• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
irishtemper14+25

McCarty called up

Rate this topic

I guess this means I'll have to dig my McCarty jersey out of the closet and brush it up.

Can you imagine him and Downey out together? A resurrection of the Bruise Brothers, perhaps?

Steve McCarthy plays for Atlanta. He's not retired.

This does my poor heart good, it does. Mac's back! As Draper said, never count this guy out, when he's going to do something, you can count on him. Today would be good, as far as I am concerned, but I think Tuesday (Wings n Hawks) is more likely.

grindline2008ie.jpg

PS - Sandy McCarthy is retired, I think. But Darren McCarty isn't. :hehe:

Edited by puckloo39

"Red Wings Grind Line members, KRIS DRAPER , DARREN MCCARTY, an KIRK MALTBY during practice in 1999."

thats the caption under the pic

Edited by rwfan007

On FSN today, Ken Daniels said McCarty was a week away now. So I take it he wont be able to go against Dallas this week. I guess next Saturday vs Nashville or Sunday in Columbus? Has anything been verified yet?

On FSN today, Ken Daniels said McCarty was a week away now. So I take it he wont be able to go against Dallas this week. I guess next Saturday vs Nashville or Sunday in Columbus? Has anything been verified yet?

Oh man, I got tickets for Saturday. :punk:

Drake has more value to our team then McCarty does, i can tell u that right now.

Seems like everybody on this boards wants to give McCarty a BJ. He's coming back for the money, not for the love of the game! Although i can't blame him lmao

What value does Drake offer that you are speaking of? Is it all 3 goals in 55 games? Perhaps it's the whopping 2 assists he's tallied. Maybe it's the staggering 37 PIM. Or maybe it's his unmatchable -7. I see what you mean, Dallas Drake is essential to this team, replacing him would be a mistake of epic proportions.

And as a side note, to say that Mac is only doing this for the money is kind of silly don't you think? I mean, would you do your job for free? Of course not. Mac loves the game and wants nothing more than to be a part of it again, but he does have a family you know. He wants to make money just like everybody else. He's not going to play for free. Unless you think he should also get a side job at a McDonalds or something. Keep in mind, this is his career. I'm a Web developer, if I were to lose my job where I currently am I would not look for a job doing something else, I would look for a job in Web Development, it's my career. I need to make money too. I love what I do, but that is just a bonus, of course getting a job is about the money.

So to say he is doing it for the money is ridiculous. You can't chastise a guy for wanting to get a job, and make money in his career field. Unless of course it would make you happier, and convince you more that he deserves a shot, if he is willing to starve and play for free just to prove to you that he loves the game.

What value does Drake offer that you are speaking of? Is it all 3 goals in 55 games? Perhaps it's the whopping 2 assists he's tallied. Maybe it's the staggering 37 PIM. Or maybe it's his unmatchable -7. I see what you mean, Dallas Drake is essential to this team, replacing him would be a mistake of epic proportions.

And as a side note, to say that Mac is only doing this for the money is kind of silly don't you think? I mean, would you do your job for free? Of course not. Mac loves the game and wants nothing more than to be a part of it again, but he does have a family you know. He wants to make money just like everybody else. He's not going to play for free. Unless you think he should also get a side job at a McDonalds or something. Keep in mind, this is his career. I'm a Web developer, if I were to lose my job where I currently am I would not look for a job doing something else, I would look for a job in Web Development, it's my career. I need to make money too. I love what I do, but that is just a bonus, of course getting a job is about the money.

So to say he is doing it for the money is ridiculous. You can't chastise a guy for wanting to get a job, and make money in his career field. Unless of course it would make you happier, and convince you more that he deserves a shot, if he is willing to starve and play for free just to prove to you that he loves the game.

Fully agree on both points. If Drake was putting up better numbers, signing McCarty probably wouldn't be an option.

Fully agree as well on the McCarty and making money comment. Everyone needs to make money, that's why we all get jobs. McCarty needs money just like the rest of us. What does the guy do best? Plays hockey.

I hope people who seem to be against this McCarty signing can just sit back and enjoy this feel good story. Also, if DMac had nothing left, we wouldn't bring him back.

I am looking forward to seeing D Mac re united with the Grind Line. I wonder if Pronger is looking forward to possibily running into Mac in the playoffs.

I'm not really expecting McCarty to fight all that much. I think he'll mostly just throw is weight around, and create a little chaos infront of the opposing net.

For the price Tag Dallas Drake was doing a bang up job, however, IF Mac continues to play with the energy and style he was playing with in GR he should and by all rights probably will take over for Drake.

But please don't confuse that with me saying I hate Drake or he deserves to be benched.