• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19=Legend

Biggest Wing Fan

Rate this topic

Idk if this has ever been done on here before, but I want to know who on here has been a wings fan for the longest time. Ive been a fan my whole life (1990) growing up in michigan. I watched the wings bring home the cup in 97 and 98, But I really didnt start watching every game and following the team until I was 11. Which was the 2001/02 season, and we all know what happened that season.

So be honest, who here is the longest time redwings fan?

Edited by #19=Legend

I'd say since birth. Dad's a massive fan... I'll admit though, I was in grade 1 when the Wings got swept by Jersey, that summer I turned on them. I was young and stupid. I've redeemed myself, and all in all, I'd say since birth (1988).

I'm not going to say since birth, cause till I was 5 or 6 I didn't even understand hockey. So yeah, since I was 6. 1991.

There are people in this forum who have been die hards for decades though.

Damn, so far I have been the biggest fan the longest. I remember only when a few games a year were on TV. There was no PASS, FSD and no Center Ice. I have pretty much followed them since WHA/NHL merger (if you would call it that). I would say 28 - 29 years of being a fan.

I don't think being a fan for the longest also makes you the "biggest", but let's see. I remember watching players like Gerard Gallant, Yves Racine, and Paul Ysebaert, and I remember the end of Jacques Demers' tenure behind the bench. So I guess that's about 1987 or 88, which would make me 5 or 6.

I don't think being a fan for the longest also makes you the "biggest", but let's see. I remember watching players like Gerard Gallant, Yves Racine, and Paul Ysebaert, and I remember the end of Jacques Demers' tenure behind the bench. So I guess that's about 1987 or 88, which would make me 5 or 6.

Agreed. I am not the "oldest" fan around but I am a huge and I like to think a pretty knowledgable fan.

I remember when McCourt was traded away and was the top news story of the day. Paul Woods played for them too in late 70s. I know I am showing my age but I remember when Bobby Kromm was fired. The was in the beginning of the Dead Wings. I can remember when the Wings would have less wins in 2 seasons than they did by Feb 1 this year.

I really can't wait for the playoffs and then we can all be the biggest fans around come June (after 16 playoff wins).

I've been a Wings fan for roughly 15 times longer than any Ducks fan has been a Ducks fan.

Interesting trivia for our friends in Anaheim. The league has been around since before 2006.

Edited by Doggy

Aw, rats, I thought when you were looking for the biggest fan, I'd win hands down. But since we're not talking weight here......

I was a fan in the late 60's, when we lived in Canada. Then we moved to the States and I got into football more than hockey. Now I am more into hockey. I don't think I count since I left and came back.

My dad has been a fan since the 1940's. That 1997 cup meant the world to him.

been a fan since 35 and still kicking :clap:

You've been Wings fan for over 70 years and your favourite players are Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Datsyuk and Brown?????

Is it just me or does seem highly unlikely?

I am 31 years old, and I have been a Redwings fan since 1983. I grew up in southern California, and all we had back then were the Kings. But my father who was a Toronto native, his childhood friend was Brad Park. And for those who are not old enough on here to know, but Brad Park was a Redwing and a coach in the early eighties. He was originally drafted by the NY Rangers. He was a D-man. Anyway, after meeting him, and a father being influential on sports teams, the Detroit Redwings were the only pro team we acknowledged. (25 years)

You've been Wings fan for over 70 years and your favourite players are Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Datsyuk and Brown?????

Is it just me or does seem highly unlikely?

I hope you can take sarcasm because im only 25 :clap:

Since I was a wee kid of 8. I have memories of sitting in the living room on a Saturday night with a bowl of hot buttered popcorn watching Hockey Night in Canada. I grew up watching Gordie Howe, Alex Delvechhio, Terrible Ted Lindsay and all the rest. And that, kids, was almost 45 years ago. I think I've got you all by a few years.

Just watching SNL and this reminds me of the stupid sketch...

ummm I have been a fan since before Jesus walked the earth, and I knew Gordie Howe when he was a Wing. lol

Come on who really cares how long someone has been a Wings fan, just that you are, you have good reasons and you love them enough to post on these forums!

But I have been a fan since the mid - late 80's lol

I hope you can take sarcasm because im only 25 :clap:

There you go then. What's the clapping hands? I'm no expert but I don't think making up a stupid answer to get attention falls under the category of sarcasm.

Another big Saturday night for ya hey?

THAT was sarcasm.