• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/5 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blues 1

Rate this topic

Matt: Get some of us some tickets and we'll meet up :thumbup:

Lets give the Blues the pounding they deserve after shutting us out last time.

You hear that, Legace? SHUT OUT. SHUT OUT. SHUT OUT. More like, BLOW OUT. BLOW OUT. BLOW OUT.

Question:

Do people with center ice in Canada (westren) still be able to watch this game on Center ice?

I remember last time NHL network did that I could still watch it with my package

good question. When NHLN-CA takes the games from Center Ice, I can still see them in the US.

Damned Bettman. I want a refund on all the games I am losing this season. :angry:

By the way, all of us lucky saps who paid for CI this season will be losing the March 28 game, as well (Wings and Blues again).

:(

Edited by puckloo39

Ericsbigson lets his 100mph slapper go to put Manny in the net eating the biscuit!!!

Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey style

Well it is one of only a few Wings games I get here at Purdue, so they decided to schedule an exam for me during the second half of the game.

That being the case, I require at least 5 goals and 2 fights before I have to leave for my exam.

That is all, GO WINGS

Question:

Do people with center ice in Canada (westren) still be able to watch this game on Center ice?

I remember last time NHL network did that I could still watch it with my package

Last time it was only on the NHL network for me, but maybe it will be the St.Louis feed on center ice

Wings baby, Wings. On a roll. they will redeem themselves with a nice relaxed central division month and a half. Sure the central has been bad to Wings so far, but this is where they make is all correct in the way the central is supposed to play out. 13-2 to finish the year. PASHA and Hank make a statement on the rest of the NHL that the Wings are for real in the West.

anyways, tonight's win will be 3 - 1 WINGS.

Kronner continues his great play with a hat trick.

Boyes pops one in on us, he is pretty good.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe (well, I can) that the NHL and Bettman have not fixed the issue of games being shown on the NHL Network (which hardly anyone gets) not being shown on Center Ice. We've been ripped off and given the bait and switch!!

Below is a letter that you can copy and paste (and edit to your situation) to send to Gary Bettman at gbettman@nhl.com:

Dear Gary Bettman/NHL heads,

At the beginning of this year's NHL season, I paid an additional $145 to my cable provider to receive the NHL Center Ice package... which was advertised as allowing me to be able to watch every NHL game this season. It has been great, and I really love being able to watch so much hockey... especially my favorite team, the Detroit Red Wings, since I no longer live in Michigan and cannot get the local television feeds.

However, over the past couple months since the NHL Network has been introduced in the United States, there have been games that I have not been able to watch on the Center Ice Package... because they are only being shown on the NHL Network. I called my cable provider (Time Warner), and the friendly customer service representative told me that they do not offer the NHL Network to their subscribers yet. Even if they did -- as I assume based on the way it is with the cable/satellite providers that do offer the NHL Network -- it would cost me an additional monthly amount to subscribe to the NHL Network.

This does not make sense at all to me and I think it is ridiculous, and ultimately, going to hurt the NHL fan base. Why should I have to pay more money than I have already paid, to watch NHL games, when I had already been told that I would be able to watch them all? Why isn't the NHL Network part of the Center Ice package??? Or why aren't the games shown on the NHL Network also shown on Center Ice??? Even if I could subscribe to the NHL Network, I wouldn't, because I feel like I am being completely ripped off. I am a huge hockey and NHL fan, and this whole TV debacle really makes me think twice about giving any more of my money to the NHL... to television subscriptions, to tickets to games, to apparel, or to anything NHL related. I know that many other fans are starting to think the same way. Look at a lot of the popular hockey markets... Detroit, Chicago, New Jersey, New York, etc... attendance is down this year because the game is just getting to be too expensive to be a fan of. These ridiculous bait and switch tactics with your television contracts is only making the situation worse. Your average hockey fan just can't afford to spend this much money, just to be able to watch the games at home on their television!!

Wake up!! It really turns people off when you rip them off by pulling a bait and switch and not providing them with a product that was promised, and then to make them pay more for what they originally thought they would get.

Every hockey fan would truly appreciate any and every effort you could make to straighten this situation out and let fans watch the games that they were promised...

I am going to miss another game tonight... the Red Wings vs. St. Louis ... because this game is on the NHL Network, and NOT ON NHL CENTER ICE!!! Do I have any other options???

Sincerely,

A very concerned and upset hockey fan...

(and maybe not one much longer)

---------------

http://www.FireBettman.com

Edited by JoePuckster

I understand it's frustrating for people who subscribed to Center Ice that the games are being pulled when shown on the NHL Network, and I understand the reason behind the heated submissions to the NHL, but I don't think they can re-work it to broadcast for the people who's local cable provider refuses to carry the NHL Network. I highly doubt each regional market would want to go through the motions of having their stuff reconfigured unfortunately.

My cable company decided to carry NHL Network. When I pointed out the discrepancy to them about how I was losing games out of my Center Ice package to the new channel, they immediately apologized and worked over a Sunday to get my broadcast fixed. (I even managed to get someone who knew what hockey was, and what the network was without too much hassle!)

However, I haven't watched NHL Network for games in a long.. LONG time. I don't remember - do they show it via FSN? Or do they do their own feed with their own commentary? I have the option of watching it on NHL Network, or watching it on FSN Midwest (St. Louis announcers... FTL!) I just want to know if there'd be a difference in watching on either channel as far as the announcers are concerned? Does anyone happen to know?

How is it that so many people don't have access to the game? I thought when the NHL Network was finally coming to the US, it would be available for everyone.

DirecTV has it, which is good. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the game tonight, so I'll probably DVR it and watch some other time.

How is it that so many people don't have access to the game? I thought when the NHL Network was finally coming to the US, it would be available for everyone.

DirecTV has it, which is good. I don't know if I'll be able to watch the game tonight, so I'll probably DVR it and watch some other time.

It would be, IF the local cable company decides to carry NHLN. The problem is that local cable providers (like Time Warner, Austin Texas) don't have to offer NHLN, and therefore, they do not. They say that the programming -- what games Center Ice shows -- is up to Center Ice, and has nothing to do with Time Warner [true].

So, many of us who paid full price for Center Ice lost up to 30 games this season, Wings and others, without our consent, and with no recourse.

I think all 10 Red Wings fans in Austin -- that has to be about all of us here, right -- are LGW members. So, we are out of luck for an alternative if SOPcast doesn't work, which it usually does not on my home computer. I have resigned myself to missing the Wings games that NHL network pirated from Center Ice without my permission, or anyone elses' who got ripped off. Nice. <_<

no u dont, go here:

http://golf.cautela.nl/nhl/16350-hockey-to...-streaming.html

and use sopcast to watch the game

Thanks!

We have NHL Network, but of course it's part of an upgrade subscription package. I already paid 150 bucks to see all the games, now I have to pay more? f*** you Time Warner.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings