• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Franzen

Rate this topic

I have always defended Franzen's play. I have always thought he had the skill, I just think he has had a lack of confidence and taking the reigns in crucial situations, as does Hudler. I think Huds is a talented player, he just needs more ice time, and to play with talented guys to boost his confidence and his ability to be a more complete player. After that, I believe he will be getting in the right place at the right time and score some goals for us.

He needs to play like this on a more consistent level, because if this keeps up, then we might have a real 2nd line that can score consistently with Flip and Cleary as the other 2 guys. I personally don't think that he's only playing well because he's on the top line, because he looked great in the St. Louis game also. We've seen this before from him, but not on any consistent level, so time will tell.

He earned that EN goal last night, the last two Det En goals I saw were Pavel's poke check and now this one that Franzen had. This team is very deep with defensive forwards, Especially with Dan signing long term.

I would like to see a Cleary Flip Franzen line when DZH are together.

He's been good. Not the flashiest but that's not his game. You can't argue with the numbers he's been putting up lately. And I called it at the deadline when everyone was saying we're screwed. I said look for Franzen to pick up his game. He's just too hard of a worker. I think he's just had to shake off a few setbacks from the last year or so. I think he'll be big for us in the playoffs. Now Flip just needs to really turn it up and my predictions will be correct, but I think he'll be solid for us in the playoffs and then I can gloat some more.

I said it at the begining. More potential then Homer.

Give me dap for saying for two years that he needs to be a fixture on the second line.

Anyone who wanted to trade him no longer has the right to contradict us wise people anymore.

You said it at the beginning that Franzen had more potential than Homer? Was this when Franzen was 16 and Homer was 24??? Its hard to compare two guys that are separated by some 7 or 8 years, especially when Homer didnt start seeing top 6 minutes until he was 30 years old, due to the Wings having an absolutely stacked roster. You dont use potential where a 34 year old vet is concerned..

...and to think only a short few weeks ago some people were willing to throw Franzen away. He's most likely going to score 20 goals this year and plays a pretty high level of defense.

...and to think only a short few weeks ago some people were willing to throw Franzen away. He's most likely going to score 20 goals this year and plays a pretty high level of defense.

...and that's because a couple of weeks ago, he was playing as bad as Hudler.

Franzen has played really great lately, and I hope he keeps it up. The Wings very very badly need a consistant secondary scoring threat, and he can keep this pace up, he'll compliment nicely with Cleary and Filppula, forming a pretty decent second line. You're not going to get anything more than what you're seeing now from guys like Hudler and Samuelsson, so hopefully, a guy like Franzen will pick up the slack.

If he only he had more of a mean streak, he could quickly become a fan favorite here. I don't know why he doesn't, because with his size, he could really be a physical force.

Still, kicking a third-year player to the curb for inconsistency doesn't make any sense.

Franzen has played really great lately, and I hope he keeps it up. The Wings very very badly need a consistant secondary scoring threat, and he can keep this pace up, he'll compliment nicely with Cleary and Filppula, forming a pretty decent second line. You're not going to get anything more than what you're seeing now from guys like Hudler and Samuelsson, so hopefully, a guy like Franzen will pick up the slack.

If he only he had more of a mean streak, he could quickly become a fan favorite here. I don't know why he doesn't, because with his size, he could really be a physical force.

After seeing his fight with Walker, I'm not sure I'd want to see a mean streak out of him. We don't need a human punching bag on this team. Homer doesn't have a mean streak, and I'm just fine with his style of play. Franzen just needs to keep driving the net and playing strong on the puck, which is what I think he should do with his size. I don't ever see him being a hard hitter or a fighter.

After seeing his fight with Walker, I'm not sure I'd want to see a mean streak out of him. We don't need a human punching bag on this team. Homer doesn't have a mean streak, and I'm just fine with his style of play. Franzen just needs to keep driving the net and playing strong on the puck, which is what I think he should do with his size. I don't ever see him being a hard hitter or a fighter.

If he could become a better fighter in the process, why not?

He needs to use his size more, and effectively. If he does, he becomes a very effective player in the NHL.

If he could become a better fighter in the process, why not?

He needs to use his size more, and effectively. If he does, he becomes a very effective player in the NHL.

Franzen is built like a tank. He could be the Swedish Dustin Brown if he wanted to. Id really like to see him put his body on the line a little bit more. Hes got the speed, the brains, and the body to rock all kinds of guys in this league. He could put guys like Kunitz and Ribeiro to sleep if he knew how to hit. Id LOVE to see the Wings work with him on that.

That's 20 goals this season for Franzen after tonight. Cleary and Homer already on 20, Filppula is on 19 (hopefully he'll break 20 too).

Franzen's looked a different player recently - it seems like he really is a confidence player. He needs to keep this attitude, to know he's a good player and play with a chip on his shoulder. Hope he keeps up this form...

Well done Johan.

That's 20 goals this season for Franzen after tonight. Cleary and Homer already on 20, Filppula is on 19 (hopefully he'll break 20 too).

Franzen's looked a different player recently - it seems like he really is a confidence player. He needs to keep this attitude, to know he's a good player and play with a chip on his shoulder. Hope he keeps up this form...

Well done Johan.

He was getting there last year before he got run behind the net. Between shaking that off and getting this opportunity, I think he's catching up to where he was and that's a real good thing.

I really want to know where all the people ripping me on deadline day for saying that Franzen would pick it up for us are now. Franzen just works too hard to not be rewarded and there's no better time for this to be happening.

He was getting there last year before he got run behind the net. Between shaking that off and getting this opportunity, I think he's catching up to where he was and that's a real good thing.

I really want to know where all the people ripping me on deadline day for saying that Franzen would pick it up for us are now. Franzen just works too hard to not be rewarded and there's no better time for this to be happening.

Franzen wouldnt have picked it up if it werent for injuries.

That said, we need to eliminate Sammy from this entire team ASAP. Hes the worst of our 8 offensive forwards and hes taking up space that could be used for a crash and banger.

He is not "taking over" Holmstrom's PP spot. Right now, he is standing in front of the net, because Homer is out, but he can be in the same spot on the second PP unit, once Homer is back.!

yah and then sammy will break his jaw.

Edited by Yzermania