Larsson goalie of the year in Swedish Elite League

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 redwings.se

redwings.se

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

Red Wings prospect Daniel Larsson has won "Honken Trophy" as the goalie of the year in the Swedish Elite League. He started 46 of 55 games for Djurgardens IF, and finished third overall with 92,1 SV%.
- A great honour, and a confirmation that I've had a good season, says Larsson, 22, to Aftonbladet.

"Honken Trophy" is named after the Swedish goalie legend, Leif "Honken" Holmqvist (a former Red Wing) who played 202 international games for Sweden. The Swedish hockey writers association name the winner through a vote.

#2 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

very good news to hear

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#3 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Just for some context, previous winners of the award per Wikipedia

2007 - Erik Ersberg, HV71
2006 - Johan Holmqvist, Brynäs IF
2005 - Henrik Lundqvist, Frölunda HC
2004 - Henrik Lundqvist, Västra Frölunda HC
2003 - Henrik Lundqvist, Västra Frölunda HC
2002 - Stefan Liv, HV71

#4 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Good to hear!
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#5 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

It's extremely doubtful that he'll play for the Wings next year but hopefully they'll get him signed anyway so that he doesn't runaway. If the guy builds on his success with another good year next year and some good international performances, well, happy days.

#6 al48

al48

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (SweWings @ March 11, 2008 - 05:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's extremely doubtful that he'll play for the Wings next year but hopefully they'll get him signed anyway so that he doesn't runaway. If the guy builds on his success with another good year next year and some good international performances, well, happy days.

Well, it's gonna be interesting next year if Dom retires. I'd imagine that the Wings 1/2 will be Osgood/Howard, but it really leaves us nothing semi-reliable to call up in case of injury to one of those two or, god forbid, both. They're gonna have to either sign him and have him come over to play in GR next year or sign him, leave him in Sweden, and make a free agent pick up in the offseason. I'm of the opinion that they should sign Larsson and have him come over next year to get accustomed to the North American game.

Edited by al48, 12 March 2008 - 08:08 PM.

"I've been liquored up for 17 years. My judgement's not what it once was"

#7 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

It's already set that the Wings are going to reassign him to Djurgården for '08-09.

http://www.letsgowin...showtopic=47993

#8 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Let's hope he is the next Henrik....

I wouldn't at mind being one of those teams that disguards a very good goaltender because we already have one and being able to pick up a little extra. E.G. Sharks turfing Toskla

Howard and Larsson FTW!

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

It makes more sense to bring him over if Howard comes up though.... I am not sure about that.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 GlasgowRed

GlasgowRed

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

Excellent news & Heja DIF! thumbup.gif

#11 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

That's awesome, good job Larsson
IPB Image

#12 Winther

Winther

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

He also got the rookie of the year award smile.gif;

http://www.aftonblad...ticle2129920.ab

#13 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Winther @ March 26, 2008 - 03:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He also got the rookie of the year award smile.gif;

http://www.aftonblad...ticle2129920.ab
What a load of crock. He played 24 games last year, but with these weirdass rules, he was still up for the award.