• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Deke

Kopecky Haters

Rate this topic

Hudler is an easy one, he runs his mouth but cant back it up. Dont dish it out if you cant take it.

I dont understand why everyone goes after Kopecky, the guys a nothing hockey player, he's european so his english probably isnt great, he doesnt cheapshot or anything. Maybe he should start fights with Patrick Sharp more and get a tough rep :P.

I'm not talking about the fans hating him, I think he's great.

I'm just trying to figure out why so many NHL players cheap shot him night in and night out. He's gotta be one of the most picked on players in the game.

I don't think Kopecky is the only one on the Wings that get cheap shots. Other teams still believe if you play rough and tough, the Wings will fold. The Wings are made up of mostly Europeans and rightly or wrongly a lot of teams believe this is the way to play them. As we get closer to the playoffs we will see a lot more of this physical play against the Wings.

Side Note: OsGod your Avatar is so disturbing on many levels. You see a sexy body in a french maid outfit and get just blasted by that God awful face. :scared: I might be blinded for a few days, but I will recover. You hace a wicked sence of humor and it was very funny.

Kopecky is weak and brittle. That is why everyone goes after him.

Hockey players do their research. Heck, Alex Burrows knew Downey had a potato farm, meaning he probably reads MLive. These guys all have internet access, and they all know their opponent. I'm sure guys are aware Kopecky has quickly become injury prone, especially players on the other Central Division teams.

It's either that, or Kopecky likes to talk trash, and given the fact that he doesn't speak good English, it probably pisses people off that this European, who never fights, is going around talking s***.

It could go either way, or it could be something else nobody even knows about. Who only knows; whatever the case, I'm not a Kopecky fan by any stretch, and really wouldn't be disappointed if he was out of the lineup. With him out, both Downey and McCarty are in, meaning more physical play and more entertainment.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I have been wondering why other teams run at this kid so much myself.

I have watched teams cheap shot him, take runs at him and always seem to finish there checks on him....

I have come to the conclusion that he is mostly on the ice with the other teams 3rd or 4th line, He is fairly big, He has a mouth on him and he is the new kid on the block. That my friends is why he gets picked on.......

post-10204-1205330842.jpg

Just look at him, he has some size and yet he looks so soft, makes me want to take a shot at him.........

All BS aside though, I like this kid, He has alot of hustle, always skates hard from end to end, soft hands, tries to make plays (unlike sammy), I think he needs to get more physical and learn some D

My 2 Cents

I'm starting to the think the rest of the NHL hates Czechs. But I can't figure out why. Hudler gets picked on these days too.

What gives? Why do you guys think he gets beaten down every game?

I hadn't noticed that Kopay gets bashed all that badly on LGW. I like him, personally, thoughI am not sure he's had the best of breaks this season as a player... neither has Hudler. It's really tough to shine on a team like the Wings, what with the level of players they're surrounded by night after night.

As for collective hatred of Czechs, I think most of the Czech players I can think of share one common characteristic: they're not North American.

I think what sets some fans off [no one in particular, no one here, necessarily] is the really great Czech players* are very confident in their own abilities, don't take any crap off of anybody, play their game the way they know best, which is usually amazing -- and don't really give a rip what anyone else thinks. They're not especially politically correct in their media presence and tend to say what they are thinking, if it's relevant. Otherwise, they say nothing.

It doesn't always serve them well with the average, casual fan. Of course in LGW, "all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average." If you know where that quote is from, you are very smart indeed. :hehe:

Smart players (and fans) appreciate the skills, rather than focusing on the nation of origin.

*Hasek, Jagr, Hejduk, Elias, Nedved, Vokoun, Vyborny... to name a few.