• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisdetroit

Early Predictions Wings out in First Round

Rate this topic

Can you believe that this yoyo is predicting a loss to Vancover?

LINK

1. Detroit Red Wings vs. 8. Vancouver Canucks

The best team in the NHL against the best goaltender in the NHL. Looks like somebody is primed for another postseason fall. Prediction: Canucks in seven.

Just like last year when we lost to Calgary then San Jose...

I think we'll beat Vancouver, but I wouldn't want to see us play them for many reasons. As I've mentioned earlier, we've lost to worse goalies before than Luongo.

[/qute]

I know Luongo is a good goalie, but s*** everyone has a goalie that can shutout any team on any given night. Look at Ellis today. He was good. But most people would be like who the f*** is Ellis. I thought the same thing about Kiprussoff last year cause of all of his saves, but I dont buy into this Luongo crap.

Come on all I can say to that is 'lol.' :lol:

We've had too many first round exits, our Wings know how to handle it, and it will not happen again.

Anaheim beat Vancouver last year in how many games? 5? Yeah. Luongo will not help Vancouver win by himself. If they even make the eighth seed.

its time for us to dispatch all of our rivals, and let the west define some new ones next year.

1. defeat nashville first round.........wings teach nashville that country music just doesnt work in the NHL

2. defeat colorado second round........ MacCarty hat trick eliminates colorado!

3. defeat anaheim in the finals.....Cleary knocks pronger out with 1-2 punch....anaheim crawls under rock in fear.

4. sweep the devils for a 95 payback.....someone slips Stuart a "mickey" and he thinks he is Scott Stevens and hits every single devil forward that crosses the blueline.

done.

Why is that such a ridiculous prediction? Luongo is about a trillion times better than Dwayne Roloson, yet he shut the Wings down only two seasons ago. Or has everyone already forgotton about that?

Edited by Kp-Wings

Why is that such a ridiculous prediction? Luongo is about a trillion times better than Dwayne Roloson, yet he shut the Wings down only two seasons ago. Or has everyone already forgotton about that?

Because we're going to win the President's trophy this year and are playing very well as of late, which somehow means that we won't lose in the playoffs. :D

Just like Luongo took Vancover to win the Stanley Cup last year...oh wait...

The Vancouver Smucks have to make the playoffs first. They are long time losers with no cups except what is between their legs. Detroit will reach the Stanley Cup final and win it if they stay healthy in the playoffs.

Just like Luongo took Vancover to win the Stanley Cup last year...oh wait...

Oh, I see. So consider that the team playing in front of him sucks dick and can't score goals, yet losing the Anaheim series still all comes back to Luongo somehow, and it's his fault. Uh huh.

Because we're going to win the President's trophy this year and are playing very well as of late, which somehow means that we won't lose in the playoffs. :D

I watched that game today, and I didn't see anything well played about it. The homers behind the rosy glasses will have apparently have to find a different excuse now. ;)

Edited by Kp-Wings

Oh, I see. So consider that the team playing in front of him sucks dick and can't score goals, yet losing the Anaheim series still all comes back to Luongo somehow, and it's his fault. Uh huh.

I watched that game today, and I didn't see anything well played about it. The homers behind the rosy glasses will have apparently have to find a different excuse now. ;)

yeah because its a better feeling for a wings fan to go into the playoffs thinking we are going to lose in the first round. give me a break.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

And they dont 'suck dick' now?

Dude..live in the now..you are talking about stuff that happened 2 years ago...different team, different circumstances. One loss in a row and your fairweather clown attitude is coming out, no suprise.

And they dont 'suck dick' now?

Of course they do. But Luongo is still good enough to carry a team, and if the Wings scoring all of a sudden goes south (like it has at various times this season), he could easily shut the Wings down.

yeah because its a better feeling for a wings fan to go into the playoffs thinking we are going to lose in the first round. give me a break.

Hey, I've expected it every year since the Calgary series in 2004. Sorry if that bothers you, but that's just the way I am. As far as the Wings are concerned, we've seen this movie before. The Wings have a great regular season team, but they collapse in the playoffs against more physical teams that play the neutral zone trap. And, given recent history, you can bet that their first round opponent will more than likely play the trap, or some style similar to it.

Last year was an obvious exception, so don't throw that at me. But still, I don't feel all that confident about the Wings going into the playoffs. It's the way I've felt about this team since the beginning of the season, and if you don't agree, than tough s***. This is an internet forum, and everyone has their own opinions.

I'd pick the Wings to beat Vancouver, but the point here is is thats not exactly shocking that anybody would pick a team with a great goalie against us given our history. Not worthy of an outrage.