80 replies to this topic

#61 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Packer487 @ April 4, 2008 - 03:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There would have been absolutely no justification for starting Osgood against Edmonton. He was absolutely brutal for most of that season and Legace had lost twice in regulation in his last 24 heading into the playoffs, and had won 8 straight giving up 15 goals total.

It didn't work out with Legace in net, but we can put that one on the list of Epic Failures like SJ 94 and LA 01....

14 Cups in 14 seasons if we just would've kept Osgood and started him every year, I tell ya!

Why single out those years... how about every other year out side of 97,98, 02 as epic failures... I know i was alive for lot more epic failures than just those two choice years (weren't you???)....oh because ozzie was involved thats right rolleyes.gif

Go Neuvirth Go
Go GENS Go

Edited by OsGOD, 05 April 2008 - 10:39 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#62 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:27 PM

I say we start our hybrid goalie Domris Hasgood for the playoffs ph34r.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#63 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Packer487 @ April 4, 2008 - 03:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There would have been absolutely no justification for starting Osgood against Edmonton. He was absolutely brutal for most of that season and Legace had lost twice in regulation in his last 24 heading into the playoffs, and had won 8 straight giving up 15 goals total.

It didn't work out with Legace in net, but we can put that one on the list of Epic Failures like SJ 94 and LA 01....

14 Cups in 14 seasons if we just would've kept Osgood and started him every year, I tell ya!

Now you're just being stupid Pack. Osgood won 3 games in the 94 playoffs, and lost 2. Bob Essensa's inability to stop the puck in his two starts was the reason Detroit didn't win that series. As far as 2001...Osgood was the best player in that series. Legace was the worst player on the Wings in 2006...so that is a completely different situation.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#64 TheHoff

TheHoff

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

The Dominator, but Osgood just as reliable. Doesn't Hasek have the playoff bonus in his contract?

#65 The Wheel

The Wheel

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

I'd throw Jimmy in before Hasek. Even if Ozzie and Hasek are equal in shot-blocking capability (which they're not), you can bank on Dom giving up at least one goal due to a) playing the puck outside the trapezoid, b) trying to draw an interference call by giving his best impression of the Bill Laimbeer flop or c) by deciding to chuck his stick to the corner and getting beat five-hole.

#66 dawings

dawings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

I'm leaning more toward Ozzie....he's been great this year. Although not opposed to seeing who's doing better at the start of the playoffs....switch them when needed.

thank you TeeMan

Show no mercy, Leave no doubt!

Lord, please keep Your arm around my shoulders and Your hand over my mouth

#67 wingedwheeler12

wingedwheeler12

~*Glad Mac is back*~

• 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

To Everyone:

lets put it all into thought, i think both will be played during the playoffs. the end will show whos better, blah, blah blah, realy its a waste of time and energy to argue that ozzie or dom is going to start, really does it matter as long as we have one of the two doing well? tis true Detroit Fans are hard on their goalies, but stuff like this can get down right annoying.

if anyone knows the definition of team work please post it up.. oh wait, i have it here..

Team work: (webster dictionary) : work done by several associates with each doing a part but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole

this is the most important part, not about who has the best resume.. because really your going on resumes it seems, who has the most cups, or who the coach says is most efficient.. true enough id like to see dom in there, but i also know, it has to be for the better of the team. so ill go with whatever babcock decides because i am sure a coach would know his own team better than i would.

**May the best goaltender be in net**

Edited by wingedwheeler12, 08 April 2008 - 03:32 PM.

*I need a new sig*

#68 OZPWNSHASEK

OZPWNSHASEK

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:01 AM

OZZY AND HOWARD

#69 wingedwheeler12

wingedwheeler12

~*Glad Mac is back*~

• 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

ranting.gif we just have to play like a team, Dom cannot pull a full series. give each goaltender a couple games. ranting.gif

*I need a new sig*

#70 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

NO QUESTION:

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#71 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (wingedwheeler12 @ April 17, 2008 - 08:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ranting.gif we just have to play like a team, Dom cannot pull a full series. give each goaltender a couple games. ranting.gif

You saw last night how good this team can make any goalie when they show up. They did for Ozzie, so I would say the signs are pretty clear... even if he loses one, I would leave him. The team will know it wasn't Ozzie who was at fault, and will play better for him next time.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#72 jthesq13

jthesq13

Norris Trophy Blueliner

• Silver Booster
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (The Wheel @ April 6, 2008 - 08:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd throw Jimmy in before Hasek. Even if Ozzie and Hasek are equal in shot-blocking capability (which they're not), you can bank on Dom giving up at least one goal due to a) playing the puck outside the trapezoid, b) trying to draw an interference call by giving his best impression of the Bill Laimbeer flop or c) by deciding to chuck his stick to the corner and getting beat five-hole.

Little harsh treatment for one of the keys to the 2002 Cup team and the great run last season don't you think?! Dom had a rough couple of games and owned up to it. Ozzie came in and played solid. The simple fact is we have two Stanley Cup winning goalies to choose from, how good is that? The bigger question, what will we do next year in goal???

#73 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

OF course... keep league leading Ozzie and bring up Howie to back up... problem solved with little to know money paid out above and beyond.

ohhh the joys of keeping the same goalie for more than a season. God i know its a new concept for Detroit, but we should at least give it a whirl!

#74 wingedwheeler12

wingedwheeler12

~*Glad Mac is back*~

• 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have to agree with you puckloo. your right..

Edited by wingedwheeler12, 27 April 2008 - 07:37 PM.

*I need a new sig*

#75 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Hopefully this won't happen, but, after how many loses should Hasek play? 1 or 2?
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#76 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (CanadaBoy @ May 8, 2008 - 08:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully this won't happen, but, after how many loses should Hasek play? 1 or 2?

After two consecutive losses that can be largely attributed to lack of focus on Osgood's part.

#77 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (CanadaBoy @ May 8, 2008 - 07:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unlikey to happen (losses or goalie switch) since the team is defensively tighter and contributing to the offense in the last 6 games. Since it's not necessary (or correct) to change goalies, you probably won't see Hasek again.

That appears to suit the majority here, and in the media/NHL. I wouldn't worry about it too much, CB.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#78 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ May 8, 2008 - 10:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unlikey to happen (losses or goalie switch) since the team is defensively tighter and contributing to the offense in the last 6 games. Since it's not necessary (or correct) to change goalies, you probably won't see Hasek again.

That appears to suit the majority here, and in the media/NHL. I wouldn't worry about it too much, CB.

I would say a 7-0 record, 1.45 gaa and a .939 sv% would suit the majority.

Eva, you might know, has any goalie had a perfect record in the playoffs?

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#79 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (dallas27 @ May 9, 2008 - 04:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say a 7-0 record, 1.45 gaa and a .939 sv% would suit the majority.

Eva, you might know, has any goalie had a perfect record in the playoffs?

Dallas, I'm disappointed in you. As a Wings fan you should know that in the 1952 playoffs, Detroit as a team went 8-0 in the postseason, with Terry Sawchuk in net for all games. Sawchuk allowed a mere 5 goals in 480 minutes of play, posting a then-record 4 shutouts, a record that stood for nearly 50 years.
1952 is important because...?

#80 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

TV debuts in Canada as the CBC in Montreal, Quebec airs

Thanks wikipedia

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox