• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hatethedrake!

Next season's Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Here is what I would like to see happen...

Filppula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Cleary/Zetterberg/Hossa

Hudler/Brunnstrom/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Franzen

depth: Kopecky, Helm

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Ericsson

Lebda/Meech

depth: Quincey

Osgood/Howard

Signing Hossa and Brunnstrom would be great. I think we can let go of Chelios as we have alot of depth on D. Lilja can go. Stuart will be gone but not for bad play. We can only spend so much money on defense and Stuart will likely command at least $4 mil from another team. Hasek can retire. Drake and Downey are not needed. McCarty is a question mark at this point. Ericsson can handle the top 4 role I believe. Howard can play in 25-30 games or so. Adding Hossa will not create a problem for next season's Cap but when Z's salary jumps it may. But the Cap may go up the next season as well. $53 mil for next season, maybe $56 the season after?

The Wings are in pretty good shape for now and the forseeable future. If Hossa wants to come to the Wings he will have to accept something like a 5 year deal worth $35 mil. He says he wants to play for a Cup contender. I can't see Kenny offering him more than what Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom make.

Of course we shall focus on winning the Cup this season but it's nice to think about next season and what we may look like. What do you think will happen? Status quo? Lots of changes? Or just a few changes? Overall Holland has done an excellent job in the Cap era and I expect him to continue doing so.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Here is what I would like to see happen...

Cleary/Zetterberg/Hossa

Hudler/Brunnstrom/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Franzen

depth: Kopecky, Helm

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Ericsson

Lebda/Meech

depth: Quincey

Osgood/Howard

Signing Hossa and Brunnstrom would be great. I think we can let go of Chelios as we have alot of depth on D. Lilja can go. Stuart will be gone but not for bad play. We can only spend so much money on defense and Stuart will likely command at least $4 mil from another team. Hasek can retire. Drake and Downey are not needed. McCarty is a question mark at this point. Ericsson can handle the top 4 role I believe. Howard can play in 25-30 games or so. Adding Hossa will not create a problem for next season's Cap but when Z's salary jumps it may. But the Cap may go up the next season as well. $53 mil for next season, maybe $56 the season after?

The Wings are in pretty good shape for now and the forseeable future. If Hossa wants to come to the Wings he will have to accept something like a 5 year deal worth $35 mil. He says he wants to play for a Cup contender. I can't see Kenny offering him more than what Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidstrom make.

Of course we shall focus on winning the Cup this season but it's nice to think about next season and what we may look like. What do you think will happen? Status quo? Lots of changes? Or just a few changes? Overall Holland has done an excellent job in the Cap era and I expect him to continue doing so.

I can see Brunnstrom in the mix. But not Hossa. Hossa will want no less than 7 mil and he will want no less than 5 years. Too much for the Wings. Thats not to say I would'nt love to see him wearing the winged wheel. But I don't see it happening here.

Drake and Downey are not needed. McCarty is a question mark at this point.

Ha ha, with fighting up double digits, and the league getting back to a grittier NA style you claim that Downey and Drake are not needed. Okie dokie, Drake, fine, but then bring in someone with a sliver of grit.

Look at it this way, in a perfect world, you know, a little utopia of open ice, no contact hockey, that line up would be perfect. Unfortunately, we don't live in a utopia, and the game isn't played that way.

OMG, I forgot to mention you say bye bye to Stuart too. HAHAHAHA, the lineup you propose has the grit of a pee wee house team. Bahahahaha.

I am not being factious here, I truly am laughing really hard, so hard that all I can do is type hahaha, b/c the tears in my eyes are taking away from anything substantive I wanted to write.

Zetterburg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Franzen or Filpula-Rolston

Maltby-Draper-McCarty or Downey or Kopecky

Hudler-Filpula or Franzen-Samuelson (and if my dreams came true we could have Brunnstrom there instead of Samuelson)

Depth-Whoever doesn't work out on that 3rd line!

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Meech or Chelios or Lebda

(I think Chelios get's that spot no matter what if he doesn't retire, and I would personally rather have Meech there then Lebda)

Osgood-Howard

PP

Filpula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rolston

PP2

Cleary-Zetterburg-Franzen

Rafalski-Stuart

To be honest it's pretty hard to piece those lines together simply because, recently Franzen has been amazing and looks like he could be our other Homer for the 2nd line. But I don't like having Filpula on the 4th line.....So I can't honestly give a good decision, it would have to be made up with chemistry. But I think those powerplay lines look pretty unstoppable. And I would love to have Hossa on our team but realistically I just don't see that happening, Rolston on the other hand seems like a perfect fit and I think it's going to happen this offseason ;-)

And as far as the following year after that one the changes off the top of my head I would like to see would be...

Miller/Howard (even though I love Ozzie and still have more confidence in him over Hasek for some reason) and I would love to see Kindl up by then as well! But I don't want to even try to think that far ahead right now.

Guest Hatethedrake!
Ha ha, with fighting up double digits, and the league getting back to a grittier NA style you claim that Downey and Drake are not needed. Okie dokie, Drake, fine, but then bring in someone with a sliver of grit.

Look at it this way, in a perfect world, you know, a little utopia of open ice, no contact hockey, that line up would be perfect. Unfortunately, we don't live in a utopia, and the game isn't played that way.

OMG, I forgot to mention you say bye bye to Stuart too. HAHAHAHA, the lineup you propose has the grit of a pee wee house team. Bahahahaha.

I am not being factious here, I truly am laughing really hard, so hard that all I can do is type hahaha, b/c the tears in my eyes are taking away from anything substantive I wanted to write.

I think this may be the dumbest post I have ever read.

Filpula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Cleary/Zetterberg/M.Satan

Hudler/Frazen/Samu'Maltby/Draper/Drake.

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Chelios/Lilja

---------------

I like M. Satan!

Could be the 1st line RW'er!

GO WINGS!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Chelios/Lilja

---------------

I like M. Satan!

GO WINGS!

I'm not sure on Satan. But Kenny may be looking to sign a guy who can be a top 6 guy with a short term deal. Instead of spending the money on Hossa and handcuffing the team in Cap Hell 2 years from now, a guy like Satan may be the way to go. I would be more interested in a guy like Stillman who is an UFA. He could sign for a year or 2 and not command a big salary. Of course with UFA's we have to expect most of them will be looking for big money and long term. I don't see the need for Lilja with Ericsson in the mix. I can see keeping Chelios. I'm all for keeping Stuart but other teams will offer him much more money and term than the Wings will be willing to. Hockey wise I'd love for Stuart to stay. It would make our top 4 D awesome for years to come.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Chelios/Lilja

---------------

I like M. Satan!

GO WINGS!

Is there really even a "first" line for the wings when their healthy? :tounge2:

Anyways m.satan would play awesome with either the datsyuk or the zetterberg line , but i dont think babcock would split up datsyuk and holmstrom 5 on 5. And he would probably keep the same normal 5 on the first power play unit. Atleast i would :thumbup:

Anyways i loved this guy since his days in buffalo... i really hope holland picks him up!

I think this may be the dumbest post I have ever read.

Ha ha is that so. Well you have it good, some people are forced to live knowing they are bat sh*t crazy, it seems you don't seem to have that problem.

you are funny, naive and clueless regarding the NHL, but in a amusing, "ha ha" kind of way.

Guest Hatethedrake!
Ha ha is that so. Well you have it good, some people are forced to live knowing they are bat sh*t crazy, it seems you don't seem to have that problem.

you are funny, naive and clueless regarding the NHL, but in a amusing, "ha ha" kind of way.

Your feeble mind has no boundaries when it comes to the NHL.

Guest Hatethedrake!
Is there really even a "first" line for the wings when their healthy? :tounge2:

Anyways m.satan would play awesome with either the datsyuk or the zetterberg line , but i dont think babcock would split up datsyuk and holmstrom 5 on 5. And he would probably keep the same normal 5 on the first power play unit. Atleast i would :thumbup:

Anyways i loved this guy since his days in buffalo... i really hope holland picks him up!

I can see Babs using Franzen as a top 6 forward in the playoffs. Flip/Dats/Homer followed by a Mule/Z/Cleary line might be the way to go. If Franzen can prove he can be a top 6 guy in the playoffs, there may not be a need for a Satan. Of course you could sign Satan and use Mule with Malts and Drapes on the checking line. That would be a good option as well.

All of your lineups are off by at least one player.

Ericsson will not be in the regular lineup next season.

That said, I expect it to look something like this:

Cleary/Zetterberg/Samuelsson

Franzen/Hudler/Kopecky

Maltby/Draper/McCarty

Downey

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Meech/Chelios

Lebda

Quincey

Osgood

Howard

If Stuart doesn't resign, or if Chelios retires, Lilja is resigned and replaces them.

Cleary/Zetterberg/Franzen

Bruunstrom/Hudler/Kopecky

Maltby/Draper/McCarty

Downey

Lidstrom/Rafalski

Kronwall/Stuart

Ericsson/Chelios

Lebda

Quincey

Osgood

Howard

I think if we somehow shop Samuelsson for whatever bargain bin pick we can get and give this Bruunstrom guy a place to bloom We'll be set with our forwards. Hopefully Bruunstrom doesn't turn out to be another Grigorenko, all hype and no return. Hopefully for Mac's sake he can get back a sliver of the old form and fit back on the Grind Line and we can say 'no thanks' to more Drake. I would keep Downey at the price/pay/play we have him if he is willing to be our grunt, he seems to like it here, then again, he seems to be a generally great guy.

On the back end, I like how Stuart has fit in to the system thus far and he is only getting more and more comfortable. He seems to jump deep into the play ala Kronwall but hasn't been caught deep yet that I've seen. I love this Ericsson kid, big body, seems to move well, overall really impressed with him. And Chelios is an old staple by now, cheap great stay at home guy, another good character in the lockroom.

I like most people see Dom retiring and Ozzy becoming number 1 with Howard getting his first full year in the NHL. Hopefully Ozzy can play like he did earlier this year, and personally he just got caught in goal more often during the Wings slump as a whole when Dom was injured. I think Howard is ready to take over at least a 40% role on the team.

Flip - Zetterberg - Malone

Cleary - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Draper - Voros

Maltby - Kopecky - Hordichuk (or Downey as the backup plan...i'll take what i can get)

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart/Commodore

Ericsson (his size is needed) - dont know

undecided about the goaltending :)

A few of these guys i wouldnt want in the lineup (like especially Maltby and even Draper...) but they are not going anywhere so ive gotta work with whats there. Hudler and Sammy i chose not to put in cause i despise them, but rather than speculate trades or whatever im just leaving them out. Kopecky i dont know if he's signed past this year or not, im not gonna bother looking it up...

Well, what do you expect? A team full of great, useful players like Hudler?

:sly:

Well I dunno, if having "players like Hudler" means having Lidström, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Rafalski, Cleary, Holmström, etc then why not.

Note that I don't actually have any major complaint with what you're wanting. Having some guys like Shanny, McCarty (in their prime) would no doubt make the team more versatile. But I think the major worry, esp for the coming seasons, is the goalie. Getting a top-6 physical forward wouldn't hurt either...