• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Odds are we'll be playing one of these 4 teams...

Rate this topic

With Calgary, Colorado, and Vancouver all sitting at 84 points, and Minnesota at 86 points... One of these teams are likely to end the season at 8th place. I'm not saying for sure, but I'm predicting one of these teams we will be seeing first round.

Now, with that said, out of the 4 teams, who would you want to play the most to least... In that order.

For me it goes...

1. Colorado - We seem to play fairly well against them and nothing is too threatening about them. Sure they picked up Forsberg, but let's face it, he's not really a threat anymore. Goaltending for them is fairly weak as well.

2. Calgary - Seemingly the same team as they were last season with Kipper not as good as he was last season. We beat them then, and we could beat them again.

3. Minnesota - Kind of scary, the chemistry and speed this team has. They might come in as a team with a passion, which they always are. They could be a threat if they have that determination that they have shown before.

4. Vancouver - One word... LUONGO. Every time we have lost in the playoffs it has always been due to stellar goaltending against us. Roloson beat us, Giguere beat us twice, Kipper beat us... Luongo can do the same.

With all that said though, I believe we are capable to beat anybody we want, just have to have everybody play to full potential. Just some teams I want to play more than others. :P

What do you say?

With Calgary, Colorado, and Vancouver all sitting at 84 points, and Minnesota at 86 points... One of these teams are likely to end the season at 8th place. I'm not saying for sure, but I'm predicting one of these teams we will be seeing first round.

Now, with that said, out of the 4 teams, who would you want to play the most to least... In that order.

For me it goes...

1. Colorado - We seem to play fairly well against them and nothing is too threatening about them. Sure they picked up Forsberg, but let's face it, he's not really a threat anymore. Goaltending for them is fairly weak as well.

2. Calgary - Seemingly the same team as they were last season with Kipper not as good as he was last season. We beat them then, and we could beat them again.

3. Minnesota - Kind of scary, the chemistry and speed this team has. They might come in as a team with a passion, which they always are. They could be a threat if they have that determination that they have shown before.

4. Vancouver - One word... LUONGO. Every time we have lost in the playoffs it has always been due to stellar goaltending against us. Roloson beat us, Giguere beat us twice, Kipper beat us... Luongo can do the same.

With all that said though, I believe we are capable to beat anybody we want, just have to have everybody play to full potential. Just some teams I want to play more than others. :P

What do you say?

I agree 100%

1. Colorado

tough call. they haven't been competitive in playoffs for a while

but this is a team that can make some noise. they played depleted

for a large part of the season and still managed to stay well within

playoffs picture. Theodore doesn't look serious but you can never

guess how is it going to be in playoffs.

they look like a familiar and "safe" foe, though. if anything I'd rather

have them. there's sufficient Wings with memory of old rivalry and

sufficient skill to beat them. might not be as easy as it seems but

this should be a series Wings are very likely to win

2. Calgary

I'm not sold on them, although this year they seem to be better in

regular season than last time. their core is pretty much intact, they

have Kipper and they tend to show great spirit in playoffs. but then,

they are also the team Wings know and ultimately this makes this

series (at least theoretically) less likely to produce surprises. skill-wise

we're a deeper team and if Wings show mental toughness this

is a series we should win. Flames are not the best opponent

from long stretch perspective (because they could wear us down

and injure our players) but also one we could more likely win.

though, I'd rather leave them to some Sharks or Burke's goons.

3. Minnesota

honestly, I don't know. they look like a team that gathered lot of

points in games against weak teams but are so-so against

quality teams. and while Backstrom seems to be doing nice job

for them in regular season it's all but sure he's gonna be a beast

in playoffs. on paper they don't look so scary but with their

collection of goons and fleshy young forwards they can as well

beat the Wings. pretty much an unknown foe. what speaks

against them is that they don't have playoffs experience. this could

be of big help for Wings. still... too physical and too enigmatic to

just pick them :)

4. Vancouver

Bobby Lou scares the hell out of me. but neither their defense

(even more with Ohlund and Krajicek off) nor offense look

impressive. and the fact that they're Canadian team (sorry to

say that, but I don't expect fair reffing here) and require a lot

of traveling speaks against them. though, I'm leaning towards

picking them here. Bobby Lou will be a problem but in the end

Wings have enough dirty presence to get past him with gabage

goals. should be enough.

in the end... all of those team look beatable. Minny is dangerous

because they're unknown and Flames are legit and tough to

play against it. Avs and Nucks look relatively safer to pick,

but they are difficult teams to play against as well. Nucks look

to be a little bit more "floating" now while Avs move towards

playoffs playing their best hockey.

whoever it is, I want Wings to be focused and hungry. we're

a deep team with excellent coaching and strong defense.

if we show effort and heart we're able to beat all those 4

teams.

As a precursor to any of those four I hope Nashville somehow makes it and we play them but other that my order goes as follows:

1. Colorado (They actually look worse with the slowed down Forsberg messing up their chemistry.)

2. Calgary (We're a little better than we were last year and they're about the same, should yield similar results as last year.)

3. Vancouver (Vancouver's had our number for awhile now even though their team is admittedly pretty weak, they're also prone to take stupid PP's that I think with a full roster we can capitalize on even against Luongo.)

4. Minnesota (Aside from not being an overly exciting team to watch, something about Minnesota doesn't sit well with me, I'm fringing a lot of this decision on intanglibles but they frighten me more than the other 3.)

Colorado - definitely worst team of the four.

Minnesota - solid team from top to bottom, but not really threat to the Wings.

Vancouver - Average defense, great goalie, poor offense. Not scary at all.

Calgary - toughest team to play agains of those four. Great goalie, good defense and offense.

colorado - they dont scare me in the least and i think it will be fun to pound them again. plus we can maybe get some revenge on lappy!

calgary - kipper scares me and theyre a rough team, even more than last year and i see this one being a long drawn out battle but then again just about every series is in the west!

vancouver - just like everyone else im not so worried about the nucks as i am luongo. they cant score but if they put one by us each game that could be enough. they also have NO defense.

minnesota - they have boogaard, fedoruk and simon. this sounds ridiculous because im not worried they will beat us so much as beat us up. i dont want to watch a series where our entire team falls victim to cheapshots. plus backstrom is a crazy good goalie.

these arent in any REAL order i guess but give me colorado first.

It's crazy but Edmonton is even starting to look like a possibility right now, they have been real hot, are only 5 points back, and now the only teams they will be playing are Colorado, Vancouver, and Calgary.

Aka..teams battling for playoff positioning. I dont see how thats a good thing.

Aka..teams battling for playoff positioning. I dont see how thats a good thing.

Well because if Edmonton beats Colorado in all three games they have left against them, that's 6 points they get, and 6 points Colorado doesn't get.

Avs would get wings revved up for the ducks/stars.

I think wings would win in 5 at the most, But im worried about their forwards if they get 100% healthy.

They don't all have the regular season stats because most have been injured. But still.. wow..

Sakic

Forsberg

R.Smyith

Hedujk

P.Statsiny

M.Svatos

Lets also not forget about Brunett and wolski.

I personally would like to see avs or canucks. Calgary would a tough of a series, we would win it, but we would get banged up like last year.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

1. colorado (by far the easiest to beat of the four.)

2. minnesota (over calgary mostly for distance reasons.)

3. calgary (i hate this team. i'm scared of iginla, i'm scared of phaneuf, i'm even kinda scared of kipper. don't tell any flames fans, though.)

4. vancouver (luongo is the best goalie in the league, and i think he could steal the series for the canucks.)

I think that Nashville is also a definite possibilty for first round opponents. Also you cannot really count out the Oils just yet although it is pretty slim. Nashville definitly has a real chance to be in the eighth seat though. I would prefer them over all the other options. Flakey goaltending and mediocre offense, they really can only roll one good Off line.

For me it goes...

What do you say?

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to Theo's stats for the last couple months.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to Theo's stats for the last couple months.

QFT. Theo is back on track and hes been tearing it up. Im still not sold on him carrying the Avs very far - theres gonna be tons of pressure on him from the media wondering "is his comeback for real??" - but hes definitely headed in that direction..