• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/16 GDT: Blue Jackets 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I really hope one of our goalies can emerge as being a consistent choice by the end of the season. Neither has left me much comfort as of late. Ozzie's last couple have been pretty solid but not spectacular and Dom, well, yeah...I mean, what can you say about the team? Hopefully with Cleary and Holmstrom back and a renewed Franzen we'll be scoring again, but we need a goalie who can provide consistency as a backbone. When they're on, they're on, but this 2nd half has been rough in terms of consistency for both of them.

I really hope one of our goalies can emerge as being a consistent choice by the end of the season. Neither has left me much comfort as of late. Ozzie's last couple have been pretty solid but not spectacular and Dom, well, yeah...I mean, what can you say about the team? Hopefully with Cleary and Holmstrom back and a renewed Franzen we'll be scoring again, but we need a goalie who can provide consistency as a backbone. When they're on, they're on, but this 2nd half has been rough in terms of consistency for both of them.
Makes me worried about what's gonna be shaken up during the offseason. Hasek's most likely retiring and I just don't see Ozzie as being a very reliable starter. Any decent goalies becoming FA's this summer?

also would like to point out something I posted about a couple days ago, well, to be exact, it was minutes after our loss to Nashville. However due to the "fair tratment" which shown around here, the post was quickly deleted.

It's ironic because the post was in ragrds to lack of the Wings ability to win game when my man with a plan Aaron Downey is out of the lineup. WE NEED HIM BABY!!!! he needs to shake that flu bug and get back ASAP, cause the wings NEED him to win. THATS A FACT JACK!

n12107106_36556461_8133.jpg

Edited by sticknmove

also would like to point out something I posted about a couple days ago, well, to be exact, it was minutes after our loss to Nashville. However due to the "fair tratment" which shown around here, the post was quickly deleted.

It's ironic because the post was in ragrds to lack of the Wings ability to win game when my man with a plan Aaron Downey is out of the lineup. WE NEED HIM BABY!!!! he needs to shake that flu bug and get back ASAP, cause the wings NEED him to win. THATS A FACT JACK!

n12107106_36556461_8133.jpg

I think Draper, Homer and Cleary are bigger absences than Downey...

I think Draper, Homer and Cleary are bigger absences than Downey...

Won't Downie's role pretty much become obsolete once McCarty gets around to joining the lineup anyway?

Makes me worried about what's gonna be shaken up during the offseason. Hasek's most likely retiring and I just don't see Ozzie as being a very reliable starter. Any decent goalies becoming FA's this summer?

I think Ozzie as the number one guy playing 60 games or so without the 1a/1b thing will give us a better idea. I'm not over the idea of that at all with Howard backing up. Realistically it's been an odd second half for our goalies. Hasek's gotten more games b/c he's most likely the playoff starter and needs to get up to speed after a shaky first half but then injuries put Osgood in more. It's rough for anyone to get their groove. Osgood was playing his best when he more or less was the starter and since it's been more 1a/1b, his play has dropped off a bit.