• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedArmy

Is Crosby the best player in the world?

Rate this topic

Don't mind me, just taking a seat.

popcorn.jpg

good call! I love how on the internet discussion about one player being the best turns into heated debate about who invented hockey and how important goals vs assists are statistically.

This latest e-fight has had me wondering though. If I were a GM in some strange parallel universe and both AO and Sid were UFA's and I could afford one.... which one do I take?

I really don't like Crosby (from all the hype) but I'd probably still take him... maybe..

finally AO and Malking getting much deserved attention:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=355948

"With Crosby healthy, Malkin was playing on Crosby’s left side. With the captain out, Penguins coach Michel Therrien shifted Malkin to center, his natural position. Ever since the move, he has raced up the Art Ross Trophy chart, and now is hearing his name associated with the Hart Trophy as League MVP."

As talented as Crosby is the team is build around him, but if you think about you could probably do the same around Malkin as his English gets better;)

I don't know about that. Datsyuk steals the puck more than Zetterberg. I trust both of them to chase down a breakaway and lift the stick, but I think Datsyuk probably the better of the pair at defense.

Datsyuk probably has the best footing and balance of any player out there. He's not a big dude, but he knocks people down just by moving is torso and shouldering them with his big ole no neck shoulders.

The way I call it is that Zetterberg is the better forechecker, and Dats is the better neutral zone defense. D is always batting away passes, lifting sticks, stealing pucks and generally forcing the fowards to make bad decisions.

While I agree that Dats steals more pucks, I still think Z backchecks better. And although I agree that Z forechecks harder, I can't say that he does it better because I think Dats role requires him to spend more time in the slot or to the sides of the goal rather than behind it.

That's all pretty much semantics tho.

I agree.

Except when some newbie starts hurling insults from left field I sort of have to put him in his place. I guess I could use the ignore button but that's no fun.

Newbies are also the reason these threads still pop up, but often they can offer good insight as to who is better and why.