thread some kind of a joke? We just got done with the deadline where we realized that all our wishful thinking was for nothing since Holland didn't do s*** to improve our scoring. I'm not even going to fantasize anymore about players that we might have our should have, since it'll probably never happen.

Oh, totally.

With Holland at GM, we really don't have anything to look forward to as Wing's fans. He'll never do anything exciting in attempt to improve the team.

Oh, totally.

With Holland at GM, we really don't have anything to look forward to as Wing's fans. He'll never do anything exciting in attempt to improve the team.

Oh he will, but I'm afraid it'll only come after an early playoff exit. I was hoping he'd do something about our forwards at the deadline, but he chose to stick it out with Hudler, Sammy, Franzen, and Flip, none of which are consistent 2nd line scorers. I'm just laughing at the timing of this thread.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Like I think was already mentioned, I'm most concerned with locking up our assets first - extending Zetterberg and re-signing Cleary and Lilja top priority because they are UFA

after that next priority is locking up both Filpulla and Ericsson with long-term deals, as they are both RFA

After that is done - depending on how he does here: I wouldn't mind seeing Stuart re-signed long term, as long as it comes in at 3 a season or less

Next, re-sign Downey, Quincey, Oulahen and Koopmans

Once this is all done, I would like to see them gauge what they can spend cap wise and then go after these guys in this order (if they're not re-signed by then):

*Keep in mind - I'm omitting guys that we obviously can't afford and if these guys actually wanted to come here for a reasonable price, they're no brainers (i.e. Marian Hossa, Markus Naslund)

LIST 1:

Brian Rolston - UFA

Jarrett Stoll - RFA

Vaclav Prospal - UFA

Marek Svatos - RFA

Michael Ryder - UFA

Daymond Langkow

Miroslav Satan - UFA

Also, depending on what we've got in the 4th lines roles, I would LOVE to see these guys offered a deal, if the price is right:

LIST 2:

Georges Laraque - UFA

Todd Fedoruk - UFA

Matt Bradley - UFA

Finally, if we don't lock up Stuart and/or Lilja - I would like to see us go after one physical defensemen from these guys:

LIST 3:

Brooks Orpik - UFA

Andrej Meszaros - RFA

James Wisniewski - RFA

Shea Weber - RFA

Wade Redden - UFA

Christian Ehrhoff - RFA

All said and done (considering retirements as well) - if they go out and get at least these signings down (plus maybe trading away Samuelsson - a guy can hope...) our roster for 08-09 would look like this:

Filpulla - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Zetterberg - (List 1)

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Hudler - Kopecky - Downey/Samuelsson/McCarty?/(List 2)

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart/(List 3)

Ericsson/Meech/Lebda - Chelios/Lilja

Osgood

Howard

that looks pretty damn good to me... personally, I would like to see an off-season trade as well shipping out Lebda and Samuelsson - I like Lebda a lot, but I just think there are too many guys that deserve the shot more than him and Sammy has worn out his welcome...

Edited by stevkrause

Finally, if we don't lock up Stuart and/or Lilja - I would like to see us go after one physical defensemen from these guys:

LIST 3:

Brooks Orpik - UFA

Andrej Meszaros - RFA

James Wisniewski - RFA

Shea Weber - RFA

Wade Redden - UFA

Christian Ehrhoff - RFA

I am all for James on our team... good ol' local boy and a semi-close friend of my sisters... that would be pretty sweet having him back playing puck for a michigan team!

Edited by OsGOD

What about a Fabian Brunnstrom and Mikael Johansson duo. They both play for Farjestad in Sweden right now and are on one of the best teams.

Try to pick up Hossa over the summer.

i don't understand the constant thought of a need for anymore defensemen. all i've seen is great quality play from guys like Meech, Quincey & Ericsson. also we have Kindl who is supposedly better than all of the guys i just mentioned. if we go after anyone in the off-season it has to be some kind of scoring ability on our second line.