#121 Deke

Deke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ March 5, 2008 - 05:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which guy has gotten his team to the playoffs,

Since when did single guys get their teams to playoffs? You know hockey is played with a team right? Usually 3 forwards, 2 defenders and 1 goalie at one time on the ice. Or 12 fowards 6 Defensemen and 2 goalies total. I mention this because you sound like you haven't seen a hockey game in a while, you might have forgotten how it's played.

It is not the Sydney Penguins there pal.

Have you even heard of a guy named Malkin? You may be suprised to learn he plays for the Pittsburg Crosbys too! He had 85 points last year, his rookie year. Sure Crosby got 120, but 70% of those (84) were assists. 85 points you say? Why, that's more than Crosby's rookie year of 63!

All that really means is that sid touched the puck before one of his team mates decided to put it in the net for him.

*JOHN MADDEN* Ya seeee, the team with the most goals scored, wins the hockey game. BAM! *JOHN MADDEN*

You'll notice that Mr. Madden said goals, not assists.

Another stat:

The penguins have 3.10 avg goals for without crosby and 2.87 goals with.

Let's face it, if Crosby was the second coming of christ like you kids are making him out to be, the Penguins would have fallen apart and lost their playoff hopes while he was gone. Now they are #1 in the east.

Crosby contributes, but you guys act like he's IS the penguins.

Look, in all intarwebz arguements aside, the penguins are a great team and Crosby is definetly a factor. He's a brilliant leader for his age, and plays with a ton of heart. All things I said like 3 pages and 2 trolls ago. But you guys don't watch enough hockey if you really think he's the best.

The fact is arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even when you win, you're still retarded. I'm just slightly less retarded than you.

Edited by Deke, 05 March 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#122 ashenhigh

ashenhigh

Career 4th Line Forward

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ March 5, 2008 - 11:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't want to f*** with me newbie.

Scoring titles aren't awarded for most goals. It's most points junior. So you've got a hard on for AO, wow. So do I and so does everyone else on the planet.

Sid has a superior points per game output to Ovechkin. Sid has an Art Ross and a Pearson. So even the players in the National Hockey League voted him the best in the game last year. His team has made it to the playoffs. AO's has not.

Everyone knows they are 2 of the best players in the game today. Calling one of them better than the other should be taken with a grain of salt as they are totally different types of players, playing different positions. The same goes for Lidstrom, the best defender in the game.

How exactly did I fail at math? Did I not add correctly or something?

And yet another newb who tosses out the "you don't watch hockey" crap. What are you, like 14 years old or something?

If you want to come at me with that much emphasis. At least bring your A game.

But like I said already, don't get on my bad side. I'll pound the dog snot out of you so fast you'll be logging in under a different user name before you know it.

Got that junior.

PS: Deke, you want to adress Toby's comment about AO playing only 9 seconds/game of PK time. You are the one who said he's a better PKer. Can you answer that for us you twit?

dude, take Sid's and AO's cock out of your mouth. Put AO with malkin and see how many more points AO gets.

#123 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ March 5, 2008 - 02:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right. He's a goalie, right? tongue.gif

Actually, many may say Luongo.

#124 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

You know how I know Crosby's amazing, he'll be getting paid 8.7M per season... Many say he's still underpaid.

#125 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ March 5, 2008 - 08:52AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jesus Christ Eva. You are the biggest freaking Zetterberg slappy i've ever seen. There isn't a team in the league that wouldnt' take Crosby or Ovechkin over Zetterberg.

ZETTERBERG IS NOT THE #1 RORWARD IN THE LEAGUE. HE ISN"T EVEN THE #1 PLAYER ON THE WINGS.

2+ months ago I said Datsyuk would lead the Wings in points by the end of the year. And that was when Z had a multi digit lead on him. Dats is going to lead the team in points again and probably win another Selke. More points, best defensive forward = DATSYUK > ZETTERBERG.

That statement of yours is one of the most ridiculous i've seen in years.

Dats has never won the Selke. Draper, Yzermann and Feds have. Dats has won the Lady Byng the last two years

Do or do not. There is no try

#126 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

punk.gif punk.gif
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#127 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Don't mind me, just taking a seat.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#128 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (edicius @ March 5, 2008 - 05:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't mind me, just taking a seat.

good call! I love how on the internet discussion about one player being the best turns into heated debate about who invented hockey and how important goals vs assists are statistically.

This latest e-fight has had me wondering though. If I were a GM in some strange parallel universe and both AO and Sid were UFA's and I could afford one.... which one do I take?

I really don't like Crosby (from all the hype) but I'd probably still take him... maybe..
thanks offsides!

#129 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

Crosby best player? No way.

Cat's name is Nick Lidstrom.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#130 RedArmy

RedArmy

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

finally AO and Malking getting much deserved attention:

http://www.nhl.com/n...rticleid=355948

"With Crosby healthy, Malkin was playing on Crosby’s left side. With the captain out, Penguins coach Michel Therrien shifted Malkin to center, his natural position. Ever since the move, he has raced up the Art Ross Trophy chart, and now is hearing his name associated with the Hart Trophy as League MVP."

As talented as Crosby is the team is build around him, but if you think about you could probably do the same around Malkin as his English gets better;)

#131 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Deke @ March 5, 2008 - 02:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about that. Datsyuk steals the puck more than Zetterberg. I trust both of them to chase down a breakaway and lift the stick, but I think Datsyuk probably the better of the pair at defense.

Datsyuk probably has the best footing and balance of any player out there. He's not a big dude, but he knocks people down just by moving is torso and shouldering them with his big ole no neck shoulders.

The way I call it is that Zetterberg is the better forechecker, and Dats is the better neutral zone defense. D is always batting away passes, lifting sticks, stealing pucks and generally forcing the fowards to make bad decisions.

While I agree that Dats steals more pucks, I still think Z backchecks better. And although I agree that Z forechecks harder, I can't say that he does it better because I think Dats role requires him to spend more time in the slot or to the sides of the goal rather than behind it.

That's all pretty much semantics tho.

"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#132 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ March 5, 2008 - 04:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree.

Except when some newbie starts hurling insults from left field I sort of have to put him in his place. I guess I could use the ignore button but that's no fun.

Newbies are also the reason these threads still pop up, but often they can offer good insight as to who is better and why.

#133 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:34 AM

Wow. I missed a lot. What an entertaining thread this became!

Dumbest guy of all time - Deke.
Rough as guts.