Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - McCarty*

Downey - Kopecky - Drake

What it WILL be:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Drake

Hudler - Kopecky - Samuelsson

*Assumes McCarty earns a full-time roster spot.

I am a fan of Hudler but he is useless on the 4th line. I know he made the most out of his limited ice-time last season, but this year he is invisible unless he gets top-six minutes; and even then he is hot and cold. Samuelsson brings nothing to this team except 748324327814 shots a game, all of which will end up high-and-wide or hit the goalie square in the chest. Downey and Drake bring more important playoff qualities (Grit/Toughness/Physical Presence) than those two will. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Samuelsson/Hudler are here after this offseason or, at the latest, next year's trade deadline...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Holly crap is all that i have to say.

Never thought that he was really going to make it to the big club this year. Thought the would finish the year up in GR and then be given a shot to tryout next year.

This is great news. I'm so happy to have him coming back. Hope he gets to play Sunday.

If Babcock wasnt the coach, then I'd imagine Downey and McCarty would play on the same nights. We're playing the Central division alot down the strech, and those are gonna be tough grind it out games. Guys like Hudler and Kopecky will get eaten alive (Hurt/Injured/Scared), guys like McCarty and Downey will finish what ever buisness the other teams start.

Oh you're right I forgot that success in the AHL always and I mean always equals success in the NHL right

No, but success in the NHL, success in the AHL, and then making it back to the NHL against all odds probbaly indicates there's a good chance McCarty will be successful in his second tenure in the NHL.

I see the links where it says he has been called up, but where does it say that he will be in the lineup Sunday?

There are none. People are getting a little ahead of themselves at the moment. I don't think Mac has even practiced with the Red Wings yet so playing in Sunday's game I think is wishful thinking. More likely Tuesday or even Thursday.

EDIT:

It is unclear if McCarty will play Tuesday at home against Chicago, but chances are his first game as a Red Wing since the 2003-04 season will be at Joe Louis Arena -- where he is expected to draw a sellout crowd -- because the club hosts Dallas on Thursday and Nashville next Saturday.

MLive

Sunday will not happen. Tuesday is a maybe, but Thursday is more likely.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Guest Canadian Wings
I can only hope it's Dallas Drake.

Drake has more value to our team then McCarty does, i can tell u that right now.

Seems like everybody on this boards wants to give McCarty a BJ. He's coming back for the money, not for the love of the game! Although i can't blame him lmao

Oh you're right I forgot that success in the AHL always and I mean always equals success in the NHL right

I don't think the wings are hoping that Mac leads them in points.He is coming up in hopes he can add a piece to the puzzel in terms of toughness,grit ,leadership,desire and make some more room for our skilled players, eliminate some of the chep shots they take by knowing what and when to do it. Mac may not be the toughest but he will stick up for his teamates ,fight anyone , and hopefully be able to play in more situations than most tough guys.

GO MAC GO !

Seems like everybody on this boards wants to give McCarty a BJ. He's coming back for the money, not for the love of the game! Although i can't blame him lmao
Well yeah, I can totally agree with you on that one, hah. I like McCarty though, always been a fan of his, and of course I want to see him in the line-up more than the next guy.. but I'm not going to cream over it.

And I think McCarty is playing for the money as well, but I know he is playing for the love of the game too.

Drake has more value to our team then McCarty does, i can tell u that right now.

wow..good added vaule tp the thread.

For anybody going to the game:

Check out the pregame skate and see if he's still the last one off the ice, I'm just curious.

He will be, he was with the Griffins.

was watchen tsn the other day and they had the top 10 pre game moments and it was with mcCarty and macarthy..they both wanted to be the last off the ice..to decide they played rock paper scissors...just wondering does anyone have a vid!?

McCarty may need the money, and need his career to restart, but I don't think a person could pull off what he did just for the money. No one can maintain that level of determination for a simple paycheck. So I'm sure love of the game is probably a little bigger than the money aspect, though he does need money supposedly.

If Babcock wasnt the coach, then I'd imagine Downey and McCarty would play on the same nights. We're playing the Central division alot down the strech, and those are gonna be tough grind it out games. Guys like Hudler and Kopecky will get eaten alive (Hurt/Injured/Scared), guys like McCarty and Downey will finish what ever buisness the other teams start.

I like your way of thinking.

What value does Drake exactly have? Besides killing penalties, which most of the forwards on the team are capable of doing anyways.

Regardless, I never said anything to the degree of what I thought Mac could provide to the team. It's an amazing comeback story, whether it be for the money or not, like you seem to believe.

Thanks for your remarkable insight to the situation.

What value does Drake exactly have? Besides killing penalties, which most of the forwards on the team are capable of doing anyways.

Regardless, I never said anything to the degree of what I thought Mac could provide to the team. It's an amazing comeback story, whether it be for the money or not, like you seem to believe.

Thanks for your remarkable insight to the situation.

Haha, I couldn't agree more. Drake is so damn useless. Here I thought when the Wings signed him, they'd be getting a physical player who'd go out and take guys heads off, making the Wings tougher and more feared. Yet, instead, they got another PK guy, which is something they didn't need at all, considering there are about six other guys on the team that already kill penalties on a regular basis.

I'm personally thrilled about McCarty coming back, and hopefully, he brings some form toughness into this lineup. It's really a crying shame that Downey is the only guy on this team who's willing to do any dirty work, especially considering the sport of hockey is mainly based around that.

Edited by Kp-Wings