• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Sevumar

Sevumar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:58 PM

Kronwall himself addressed this in a Q&A on the Wings' site.

http://redwings.nhl....rticleid=349934

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (rage @ March 12, 2008 - 11:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right on man! thumbup.gif

The only pass they get from me is if they are joking around about the spelling and spelling the wrong way on purpose trying to be funny.

ph34r.gif

No lie.

Don't forget LGWers, there's a spelling quiz at 5:30pm today, and the ultimate deciding factor is spelling KRONWALL or KRONVALL the right way, and if you screw that up, you will fail and be thrown down your chimney into the fireplace and then have your no-no's chopped off.

rolleyes.gif ph34r.gif

It's a sports forum people, it's not like we're composing a formal e-mail or a business report. I think there can be a little leeway towards a spelling error here and thee. We need to loosen up a little bit.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 13 March 2008 - 06:34 AM.

#23 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ March 12, 2008 - 09:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it's not. It's his name. "Kronvall" when referring to the Detroit defenseman IS a misprint. And as far as American media goes, NHL.com is the only site that hasn't corrected it.

Well geeze- he better change his passport then because I guess he's offended at the idea of his name being spelled both ways. rolleyes.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

How about a compromise? We'll just spell it Kronvvall.

Not to change the subject, but I think it is cool that he credits Hasek, Lidstrom and Cheli as role models.

I just like him more all the time, and I'm glad to see he's getting credit for his hard work, both offensively and defensively. I haven't seen a game since Stuart started, but from the sounds of it, they seem comfortable playing together. Anyone who gets the game on TV care to comment on that? Do they look good?

I'm really glad to hear he's trying to learn to play smarter. He needs to avoid those injuries.

#25 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ March 13, 2008 - 10:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a compromise? We'll just spell it Kronvvall.

Not to change the subject, but I think it is cool that he credits Hasek, Lidstrom and Cheli as role models.

I just like him more all the time, and I'm glad to see he's getting credit for his hard work, both offensively and defensively. I haven't seen a game since Stuart started, but from the sounds of it, they seem comfortable playing together. Anyone who gets the game on TV care to comment on that? Do they look good?

I'm really glad to hear he's trying to learn to play smarter. He needs to avoid those injuries.

I bet you're glad you chose 55fan, rather than Kronwallfan or Kronvallfan. laugh.gif

The complaining would never end.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ March 13, 2008 - 04:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet you're glad you chose 55fan, rather than Kronwallfan or Kronvallfan. laugh.gif

The complaining would never end.

There was something about being identified as a number that appealed to me (my friends here call me 55, or fivedy-five).

I really chose it since he is my fave along with Mac; but, unlike Mac, when I first started here, Kron()all bashing was in vogue and I felt it behooved me to stand up for him, but in an understated way. Now that he's back on the "good" list, it just makes me feel happy.

I loved him for what he did outside the NHL and felt that it would carry over once he got used to the NHL. I just wanted something where I could say "I believed in him" when others were bashing.

He really has come a long way, and he is showing leadership skills that I hadn't known he had.

Besides, iluvnikilicious would have brought on derision, and rightfully so.

#27 redwingschick33

redwingschick33

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

Yep, his name only shows up as Kronvall in media/NHL.com because his visa says that. He does need to get it changed and it should be Kronwall.

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

I've seen things in Swedish (not that I am literate in Swedish, but I can recognize letters) that spell it with the V.

As long as Nik says W. I say "Nik for the W!"

#29 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

my buddy bought a Kronwall jersey from NHL.com and dont you know its spelled Kronvall.

#30 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

I think Krownall should just change his last name to something like )@#%_@$%!$^ just to confuse people on here even more. *shrugs*

55....is that actually a w or just two v's? tongue.gif

#31 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ March 13, 2008 - 08:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well geeze- he better change his passport then because I guess he's offended at the idea of his name being spelled both ways. rolleyes.gif

It's his visa. And he has previously stated that it was a spelling error, and that 'W' is correct.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

Isn't this odd how an article about how Kron(yourchoiceofVorWorVV)all is becoming a major force for the team and how great he is improving is now a V vs W thread?

i'm just glad no matter how he spells it that the NHL is realizing his improvment in scoring, passing, seeing the ice, making smart plays (which is what he really needed to improve), and that he's still blocking shots and laying out hits on guys that will make them think they were hit by a mobile brick vall.

And it's Kronuuall- spelled with a double u. rolleyes.gif

Edited by 55fan, 15 March 2008 - 12:42 AM.

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ March 15, 2008 - 12:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm just glad no matter how he spells it that the NHL is realizing his improvment in scoring, passing, seeing the ice, making smart plays (which is what he really needed to improve), and that he's still blocking shots and laying out hits on guys that will make them think they were hit by a mobile brick vall.

Seems like everybody is realizing his improvment except some obsessive-compulsive posters in here who think that winning a spelling arguement over his name is much more important. rolleyes.gif

(not you 55fan as we seem to be in agreement of making fun of the obsessive-compulsive posters in this thread tongue.gif)

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 15 March 2008 - 09:18 AM.