• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Pronger Suspended 8 Games

Rate this topic

I think it's more like this:

VIAGUERETM

Helps keep it up, even when you go down.

Or for when you're team's playing soft...i think we've struck gold here!

The funniest things I have ever read!!!!! Wow you brightened my day. I am calling my friend to tell him about it!

I shouldve gotten this copyrighted damnit... its out there now! My one chance at being a millionaire out the window :lol:

i am just hoping that all of this pronger crap will cause the refs to be more strict on doling out suspensions on him and his ilk during the playoffs.

so my theoretical dream goes like this: pronger elbows homer, gets five games, not 1...

Definitely not enough. I was hoping for a minimum of 10, since of course we have to be "realistic" about who we're dealing with here. Does anyone else find it extremely fishy that he returns ONE game before the playoffs begin??? Fricking conspiracy...

Well I'm just happy he got canned for 8 games, since it was seemingly looking Friday morning like he would get nothing.

One thing I sincerely hope for sure - this should be this guys LAST warning. When he pulls some cheap bush-league sh*t in the playoffs - and we all know it's a matter of when not if - he should be out for the rest of the season, period.

I'm just sick that Pronger's been getting away with this stuff for this long - elite player my a$$. No player that's truly elite gets suspended this many times. No class at all. What a loser.

From who? He's been pulling this crap for 14 years and no-one has done anything about it yet. He sure as hell won't be man enough to drop the gloves and be prepared to defend himself, since he only fights the likes of Jiri Slegr and Handzus.

Until the instigator rule is fixed, Pronger is safe. And after the whole Bertuzzi/Moore fiasco non Canuck player is going to run him like he deserves either.

"In attempting to free himself, Pronger carelessly and recklessly brought his foot down,"

he was already free and then decided to stomp on the guy. I really think that this is a slap on a wrist as far as only 8 games go. He should have been suspended till next season.

what a joke... <_<

Should have gotten more games then 8 i think.

On the other hand, i didn't expect to see him get more then 1 game. This is kind of a good feeling that they are willing to sit the so called superstars.

Quoting Colin, Simons act was "repugnant and unaccecptable." Pronger does the same thing and the act was "careless and reckless." What the hell happened to repugnant and unacceptable? Where's your balls Colin?

Tickling the back of Brian and Chris' throats, of course!

Horrid hypocrisy for the league, yet again. Much like the rest of the world we live in here in the States, there are two different sets of rules. One for the "elite" and one for the rest. God help you if you aren't on the first list.

F Pronger. F Burke. F Campbell and F Bettman for making a mockery of this league I used to love.

This is absolutely disgusting. A shame and insult to all fans of the NHL. This is exactly the reaction they wanted, an uproar over not recieving a suspension. Then magically a new video is revealed, seriously in todays super technology how does it tkae 24hrs for this video to leak? BAM! There will be just Colin Campbell is reviewing the tape. Telephone hearing for Pronger, BTW did you know that Simon had to show in person? So then wham a HUGE 8 game suspension and the fans of the NHL shrug thier shoulders and say well I would have liked more but 8 is better then nothing. If no one does not think this was planned from the start to be able to let Pronger play is nieve.

Once again this ass bag gets over, once again Burke gets over, and once agian the dirty ass ducks get over. Did you know that the Ducks have over a hundred more PIM's then any other NHL team. 500 more then the lowest.

Incredible disappointment. As fans we should not except this. As fans we deserve a fair league, as fans we deserve impartial punishment. We deserve better. We lost a player for games in the playoff's last year and could have been longer and he lost one games. TWICE.

The suspension wasn't going to be as long as Simon's. WHY?

Because Simon was at no point ever losing his balance. Pronger was off balance, so even if it was just as intentional, the NHL has to accept that there is a decent chance of it being to some degree more a function of carelessness than malice.

It's like the difference between sticking a guy in the face accidentally as you try to go around him, and skating up to him and cross-checking him in the face. One is a minor penalty for high sticking, the other will get you tossed.

Once again, the League proves it has a double standard. If one of our guys had done that they would have had the book thrown at them a la Chris Simon. But because it is Pronger, he gets away with it. Eight games is a joke.

The suspension wasn't going to be as long as Simon's. WHY?

Because Simon was at no point ever losing his balance. Pronger was off balance, so even if it was just as intentional, the NHL has to accept that there is a decent chance of it being to some degree more a function of carelessness than malice.

It's like the difference between sticking a guy in the face accidentally as you try to go around him, and skating up to him and cross-checking him in the face. One is a minor penalty for high sticking, the other will get you tossed.

This is ridiculous. It was a lawyer battle. Burke went to Harvard law. It's Chris Pronger.

There was an obvious stomp. You could make arguements that Simon's stomp wasn't as bad because he hit the skate and there is more protection there. Or that they were engaged in a fight already.

You could say, Pronger hit a fleshy area at a 90 degree angle and rubbed it into his leg, therefore his incident was worse than Simon's. A players legs close together when they fall, yet in this, case Kesler is to blame. It's just a question of what you say and how you say it.

Edited by jim3033

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Absoloute Bulls***. Just gave him a break to rest b4 the playoffs.

"In attempting to free himself, Pronger carelessly and recklessly brought his foot down,"

he was already free and then decided to stomp on the guy. I really think that this is a slap on a wrist as far as only 8 games go. He should have been suspended till next season.

what a joke... <_<

Yeah, isn't it nice that Campbell, who's supposed to be disciplining players, is basically making excuses for Pronger?

What a joke.

Campbell's quote when Chris Simon stomped on Ruutu's boot. "While fortunate, Mr. Ruutu suffered no serious injury as a result of Chris Simon's actions, the deliberate act of kicking an opponent with a skate blade, especially when that opponent is in a vulnarable position, is and always has been a repugnant and totally unacceptable act in the game of hockey."

Campbell's quote when Chris Pronger stomped on Kesler's calf. "In attempting to free himself, Pronger carelessly and recklessly brought his foot down."

So when it's a marginal player, it's repugnant to use the skate as a weapon and unacceptable.

When a star player does it, he just had a little whoopsy with where he put his footsie.

Seriously, it's crap like this that makes it harder to explain and justify this sport to my friends who don't watch hockey. And it makes it harder to justify the expense and effort for me to follow the game each passing year when its reffing and executive leadership makes it more like pro wrestling.

This is ridiculous. It was a lawyer battle. Burke went to Harvard law. It's Chris Pronger.

There was an obvious stomp. You could make arguements that Simon's stomp wasn't as bad because he hit the skate and there is more protection there. Or that they were engaged in a fight already.

You could say, Pronger hit a fleshy area at a 90 degree angle and rubbed it into his leg, therefore his incident was worse than Simon's. A players legs close together when they fall, yet in this, case Kesler is to blame. It's just a question of what you say and how you say it.

As I said...the difference is entirely in the fact that Simon had complete control of his body at all times, while Pronger's stomp came at the end of being knocked off balance and ultimately, Kesler's leg lock was an intentional attempt to keep Pronger out of the play.

It also looked like Pronger's skate may actually still have been caught on Kesler's sock, as it took more work to free after the actual stomp. Simon's blatant and unprovoked stomp on the top of Ruutu's skate.

One other difference in the suspension length may have been the fact that Simon had just come off a 25 gamer for using the stick as a weapon.

As I said...the difference is entirely in the fact that Simon had complete control of his body at all times, while Pronger's stomp came at the end of being knocked off balance and ultimately, Kesler's leg lock was an intentional attempt to keep Pronger out of the play.

It also looked like Pronger's skate may actually still have been caught on Kesler's sock, as it took more work to free after the actual stomp. Simon's blatant and unprovoked stomp on the top of Ruutu's skate.

One other difference in the suspension length may have been the fact that Simon had just come off a 25 gamer for using the stick as a weapon.

That's the big difference. Simon was just back from suspension. But Pronger still should've gotten more than 8 games.

As for the skate being caught on Kesler's sock, Colin Campbell, is that you? :blink:

I like MacLeod's summation at RWC best. He's dead-on; the treatment of a star player really should be exactly the same as a grinder if they're guilty of the same thing.

Does it seem to anyone else that Pronger's character has changed for the worse since his days as a Blue? Back in his St. Louis days I had some respect for him, but he acted much more under control than he does now. It always seems to be something with Pronger these days--screaming at the refs, throwing elbows, complaining about the Canadian media, and now kicking at a prone player. Classless.

8 games, 30 games, 100 games... The worst thing about this is Pronger doesn't seem to have any sympathy.

That is what makes me hate him so.

Last year he was on one of those late-night shows with the Cup. I really tried not to watch as it was making me sick. I was at the bar with a non-hockey-fan friend, and I was explaining the hit on Homer to her and how he excused himself by saying he's too tall to know where his elbows are (Hey, Pronger, they're standard equipment- get used to them). As I was explaining this, they showed the hit on McAmmond, and Pronger was laughing about it! I got so upset that the hockey-fan bartender had to settle me down by giving me a free drink, which was cool of him.

That's why Pronger gets me. He does these things, gets away with it (or, in this case gets a slap on the wrist), and gets more cocky about doing it again.

I don't wish bad things on people, but if he gets what's coming to him in a clean fight or a case of karmic retribution (think the Yzerman hit), I'll be cheering.

Personally, I have more respect for someone who makes a bad decision in the heat of the moment and realizes it later, and regrets what he did. Pronger will only issue an apology if it suits his purposes, and I would bet he'd be smiling through it.

Insert nasty words of your choice here: I'm at a loss for them.