• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

HASEK or OSGOOD

Rate this topic

I don't care who starts. Both of them have shown this season to be more than capable of doing their part.

Sometimes though I wish neither would start so people here can stop spitting their ridiculous vitol against one or the other goalie.

As far as I'm concerned, Ozzie is like having the winning ticket to a $158 million lottery, printed on pretty paper with cute kitties (or doggies, or hamsters, or wombats, or whatever).

Hasek is like having the winning ticket to a $158 million lottery printed on plain paper that comes with a stamped envelop so you don't have to pay postage to claim your prize.

Ozzie is cuter, Hasek is sensible, but no matter which one you choose, you're still holding $158 million.

I pick Hasek as the starter because I think he is slightly better, but also because I think Ozzie is better at jumping in on a moment's notice when the need arises.

What I really want is to see both of them holding up that Cup.

Thread title needs changing: HASEK or OsGOD

I think we all know the answer to this question

Ummm Hasek wouldn't stand a chance against me ;)

I seriously couldn't care less if Dom ever plays another game for the Red Wings. After three stints with the Red Wings and their 'fans', the NHL should just give him the d***ed thing.

If Ozzie manages to backstop them to a Cup despite the refs' best efforts to thwart that, Hasek's name goes on the Cup anyway. All Babs has to do is stick Dom in for one shift in one game of the finals, and Bob's your Uncle. Winner!

Works for me. :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

I saw Hasek practicing right before the game last night. He skated around really slow and was hesitant to go in front of the net. The second he went in front of the net, the players lit him up one after another. Sometimes I don't know if he's playing games or really is hurt...but he didn't look ready to play.

On the other hand Osgood isn't as prooven to make clutch saves as even a clunky Hasek. Though he definitely makes clutch saves, there are some he lets in that Hasek can save. Hasek can have a good hockey sense too.

Depending on who we play, if Hasek is healthy I'd go with him. They better keep Osgood well practiced though. How can Hasek last an entire playoffs? He's played somewhere around 30 games out of 74. If the Wings make a long run, I see them alternating at least a couple times.

Edited by jim3033

Ever heard of a Stand up Goaltender? :thumbdown: The new goaltending style exhibited by Hasek is called the Flip-flop, fish out of water, or lay down style of goaltending. Trade Hasek for Legace and start Osgood in the playoffs. :thumbup:

Hmm ok, the balance on the goaltending, i dont know, seems like hasek is turning it back up, we may want to just hide and watch on that. Osgood has given us a good beginning, middle season, but hes looking kinda tired, i think he needs a break. to rest up and be ready for the playoffs.. I think they should share the duty equally, because really i think it would balance it out, we just have to find out which one is ready, im sure Babcock will figure that out soon.. i mean the season is close to over.

Hmm ok, the balance on the goaltending, i dont know, seems like hasek is turning it back up, we may want to just hide and watch on that. Osgood has given us a good beginning, middle season, but hes looking kinda tired, i think he needs a break. to rest up and be ready for the playoffs.. I think they should share the duty equally, because really i think it would balance it out, we just have to find out which one is ready, im sure Babcock will figure that out soon.. i mean the season is close to over.

I think Ozzie is just tired of leading the league in GAA and not getting looked at as a Playoff goalie... He should go back to the bottom of the list where all non-playoff playing "backups" should belong... he is embarassing all the starters :P:lol:

I think Ozzie is just tired of leading the league in GAA and not getting looked at as a Playoff goalie... He should go back to the bottom of the list where all non-playoff playing "backups" should belong... he is embarassing all the starters :P:lol:

:zzz:

They are just my thoughts... not yours...

Can't tell me it is not embarrassing that a "Backup" is sitting pretty on the top of the GAA... for a vast majority of this season...

I think the NHL should increase Net size or shrink goalie pads... to unseat the backups throne.

Go Neuvirth Go

Go GENS Go

Edited by OsGOD

They are just my thoughts... not yours...

Can't tell me it is not embarrassing that a "Backup" is sitting pretty on the top of the GAA... for a vast majority of this season...

You're embarrassed by the decision of the Wings brass to play a legend in goal in the playoffs??? I don't find the Red Wings embarrassing at all. Yet. :huh:

Complaining constantly about Ozzie not getting enough credit doesn't solve anything, it's just ridiculous. He gets more praise than any other player on the Wings roster on a given night, with the exception of the top scorers. And even then, he gets top billing. He's been great this season, no one is denying that.

Dom lead the league for a while in GAA, but the stat didn't seem to hold any importance then, oddly. How strange. Not. <_<

Listen to what your idol, Ozzie, says about being the backup. He understands his role on this team.

edited for... i don't know what. Just let this play out, will you?

Edited by puckloo39

You're embarrassed by the decision of the Wings brass to play a legend in goal in the playoffs??? I don't find the Red Wings embarrassing at all. Yet. :huh:

Complaining constantly about Ozzie not getting enough credit doesn't solve anything, it's just ridiculous. He gets more praise than any other player on the Wings roster on a given night, with the exception of the top scorers. And even then, he gets top billing. He's been great this season, no one is denying that.

Dom lead the league for a while in GAA, but the stat didn't seem to hold any importance then, oddly. How strange. Not. <_<

Listen to what your idol, Ozzie, says about being the backup. He understands his role on this team.

edited for... i don't know what. Just let this play out, will you?

No i am not embarrased... I am not a starting goalie in the NHL.... I am saying that as a Bonefide starter... how embarassing it would be for them (luongo...hasek...marty) to have to consistantly look up to a backup as the league leading GAA getter.

Sure dom lead for a while... but i wasn't talking about him... in fact the first time used his name was just above in my bonefide starter list... But Ozzie has lead for most of the season (as i orignally said)

Thats like having the leading goal scorer benched because well there is some legend on the team...

I am talking about the NHL screw the wings team... leading NHL GAA leader spans the NHL... but he won't play in the playoffs... embarrasing for me? no... I find it down right hilarous... especially when all you hear is put your best team you possibly can out on the ice for the win. The best in the NHL is slated to be benched teehee see? funny s*** going down.

No i am not embarrased... I am not a starting goalie in the NHL.... I am saying that as a Bonefide starter... how embarassing it would be for them (luongo...hasek...marty) to have to consistantly look up to a backup as the league leading GAA getter.

Sure dom lead for a while... but i wasn't talking about him... in fact the first time used his name was just above in my bonefide starter list... But Ozzie has lead for most of the season (as i orignally said)

Thats like having the leading goal scorer benched because well there is some legend on the team...

I am talking about the NHL screw the wings team... leading NHL GAA leader spans the NHL... but he won't play in the playoffs... embarrasing for me? no... I find it down right hilarous... especially when all you hear is put your best team you possibly can out on the ice for the win. The best in the NHL is slated to be benched teehee see? funny s*** going down.

Wait. You think Ozzie's embarrassed? Weekes (waaay behind Brodeur) and Sanford (behind Luongo) have played 8 and 15 games this season, respectively. They are not exactly in the same situation as Oz and Dom are.

No one else has the potential to tandem, if needed. Or not for very long anyway, in the case of the Nucks or New Jersey.

The Wings are putting the best team on the ice. :) You will have to talk to Kenny and Babs, and tell them about their bad judgement, I guess. teehee~

I was made in hockeytown and AM a WINGNUT.

However, Babcock needs to pull his head out of his arse. Too many point shots in the wings play book and not enough net crashing. With the exception of chelioe, lidstrom, rafalski, and kronwall, all the other defenseman hesitate and stand around and watch the play way to much.

BABCOCK, tell everyone to pressure the net and for God sakes send the rest of your defensive line up to the minors. Call up some better D from the griffins and send Lebda (duh), plus Lilya (what is this guy smokin?) to the minors.

What we have here is a failure to communicate, we are the wings, we are not invicible!

No playoff run with this Defensive line-up

Sorry Fans

^^ This has nothing to do with Hasek v. Osgood....

I think it is a tough call because Babs rotated them throughout the season, so in a sense both of them have proven worthy and earned a playoff spot. So although I personally favor Ozzie, I guess I'd feel comfortable with either one. My only concern is Hasek's health - he's sat out a few stints this year for minor things, but sometimes the little things can add up. That being said, Hasek is an honorable guy and if I hope that if he feels he cannot play at his highest level he bows out and hands the reins to Osgood.