• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96Homer

3/19 GDT: Zetterberg 3, Blue Jackets 1

Rate this topic

Like I said, regardless of who went in the box, it was STILL high sticking by a Wing. Penalty on the Wings.

Uh...when its your best player, the best defenseman in the league, and the guy who runs your entire teams game, then yeah, it makes a difference.

Like I said, regardless of who went in the box, it was STILL high sticking by a Wing. Penalty on the Wings.

Sure it was. But they took someone who didn't hi-stick someone. And they didn't take someone who ran over a goalie.

Therefore, it was a terrible call.

It wasn't a crap call...don't be such a homer. Eventhough they put the wrong guy in the box, it was still high sticking on the Red Wings, and to say they ran our goalie, well, not completely. Ozzie was 3 feet out from the goalie area and the BJ wasn't allowed to deviate from his path due to the Red Wing.

if they can't tell Nick from Raffi, they must be blind. So they put the 5 time Norris winner in the box, as a default since they weren't sure?

I would sorta buy that Ozzie was way out there and fair game. I didn't get a good enough look to tell if the BJ could have avoided him. Dang DVR is hinky tonight.

It wasn't a crap call...don't be such a homer. Eventhough they put the wrong guy in the box, it was still high sticking on the Red Wings, and to say they ran our goalie, well, not completely. Ozzie was 3 feet out from the goalie area and the BJ wasn't allowed to deviate from his path due to the Red Wing.

It was a crap call ESPECIALLY because the wrong guy was in the box. Who would you rather have killing a penalty - Rafalski or Lidstrom?

I know my answer...and it's the guy who was wrongly put in the box.

Sure it was. But they took someone who didn't hi-stick someone. And they didn't take someone who ran over a goalie.

Therefore, it was a terrible call.

He didn't run the goalie, watch the replay. Our player cut in front of the BJ and and Ozzie came out, far outside the crease, which lead to the BJ player trying to squeeze between both.

For the record, I don't think there's some great conspiracy against the Wings. I think the refs are generally bad both ways.

But there's a big difference between having Lids off the ice for 2 minutes and having Rafalksi. There's a reason why those guys have the large numbers on the backs of their jerseys.

if they can't tell Nick from Raffi, they must be blind. So they put the 5 time Norris winner in the box, as a default since they weren't sure?

I would sorta buy that Ozzie was way out there and fair game. I didn't get a good enough look to tell if the BJ could have avoided him. Dang DVR is hinky tonight.

Ozzie was there 1st, he definitely could have avoided him.

Aaaaaand Sammy gets a shot blocked.

He didn't run the goalie, watch the replay. Our player cut in front of the BJ and and Ozzie came out, far outside the crease, which lead to the BJ player trying to squeeze between both.

This isn't lacrosse. The goalie isn't fair game outside of the crease. It doesn't matter that he "tried" to squeeze between them. He hit Ozzie head-on and ran him over.

It was a crap call ESPECIALLY because the wrong guy was in the box. Who would you rather have killing a penalty - Rafalski or Lidstrom?

I know my answer...and it's the guy who was wrongly put in the box.

you said that better than I did. Right.

I think this is going to be another one of those nights. Nothing bounced the right way for us on Sunday and it's the same tonight. Norrena is thanking his lucky stars right now on that last scramble.

This isn't lacrosse. The goalie isn't fair game outside of the crease. It doesn't matter that he "tried" to squeeze between them. He hit Ozzie head-on and ran him over.

Geez, arguing with you people is like playing Marco Polo with a deaf kid.