• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frederick9125

would you?

Rate this topic

No no no , you don't just trade away your captain , your future captain and two high picks , sure we'd get Ovi who'd lead us for years and a great young Defencive prospect in Green but thats no way to repay Lids and Zetts loyalty to the Wings . respect,gratitude and honor can be more important.

Would you trade

Zetts, Lids, and 1st or 2nd

for

Ovechkin, and Green

Next year

thank god ur not the gm you must be outside your mind. 1st off nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, second off hell no to trading for that contract of his. Wow what made you think of this.

Hmm.

Ovechkin for Zetterberg straight is probably a fair swap. they're both among the truly elite forwards in the league.

So the question is...is Mike Green worth Nicklas Lidstrom and a first rounder?

HELL NO.

Datsyuk and a 2nd for Ovie is as high as I would go. Green has no place in Detroit as the Wings already have Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall.

Hmm.

Ovechkin for Zetterberg straight is probably a fair swap. they're both among the truly elite forwards in the league.

Eva...come on.

While I agree that when Zetterberg is playing at his highest level (i.e. the beginning of this season) he is arguably the best forward in the league, there's no chance in hell Ovechkin for Zetterberg is a fair swap.

Hank is five years older than Ovechkin and has never matched Ovechkin's numbers in any single season. Now, Zetterberg is the better defensive forward of the two but Ovechkin's age cancels that out. Plus, Zetterberg has chronic back issues.

A left winger of Ovechkin's caliber is extremely rare. The guy is 22 years old, 6'2" 220 pounds and is going to score 60 goals this year.

Eva...come on.

While I agree that when Zetterberg is playing at his highest level (i.e. the beginning of this season) he is arguably the best forward in the league, there's no chance in hell Ovechkin for Zetterberg is a fair swap.

Hank is five years older than Ovechkin and has never matched Ovechkin's numbers in any single season. Now, Zetterberg is the better defensive forward of the two but Ovechkin's age cancels that out. Plus, Zetterberg has chronic back issues.

A left winger of Ovechkin's caliber is extremely rare. The guy is 22 years old, 6'2" 220 pounds and is going to score 60 goals this year.

Eva will come back now with some bizzarre stats to disprove you. You walked into his death trap. :D

Eva...come on.

Would you have said Selanne had more trade value than Yzerman in 1992-93? Because that's the closest comparison I've found to Z vs Ovechkin as far as ages, plus a two-way forward who is very good in both ends compared to a guy who is an elite goal scorer and decent playmaker, but lacking in other areas.

Would you have said Selanne had more trade value than Yzerman in 1992-93? Because that's the closest comparison I've found to Z vs Ovechkin as far as ages, plus a two-way forward who is very good in both ends compared to a guy who is an elite goal scorer and decent playmaker, but lacking in other areas.

So you honestly think that if Holland called McPhee and said, "I'll give you Zetterberg for Ovechkin straight-up," McPhee would do it?

You're dreaming.

Hmm.

So the question is...is Mike Green worth Nicklas Lidstrom and a first rounder?

HELL NO.

Datsyuk and a 2nd for Ovie is as high as I would go. Green has no place in Detroit as the Wings already have Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall.

LOL

Zetterberg for Ovechin is not a fair swap! No GM in the league would make that trade except Holland -GUARANTEED. Try Zetterberg and 2 first round picks and I'm still not convinced Washington would look twice at the deal. You'd probably have to give up two sure fire prospects -not picks. And this is strictly from a game perspective. Business-wise Ovechkin is close to irreplaceable.

So you're saying you'd have traded Yzerman for Selanne in 92-93 then?

What does that have to do with anything?

I'm saying no sane GM would trade Ovechkin for Zetterberg straight up.

What does that have to do with anything?

I'm saying no sane GM would trade Ovechkin for Zetterberg straight up.

It's a hell of a lot closer to reality than what the op posted.

EDIT: Just for clarification...if you consider Zetterberg and a 1st fair for Ovechkin, you are still giving up Lidstrom for Green. That's INSANE.

Edited by eva unit zero

2 line pass reinstated=ovi losing alot of points, please notice that there are alot of goals he scores where he just sits back near the red line, while the other team pressures and waits for the feed up ice. Wonder why the caps are on the outside looking in? The wings only have 16 more GF then they do, but, but 51 GA less? Its not just because of our defensive unit, its because our forwards are some of the best 2 way players in the league. Id say if you want to goto the playoffs, where defense, not offense is the key, Id take Zetts over Ovi any day of the week and twice on sundays.

LOL

Zetterberg for Ovechin is not a fair swap! No GM in the league would make that trade except Holland -GUARANTEED. Try Zetterberg and 2 first round picks and I'm still not convinced Washington would look twice at the deal. You'd probably have to give up two sure fire prospects -not picks. And this is strictly from a game perspective. Business-wise Ovechkin is close to irreplaceable.

Detroit wouldn't do it just because of Ovechkin's contract.

you're retarded if you wouldn't do this trade. Lidstrom will retire in like 2 years and Z is in his late 20s. Ovie is what 22?? Hes gonna score 60 somethin no one since mario has done its so sick. I would trade Lidstrom and Z straight up for him. Greeen is just a nice gesture by the caps to throw him in there. Losing Lids would suck but we will lose him to retirement in 2 years anyhow... can u imagine Dats and Ovechkin?? GOD LIKE!!

you're retarded if you wouldn't do this trade. Lidstrom will retire in like 2 years and Z is in his late 20s. Ovie is what 22?? Hes gonna score 60 somethin no one since mario has done its so sick. I would trade Lidstrom and Z straight up for him. Greeen is just a nice gesture by the caps to throw him in there. Losing Lids would suck but we will lose him to retirement in 2 years anyhow... can u imagine Dats and Ovechkin?? GOD LIKE!!

You would SERIOUSLY trade two of the five best players in the league for one guy?

I'm speechless.