• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/16 GDT: Blue Jackets 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest octopusdank
No, well not if you are referencing fighting. Granted fighting in the playoffs decreases (but not all together) if we have to decide between one of the two for pure "enforcer" status it would be Downey. That said, it's the Red Wings, and it simply won't happen. When you think about it we really could dress both of them, I mean say what you will about Downey but at least he offers the possibility of doing something, where as guys like Maltby who is absolutely WORTHLESS, I mean jesus, I hear everyone getting on Sammy's back (which they should he is about as bad as Maltby) but due the fact Malts helped us win a cup 6+ years ago he seems to get a virtual pass on his worthlessness.

Sorry about that little tangent, it's a touchy subject. lol

I think we may see Downey a game here and there in the first round, possibly the second, and if we do make it to the WCF I think he will be helping the team from the press box. Which is fine, he did his job when he had to. But who knows I guess we'll wait and see.

n12107106_36556461_8133.jpg

quite posting that stupid 3 stars box, i dont even think it was right for that game.

LMAO...BJ's announcer

:withstupid:

I remember virtually the exact same thing being said about the Avs chances to make the playoffs last season. And then I just kept lolling harder and harder as Colorado kept winning games and Calgary kept losing. The Avs sneaking in against all odds for a series against the Wings would have been epic

Damnit Sammy.

I know I'm just pissed and laying lots of blame on Sammy because of it but ARGH!

Its okay. I normally don't like to bash on a single player like I have started to on Sammy lately but I can't stand him anymore...I loved him a couple years ago, and then last year I was like eh it was an off year. Statistically he is having a good year this year, but I can't handle him on the PP point. I can't see him shoot the puck into another persons foot without going crazy.

Guest octopusdank

im not watching the game, but the nhl ticker. the BJs are owning us with blocked shots it seems, thats all i keep seeing :(

14 shots and 4 goals? Playoff starter is pretty clear though. Dom come back soon :)

Yeah, Hasek let those 4 goals in, Osgood's been sterling since Hasek got pulled and has kept us in it. So, ummmm....

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. Ozzie has never had a bad start like that.

Both goalies have been inconsistent and had horrible starts.

Right now it is not clear which goalie is better for playoffs (unreal save by Oz though just now).

Yes. Both goalies have been inconsistent. I really don't think you can just assume Dom's the guy with the way they've both played, though that doesn't mean I think Osgood's the guy as he's been in the same inconsistent boat this half of the season. I think you start Hasek unless he keeps up the slop play which is likely due to injury, but he'll be on a short leash no matter what. Whoever starts for that matter.

Timeout, pull ozzie for the 6th guy. 6-4 common

Still a little too early

Actually, never mind, if we don't score here we wonn't win it anywHOLYs***THINGSAREGETTINGINTERESTINGNOW

Edited by Cern

THIS JUST IN THIS JUST IN, McCARTY's RIB INJURY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOCKEY.

It turns out 'ole D-Mac had one to many "colas" at MGM and got in a little rut he couldn't quite foot the bill for. Turns out the security roughed him in the back alley, they were heard screaming

"how can you$74K while you only have $8.13 cents in your pocket."
to which Darren replied,
"I had a hot hand baby, I was feeling it I tell ya!"
Reports say the injury could be worse then expected, and below are actual pictures of the incident which took place only a week ago:

odcamp.jpg

pic5.jpg

060221_vegas_hmed_10a.hmedium.jpg

b2_30.jpg