• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Top 5 Favourite Players of All Time?

Rate this topic

One Wings player that I used to love watching that I haven't seen yet is Keith Primeau

I saw him on one list. Hated the guy personally, but yeah, one list.

Okay this is a fun thread. I am about to turn 40 (no laughing!!) this year. I didn't even start watching hockey until 1983 (ironically The Captain's 1st year) So of course every one I list will be in that time frame. I could say guys like Lindsay, Howe, Richard , etc...but why would I ? I never saw them in their hey-day so......

Top 5 Favorites in order:

1. Steve Yzerman ( no brainer)

2. Pat LaFontaine

3. Cam Neely

4. Bob Probert (because dammit, who doesn't love a good fight?)

5. Mike Modano ( don't ask me why, just do....)

Honorable Mention:

1. Chris Chelios

2. Joe Sakic (because I respect the hell out of the guy...)

3. Al Iafrate (met him at a bar once , was very cool , and that slap shot was a BEAST!)

4. Aaron Ward (because my son when he was just 4 asked him if he knew Shanahan at an autograph signing, and if he did he could send him to his house so he could meet him. Ward thought this was the best thing he had heard all day and told my son he'd see what he could do.. :lol: )

5. Sergei Federov (because I was in line behind him in '94 at a Perry's Drugs in West Bloomfield while I watched him buy the BIGGEST bottle of Vodka I had ever seen! :drunk: )

Edited by Winged Scooter

why?

Never seemed to hustle, took a fair share of bad penalties, whined alot, and was a pretty big underachiever considering his potential. Was highly overrated too, especially in his later days.

I think it's amazing how an opinion that Don Cherry holds can really influence others. Who knows, maybe it's Bruins fans as well but how people argue for Neely and Orr are really passionate.

I think it has to do more with the individual (Orr, Neely, or Yzerman for instance) than what Grapes says. It's the way those guys played the game that instills the passion for them that will burn in fans hearts for years to come.

1) Steve Yzerman

2) Ryan Miller

3) Darren McCarty

4) Mario Lemieux

5) Mike Eruzione (Or anyone else from '80 Olympics)

Sorry about dupicate, I don't know how to delete

Edited by schulzte