• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TK19

Toledo Walleye

Rate this topic

So this is 9 days old, but after the Toledo Storm team ceased opperations to build a new arena ive been searching to find out what the new Toledo hockey franchise would be named. And they chose the "Toledo Walleye" initially i didnt like it but it makes sense. Although i dont care too much for the colors, Gold and 3 different shades of blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_Walleye

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...-1%2FARCHIVES30

Also to note in the toledo blade article they actually considered "peckerheads" as a nickname.

But i wonder if the Wings will continue an affiliation with the new Toledo team starting in 2009. I kind of hope so it was fun watching possible future Red Wings.

btw i searched the forum and couldnt find anything on here about this. Hope its not a duplicate thread.

They may send some players there, but with Flint and Grand Rapids as affiliates for the ECHL and AHL, I'm not sure hom many more prospects they have available.

Flint isnt in the ECHL. The new Toledo franchise will be back in the ECHL though

First Hockey game I ever saw was Toledo Storm against Roanoke - Toledo won 10-1 :)

Ive been to so many Storm games i couldnt tell you the first one i went too. All for the most part were a great time though. If you were a fan of fights it was the place to go, especially if they played Dayton.

It would be difficult for the Wings to give up their current affiliates. The Blue Jackets might start a relationship with the Walleye....once they stop being the minor league affiliate for the rest of the NHL! <_<

I dunno. I always thought the Red Wings and city of Toledo had a good relationship. Who knows though? But with the new colors maybe Toledo plans to go in another direction with an affiliate or not one at all.

Im too young too know, but were the Toledo Goaldiggers, Toledo Blades, etc farm teams of the Red Wings back in the day?

Ugh, Walleye.....Storm was so much better. At least they're getting hockey back soon in Toledo. I've been to a lot of Storm games in my time.

I said the same thing when i read thats the new nickname. But it does make sense. I just wish they picked better colors, not a fan of gold and 3 different shades of blue. I guess ill wait to see an actual uniform before i decide if the colors are bad or not.

I too am glad hockey will be back in Toledo, i cant wait.

Edited by TK19

I like it. Better name than Storm, makes more sense for the area, and finally that childish hand-drawn Storm logo is permanently replaced. I think the colors will be okay, although I think there should be some green in there.

I like it. Better name than Storm, makes more sense for the area, and finally that childish hand-drawn Storm logo is permanently replaced. I think the colors will be okay, although I think there should be some green in there.

That's true about the Storm. With a cool name like that, it's amazing that they managed to come up with such a terrible logo. They had to try to suck at it.