• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Cheli needs to be sat for a while

Rate this topic

Cheli is still hurting a bit and it was GLARINGLY obvious in last nights game... the coaching staff and trainers need to recognize that and shelf him until the last 3 or 4 games of the regular season, not putting him until he's 100% - granted, I know these games don't matter as much right now, and we're still winning, but he is a liability right now...

it might just be me but sometimes it looks like hes out there with two left feet?

No, I agree with you 100%, I see it too. Even before the injury there were times his play would have me scratching my head. Yet he's sound defensively and still puts his body on the line so I can't complain. Rather have him in the lineup then Lilja.

i feel that we might be soon seeing the end of Chelios, he seems to finally be starting to show his age..

still, i prefer him in the lineup to Lilja, Lebda and Meech at the moment

Chelis forward motion is fine along with going backwards, it is lateral movement that looks restricted weather it is still sore or just stiff only he knows I agree sit him and play Meech until Cheli is 100%

Regardless of whether Cheli should sit or not, no way would Babcock play Meech over Lebda right now (even though he probably should).

several points in response to all posts.

1. He's been caught out of position many times over the last 2 games

2. It's most definitely his lateral movement

3. Meech is number 8 for all of playoffs and will not play unless there is an injury, period. (regardless of if he earned it over Lebda)

4. Lilja is a VERY sound stay-at-home defenseman and the slack he's always taking is very unwarranted

several points in response to all posts.

1. He's been caught out of position many times over the last 2 games

2. It's most definitely his lateral movement

3. Meech is number 8 for all of playoffs and will not play unless there is an injury, period. (regardless of if he earned it over Lebda)

4. Lilja is a VERY sound stay-at-home defenseman and the slack he's always taking is very unwarranted

QFT again, and again, and again!

*For his role on the team* he's beyond a great player.

Regardless of whether Cheli should sit or not, no way would Babcock play Meech over Lebda right now (even though he probably should).

I have no problem playin Lebda over Meech I just want see a healthy body on the ice and give Cheli the chance to heal for the playoffs

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Chelli's play the second season half has not yet matched his first half. We need to have him out there though, to anchor the younger guys. It would be nice, since Lidstoms back and the President"s trophy is secured, to have him take a few games off to rest up for the play-offs.

As far as the Lillja vs. Lebda debate, Lebda cost us a goal last night and Lillja cost us one 2 games ago. With Stuart being added, Lebda/s skating value has decreased. Lillja is better at blocking shots and throwing the ocassional hit. Both seem to be liabilities in close games. Flip a coin boys.

QFT again, and again, and again!

*For his role on the team* he's beyond a great player.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That statement is about as true as Eliot Spitzer being an honorable citizen. It's hilarious how people continue to support Lilja on this forum. Why exactly? He makes one good play every 30 games, and in between, he makes about 1000 bad plays that usually cost the Wings in some way. I can't wait until the day he's finally off this team, and I never have to see that POS in a Red Wing uniform again.

Agree! Agree! AND he's super cheap!

Cheers to Lilly!

esteef

ya know, i have always thought of lilja as a bob rouse kind of player-stay at home, tough and cheap as a newly divorced cougar.

Lilja has made some big mistakes that are easy to remember and make a big impression.

However, I've been impressed with his continued improvement and his fairly new shot-blocking acumen. He throws a lot of unspectacular hits, but I think they add up in a way.

All-in-all I think we have a better Lilly-hammer than we did a couple seasons ago; I don't think he'd acquire the tongue-in-cheek, derogatory nickname "Pain Train" if he'd just started today.

(Ericsson (sp?) needs serious playing time next year, though, as he's close to Lilja now and has far more potential, probably.)

As far as Cheli goes: don't be mad at elegance. :D

Edited by 58Miles2Joe

LEBDA over MEECH? What, are you kidding? Lebda has been a waste of air.

There's quite a few on here that think that Lebda is actually better than Meech....I'm not one of them. I think Lebda should stay in the press box, but thats me.