• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

How are we liking Brad Stuart?

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

3 games, +3, 2 wins.

I was at the San Jose game and thought he was our most physical player. I always seem to notice when he hits somebody because he goes at them hard.

I'm liking what I see thus far.

Anybody not happy?

And who was it that posted Stuart wouldn't be physical? I think he's been plenty physical so far.

[sarcasm]

Yeah but when is going to stop playing physical?! Obviously Holland and Babcock's message are definitely not getting through to him!

[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]

Yeah but when is going to stop playing physical?! Obviously Holland and Babcock's message are definitely not getting through to him!

[/sarcasm]

Are you reffering to the thread entitled "Stuart Wont be Physical"? :blink:

i've always thought he was a good player...but it's a bit early to tell how he fits into the system when we have a healthy defense...

personally i see him being our #4 D-man with Kronwall when everyones healthy, but we'll see...

I think he's looked great thus far and should really relish in his role once Lidstrom comes back. Not any pressure to be a Top 2 here, just play hard, finish your checks and get in some spot duty with the No. 2 PP unit.

He's looked good and will only get better.

Guest octopusdank

i love him already, he had a big presence last night i think, he delivered a few good hits, and i think he fits into our passing style good. the game was on nhl net. hopefully he continues the physical play (but i think thats what they said 'your gonna do' when he got here)

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Are you reffering to the thread entitled "Stuart Wont be Physical"? :blink:

That was the thread I was referring to.

I think he is playing great!

He knows when to jump into plays, he is finishing his checks, he even had a nice blocked shot against blues, right at the net, that may have gone in if it werent for him

After his first game, he seemed to tone down little bit and looking to be in adjustment period. He's been very steady and solid but it is too early to tell how good he can be until he figures it out.

I like him. I hope we can reach a nice, good deal with him. Samuelsson's contract ends this year... hopefully we don't reach an agreement and find another player + Stuart.

I'll be the dissenting opinion, I guess.

Stuart has been good, much better than I ever thought he would be, but he's still a completely unnecessary addition. Our defensive depth is much better than it was last year, whereas our offensive depth is gross. I would've preferred even another Samuelsson-type 3rd-liner-wishes-he-was-a-2nd-liner over Stuart.

I also hope we don't re-sign him, as we don't need him, we don't have room for him, and I certainly don't want to spend another 3m-3.5m on a defenseman.

Edited by nkuehnl

Stuart has been good, much better than I ever thought he would be, but he's still a completely unnecessary addition. Our defensive depth is much better than it was last year, whereas our offensive depth is gross. I would've preferred even another Samuelsson-type 3rd-liner-wishes-he-was-a-2nd-liner over Stuart.

Say (God forbid) the Wings get into the same situation as last year and Rafalski and Kronwall go down. Is Stuart "unnecessary" then?

This is why Stuart was acquired.

Edited by ARice89

I'll be the dissenting opinion, I guess.

I also hope we don't re-sign him, as we don't need him, we don't have room for him, and I certainly don't want to spend another 3m-3.5m on a defenseman.

I agree. But the sad thing is, these days in the NHL, defensive depth will get you further in the playoffs than scoring.

Look at Anaheim last year. Yes, they had 2 very good lines, but it wasn't like they were blowing people out with their offense. They're defense is what won them the Cup - in all 3 zones.

The same thing is happening this year with both Anaheim and San Jose. Detroit will be no different. We'll have to get lots of support offensively and defensivley from the back end while pray to the hockey gods that players like Drake, Franzen, Sammy, Hudler and Cleary score timely goals and Osgood can make the big save when needed.

I know this is off-topic but Babcock said on XM last night that when the Wings are forced to dump and chase and battle for loose pucks, it's amazing how small we are. That's why he said it's imparitive that they never just throw the puck away. They're far too small to play teams like Anaheim or Calgary in that crash-bang kind of way.

I'm liking Stuart already and think he will only get better. I would like him to stay, if the price is right, and hopefully he can be a replacement for Lilja. But with the way Meech has stood out and how Ericsson looks to be coming along I would not be surprised if both Lilja and Stuart are not asked back.