• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Lions cut Kevin Jones

Rate this topic

per freep.com + ESPN

Serriously I cannot like the Lions anymore.

They seem intent on never spining their wheels and getting no where.

Lets go draft a RB in the first round again!! Morons.

Kevin Jones is a darn good back and you have to build the line to have any RB make a go at it.

I say we sell the team and make ford field into the new Joe.

Typical Lions. KJ was a good back on a bad team. Give him an offensive line and he can be the top back in the league.

Let me get this straight. Lions cut Jones, they dont resign Duckett, they bring back Tatum and have Cason in the backfield. They desperately need a back in either an early drafted back or Shaun Alexander. Tell me again why they didnt go after Julius Jones or Michael Turner??

The Lions are going to try and get Shaun Alexander is what im thinking. Its typical Millen, he goes for the guy whos had name value regardless of the fact he's becoming washed up. Signing him for anything more than 1 yr would be assinine...hell even 1yr is a mistake. He's done. I definitely didnt want Turner Timothy, that move will be regretted big time by Atlanta. On the surface this is stupid, but given Jones' health and the fact that he's stated in the past that he's wanted out, I dont really a big issue with it depending on the replacement.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

The lions cut KJ because his salary was set to go up a couple million dollars next season, the Lions are having big time salary cap problems thanks to millens mismanagement. They might still sign him to a cheaper contract.

I do like that Jon Kitna was on the Huge Show, talking about how they've upgraded in a lot of areas, then went on to talk about how Tatum Bell was a huge signing for them. He does realize that he was on the roster last year right....and carried the ball like 40 times when he wasn't getting splinters in his ass?

I also enjoy that Millen just cut yet another of his first round picks. The funny thing is that I'd take a chance on either KJ or Kalimba Edwards given the way guys tend to play after they get out of Detroit.

I thought the Lions did go after Julius Jones and he turned them down. Not that I blame him.

I understand why the Lions cut KJ. The stupid part is cutting him and not seeming to have a backup plan.

Yeah he signed with the Hawks

Guest Hank=FutureCaptain

Bad move here if you ask me. Jones was/is a capable back in this league. Sure he's had his injury problems. But does anyone remember when Kevin had the most yards from week 6 to week 17, then any other back in the league(I believe this was 2 years ago, but still).

I have a feeling Kev will sign with someone else and turn into a total bad ass. Then we can all shake our heads even more...

Typical Lions. KJ was a good back on a bad team. Give him an offensive line and he can be the top back in the league.

Let me get this straight. Lions cut Jones, they dont resign Duckett, they bring back Tatum and have Cason in the backfield. They desperately need a back in either an early drafted back or Shaun Alexander. Tell me again why they didnt go after Julius Jones or Michael Turner??

No doubt he'd be very good with an offensive line, but even with that he wouldn't be the top back in the league. Top 10...sure, but not much more than that.

I have a feeling Kev will sign with someone else and turn into a total bad ass. Then we can all shake our heads even more...

I hope that's exactly what happens, as long as it's not within the division. Everything Matt Millen touches turns to pure grade A s***.

I am almost done with this f-ing joke of a franchise. I've stayed loyal to them through all the losing and embarrasing pr moves. Only in Detroit can you get convicted of going through a drive through drunk and naked and maintain your job. Only in detroit can you have a losing record as a GM through 7 years and keep your job. 7 years of having a mostly top five selection how can you screw it up so freaking badly? It ain't just we got bad luck with players we drafted, they suck on other teams as well. Hell I'd take back the core you dismantled where we could at least put up a fight and finish 8-8 every year. Please Mr. Ford sell the team to someone who gives a damn. You are getting old enough to not care anymore, sell the team and spend the rest of your days in the caribbeans. You dont' want to put up with the business of running a team, and it obviously shows. It's hurting your reputation in every way including your car company. Sell the team for the sake of your sons reputation so they can concentrate on selling cars. The only thing that will maybe inject some curiosity into myself causing me to watch a game once in awhile this season is Calvin Johnson. Once he's gone, i'm gone until Ford dies or sells the team.