• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WTF: San Jose scores GWG off protective netting

Rate this topic

Sorry, but the third San Jose goal tonight deserves its own thread.

That was a ******* joke. The fact that that play is NOT reviewable is just another notch in the the "Mickey Mouse League" belt.

If I see ANY of these referees and linesman see a wink of the Stanley Cup Playoffs I'll flip my lid.

In a league that prides itself on parity -- especially when points are important at this point in the season -- the fact that the referees missed that call when over 20,000+ had no problem with it is deplorable.

*******. Joke.

You do realize that the game is ongoing at this point, right? (And that that goal is the difference in the game as it stands.)

Anyway, it shouldn't take a monstrous screw up by the referees like that to realize that a play like that CAN happen... It's just not forward thinking and just falls back to the MML feel.

Ridiculous.

Guest Crymson
Sorry, but the third San Jose goal tonight deserves its own thread.

That was a ******* joke. The fact that that play is NOT reviewable is just another notch in the the "Mickey Mouse League" belt.

If I see ANY of these referees and linesman see a wink of the Stanley Cup Playoffs I'll flip my lid.

In a league that prides itself on parity -- especially when points are important at this point in the season -- the fact that the referees missed that call when over 20,000+ had no problem with it is deplorable.

*******. Joke.

I agree. How difficult is it to make things reviewable, especially given how many games have been ruined by single bad calls that can't be reviewed?

I'm on the verge of calling it quits with the NHL. It's just too much.

Edit: I also must thank the NHL for providing this game to me on a horrible NHL Center Ice feed. It's not so nice to know that they're willing to provide such a sub-par product to those fans hardcore enough to purchase it.

Edited by Crymson

Unbelievable. Lost at least a point tonight in what's now a competition for first in the conference because we've got assclowns for referees and a rulebook.

There's absolutely NO excuse why that play cannot be reviewable.

None.

Guest Crymson
Unbelievable. Lost at least a point tonight in what's now a competition for first in the conference because we've got assclowns for referees and a rulebook.

None.

It almost seems that the NHL is out to lose fans. Pucks off the netting. Bulls*** interference calls nullifying thrilling last-minute goals at home on national television. And they still won't make these game-crushing calls reviewable. Unbelievable.

At this stage, I hope Gary Bettman gets hit by a car. I kid you not. Those owners who are selfish enough to keep him in office can go to the moon.

The exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago at the Michigan versus Miami hockey game. Michigan is winning, I think it was 5-4, puck hits the mesh, refs don't catch it, Miami scores, game ends in a tie. Again, not reviewable. While it doesn't happen that often, something obviously needs to be done.

None.

that was bulls***. i can't believe that s***.

and if you watch the ref that is suppose to be watching that s*** he's looking off in lala land. ******* refs with another win for the other team.

There's absolutely NO excuse why that play cannot be reviewable.None.

I am ******* livid! You are 100% right...then the refs call some bulls*** penalties on the sharks to try and give us one...that's the problem with the game...Mickey just hit the nail on the head, "It just makes us look bush-league"

This shouldn't happen. We are taking in unecessary losses now. Dan O'Hollaran, and now this. Four fricking refs on the ice and they all miss the most obvious thing ever.

Bulls***, this isn't in the criteria. Make it the criteria right then and there, review it and call it. We can lose without stupid mistakes, and we shouldn't have our winning chances taken away because of stupid refs.

Guest Jeremy88

This game and the anaheim game make the NHL look more like professional wrestling

I'm on the verge of calling it quits with the NHL. It's just too much.

Funny you should mention this, the last couple days I've been thinking, "I'm getting sick of Hockey, I can't wait until the Tigers get going". I never say stuff like that, usually it's, "I follow Baseball once the Red Wings Season is over."

It's kind of sad. This losing streak isn't effecting me at all. Usually during Wings losing streaks, I'm sick to my stomic. This one, nothing.

Not much sympathy for the Wings from this fan. Yeah, it was a horrible call, and it's even worse that it cannot be reviewed. But you know what? That is why you play until you hear the whistle. I don't care if you saw it hit the net and thought the play would be called. When it wasn't, you keep going. San Jose did, and they scored. We stood there like a bunch of idiots with our thumbs up our ass. Again, terrible call. However, the outcome of the call could have been avoided if the Wings had decided to keep going when they did not hear a whistle. And please don't tell me most players wouldn't keep going because the fact that San Jose scored totally contradicts that. You play until you hear the whistle, period. Having a cousin in hockey who I am very close to, I know that that is reinforced to hockey players from the time they start playing. Before you all attack me, please notice again that I said it was a beyond horrible call and it is an embarrassment for the league. But the outcome could have been avoided by the Wings.